CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Snikt5 11-01-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaberle15
Too much childish bickering on this thread for my liking, calm down people, its just a game........

Pretty nervous about next week now. I wanted Baltimore above the Jets, but we're not great at defending the run, and I think they'll adopt a similar tactic to yesterday. Also not sure what Colts team will show up, since most of them have been on holiday for the best part of a month.

I think Jets take care of San Diego (so long as Sanchez doesn't lose them the game). Arizona over NO, and Vikings over Cowboys.

If they give Sanchez straight forward plays like they did against the Bengals, I think they might surprise everyone. I think it was Nick Halling that pointed out, the Jets are 6 and 0 every time Sanchez has thrown less than 20 times.

sLlll 11-01-2010 12:18 PM

Quote Swan from my NY Yankees thread;-

"Ok, so with what's going on on the NFL Thread at the moment I feel the need to come in here and call all you Yankee fans a bunch of wankers!! I bet you're all Cowgirl fans as well!!
:p"

My response was - :D

I do recall Swan saying he took losing personally and obviously he can't take it as you'll see from all the insults he has thrown at me since I upset him.

What does trouble me is the judgments made by others without the full facts. Swan threw out the same insult I did, I just did it at a later date (and OK I admit at a sensitive time for him as Philly had lost to Dallas for a third time this season :D)

I said, "Wank city, wank fans." Nothing to get upset about in my opinion. I believe he used the C word at me. So did EEIE I believe, I'm not upset.

I don't dislike the bloke just for the record, I would have even sent him an apology however the way he has conducted himself since he can stew.;):o

sLlll 11-01-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaberle15
Too much childish bickering on this thread for my liking, calm down people, its just a game........

Too true.

Not worth getting upset over the performance of other individuals that you have no control over. If we win - great, if not - that's life :p

sLlll 11-01-2010 12:23 PM

For the record:-

Jets @ Chargers - Chargers

Ravens @ Colts - Colts

Cowboys @ Vikings - Cowboys

Cardinals @ Saints - Saints

Chargers @ Colts - Colts

Cowboys @ Saints - Cowboys

Cowboys v Colts - Cowboys :lux:

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I have gone with Chargers, Colts, Cowgirls, Cardinals, the 4 C's, although if my predictions from this weekend are anything to go by then only 1 of my predicted winners will actually win, if that is the case then it'll probably be the Chargers as I really can't see the Jets turning them over.

Yeah, this.

GodstoneEagle 11-01-2010 01:38 PM

Lol at Rackers' pulled kick. He must have been relieved when they won that.

ardeo 11-01-2010 02:03 PM

Hmmm looking forward to next week already now.

Chargers to beat Jets.

Jets played well against the Bengals, but the Bengals didn't offer a great deal, Palmer had a shocker, and the Chargers are a top end team, who finished on an 11 game winning streak. They beat the Bengals when they were playing at their hardest, they whooped the Titans when the Titans had all to play for, and will be fully focused on winning and have more than enough quality to do so.

Ravens to beat Colts

Ravens have the ability to stop a slightly rusty and out of sync Colts teams and run the ball well enough to keep the game tight. Ravens only lost out narrowly earlier in the season, but the momentum is definitely with them. Colts will be good, but I think its a good match up for the Ravens and they can just about edge out the Colts.

Cowboys to beat Vikings

Cowboys have got everything firing at the moment, they are super confident and really focused on what they have to do. Vikings have the weapons to cause problems and our at home, but not much went right for them towards the end of the season, and apparent tension between Favre and Childress, and the disappearance of Peterson to an extent, should upset them enough for an away win.

Saints to beat Cardinals

Think this will be another shootout, Cardinals showed an amazing passing attack against the Packers, but this packers let the steelers throw all over them too. Saints will be rested and I think refocused, Brees is still superb and the defence can step up and get the turnovers which will be the difference.

jazman 11-01-2010 02:16 PM

I'm far too nervous already to get involved in predictions ... It's going to be a bloody long week, that's for sure ...

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 04:44 PM

Good game for all those either bored at work tomorrow or just want to play along.

Using 1 player from each team, make a 32 man team.

Here's the positions.
QB:
HB:
HB:
FB:
WR:
WR:
WR:
TE:
TE:
T:
G:
C:
G:
C:

DE:
DT:
DT:
DE:
OLB:
ILB:
ILB:
OLB:
CB:
CB:
CB:
S:
S:

K:
P:
KR:
PR:
Coach:

Think that makes 32.

Make the effort guys, test your knowledge :)

AddiscombeEagle 11-01-2010 04:52 PM

Here's mine:

Here's the positions.
QB:
HB:
HB:
FB:
WR:
WR:
WR:
TE:
TE:
T:
G:
C:
G:
C:

DE:
DT:
DT:
DE:
OLB:
ILB: Ray Lewis
ILB:
OLB:
CB:
CB:
CB:
S:
S:

K:
P:
KR:
PR:
Coach:

With Ray as the leader and in the team, it doesn't matter who else plays, they will be a team and can win. Fill them with whoever :lux: :lux:

jazman 11-01-2010 05:05 PM

My god Paul, you must be bored ...

ardeo 11-01-2010 05:06 PM

I'll go with the NFC pro bowl team thanks

Having reread your post, i might try and do it tomorrow

AddiscombeEagle 11-01-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
My god Paul, you must be bored ...

Be fair Jaz, people have to deal with difficult circumstances in whichever way helps them recover, however sad it looks, let Paul deal with it in his own way.:D

Personally I would recomend writing lines to get it out of his system.

How about:

Yes, the Ravens did put up 24 unanswered points in the first quarter

:lux: :lux:

Benzhiyi 11-01-2010 05:16 PM

That was fun, Paul. :)

QB: Aaron Rodgers, GB
HB: Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX
HB: Jamaal Charles, KC
FB: Lousaka Polite, MIA
WR: Steve Smith, NYG
WR: Andre Johnson, HOU
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, ATL
TE: Vernon Davis, SF
TE: Chris Cooley, WAS
T: Ryan Clady, DEN
G: Steve Hutchinson, MIN
C: Kevin Mawae, TEN
G: Leonard Davis, DAL
C: Jeff Saturday, IND

DE: Trent Cole, PHI
DT: Tommie Harris, CHI
DT: Vince Wilfork, NE
DE: Haloti Hgata, BAL
OLB: Shawn Merriman, SD
ILB: Barrett Ruud, TB
ILB: Jon Beason, CAR
OLB: James Harrison, PIT
CB: Nnamdi Asomugha, OAK
CB: Darelle Revis, NYJ
CB: Jonathan Joseph, CIN
S: Louis Delmas, DET
S: Jarius Byrd, BUF

K: Josh Brown, STL
P: Michael Koenen, ATL
KR: Josh Cribbs, CLE
PR: Justin Forsett, SEA
Coach: Sean Peyton, NO

peagle 11-01-2010 05:29 PM

Probably put Brady in at QB in what I'm sure will be very unpopular on here. At his best, he was the best, maybe ever! And I have every faith he could be back to that next year.

I'd also put Welker in my receiving core, as well as probably Ochocinco as "still the most uncoverable receiver in the league" just for the entertainment! Then also Fitzgerald because he has a full skill set and can make big plays, would work nicely with Welker.

Might run with Maroney ;) haha

Would actually play Jones-Drew as first choice running back and Rice.

TE I'd go Gates and then I'm not too sure, I quite like Finley but the stats might suggest I should go elsewhere.

Don't think I can do either side of the trenches justice when trying to select players :(

Pollard can play strong safety purely for the number he pulled against us in week 17! Then not sure, maybe Clark :S

Linebackers, Mayo might sneak in, and I'm sorry to say I would play Lewis :(

Then outside I'd probably go Peterson?? and maybe Cushing?? Not really sure there.

CBs Lacey then I'm not sure :(

K Kaeding
P Graham
KR Cribbs
PR EDELMAN! Did you see that return?
Coach: Bill Bell

As you may notice I'm still hardly an expert! This is a combination of my views and a few cheeky looks at some stats. Places where I had NO idea I left blank.

Benzhiyi 11-01-2010 05:49 PM

One from each team, fella. :D

Swanny32 11-01-2010 05:55 PM

I'll start again when the missus isn't bugging the shit out of me!

ardeo 11-01-2010 05:59 PM

See the above post Chris

Swanny32 11-01-2010 06:08 PM

Yeah just noticed that. I'm ****ed in that case!

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 06:23 PM

Been having a think on the bus home, here's my effort.

(BTW, I put 2 Centers instead of 2 Tackles. Fail.)

I like my team though. I'd consider swapping White for T.Gonzalez and Carlson for Houshmandzadeh.

Thoughts?

QB: Phillip Rivers (SD)
HB: Chris Johnson (Ten)
HB: Maurice Jones-Drew (Jax)
FB: Loussaka Polite (Mia)
WR: Greg Jennings (GB)
WR: Larry Fitzgerald (Ari)
WR: Roddy White (ATL)
TE: John Carlson (Sea)
TE: Kellen Winslow (TB)
T: Ryan Clady (Den)
G: Steve Hutchinson (Min)