CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2021 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283690)

HOVE EAGLE 27-08-2021 10:37 PM

I think Sussex will win on finals day

desperado 27-08-2021 10:54 PM

All four semi-finalists from the South group in the other version of Mickey Mouse Cricket

A shame none of the "professional Northerner" commentators like Lloyd were there to witness the demise of their favourites

Brett 28-08-2021 05:45 AM

Is there a bigger ponce on TV than Charles Dagnall. Assume the snazzy clothing is recompense for a complete lack of personality?

Olympian2 28-08-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 15970405)
Is there a bigger ponce on TV than Charles Dagnall. Assume the snazzy clothing is recompense for a complete lack of personality?

Him & Daniel Norcross are two peas from the same bellend pod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 15970255)
Spitfires back at finals day with a very solid performance and comfortable win :p

A few weeks ago, & being a Surrey fan, I had a little insurance bet on Kent to win the Blast :p

Looking forward to Finalsí Day now

Aki Aki Aki 28-08-2021 10:24 AM

As a fan, I want Kent to win the finals, but I fancy Somerset with their well balanced side.

cappuccinoeagle 28-08-2021 01:08 PM

Steven Finn joining Sussex from next season

RobertCPFC 28-08-2021 08:17 PM

Surrey's game against Durham next week has been cancelled because of a positive COVID case.

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/2237019/l...-covid-19-case

cappuccinoeagle 29-08-2021 09:16 PM

.

ANDYEAGLE 31-08-2021 03:46 PM

https://www.kiaoval.com/plunkett-to-leave-surrey/

3 years? What an incredible waste of money. No wonder he is thanking Surrey. Charity.

Olympian2 31-08-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15978360)
https://www.kiaoval.com/plunkett-to-leave-surrey/

3 years? What an incredible waste of money. No wonder he is thanking Surrey. Charity.

I think it's safe to say that we 'didn't get to see the best of Liam Plunkett in a Surrey shirt' :p

Aki Aki Aki 01-09-2021 10:31 PM

Another Stevo masterclass as Kent won their first first-class game of the season :p

cappuccinoeagle 02-09-2021 12:07 AM

Stoneman’s debut for Middlesex 0 & 0

Mick 05-09-2021 06:09 PM

Jamie Smith again shows good form with the bat at Northampton. Will probably be called up for England in the not too distant future.

Olympian2 05-09-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 15988418)
Jamie Smith again shows good form with the bat at Northampton. Will probably be called up for England in the not too distant future.

Yeah, that should stifle his progress nicelyÖ

desperado 05-09-2021 07:09 PM

The dire state of England batting is highlighted in the current round of county games. Six sides bowled out for less than 150 three of them for under a hundred

Little wonder England struggle to find batsmen up to Test match cricket, pitches and players are not good enough

Olympian2 05-09-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 15988466)
The dire state of England batting is highlighted in the current round of county games. Six sides bowled out for less than 150 three of them for under a hundred

Little wonder England struggle to find batsmen up to Test match cricket, pitches and players are not good enough

Yeah, I noticed that. Some of that will be because theyíre starting games at 10:30am in September, but even soÖ.

Not to worry though, Graham Thorpe says itís The Hundred that will be good for Englandís Test batsmen. We should probably just sack off the County Championship if we want decent red ball players for England :afro:

Catford Eagle 06-09-2021 08:08 PM

Sod's law was well at work at Hove today. I'm in enemy territory for a few days and decided to go along for a day's cricket. Having never seen Stoneman reach three figures for Surrey, I had the "pleasure" of seeing him get an untroubled 174, and break Middlesex's opening partnership record.

Olympian2 06-09-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catford Eagle (Post 15991573)
Sod's law was well at work at Hove today. I'm in enemy territory for a few days and decided to go along for a day's cricket. Having never seen Stoneman reach three figures for Surrey, I had the "pleasure" of seeing him get an untroubled 174, and break Middlesex's opening partnership record.

I saw that! He's made 0, 0 & 174 for them so far....... :D

Ian Hart 06-09-2021 10:30 PM

Perhaps he was stoned, man?

Olympian2 08-09-2021 03:35 PM

Some additional heat being put on Yorkshire re the Azeem Rafiq report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58490078

ANDYEAGLE 09-09-2021 03:43 PM

Are Surrey now bottom of this new league? We have a game against Essex coming up. Is Olympian taking his 27 mates ? If so I have got 6 guest vouchers he or anyone can have. There will probably be plenty knocking around.

Olympian2 09-09-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15996751)
Are Surrey now bottom of this new league? We have a game against Essex coming up. Is Olympian taking his 27 mates ? If so I have got 6 guest vouchers he or anyone can have. There will probably be plenty knocking around.

LOL, thanks mate! The '27 mates' outing is normally for a T20 game.

I will be there on Monday with 3 or 4 mates but I've got enough Guest Vouchers to cover them, cheers. It'll be my last visit t'Oval this year. We'll probably shuffle around the Pavilion/Peter May stand/Laker Balcony/Lock Balcony watching Alistair Cook bat all day which, even for a Surrey fan, won't be the worst thing in the world.

Mick 10-09-2021 09:27 AM

I'm going to the Oval on Sunday. Will be somewhat relaxing, merely getting my plastic card scanned at the entrance.

Olympian2 10-09-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 15997405)
I'm going to the Oval on Sunday. Will be somewhat relaxing, merely getting my plastic card scanned at the entrance.

:D

I'm planning to take a bottle of fizz in on Monday, despite the 'no glass bottles' policy. Stewards didn't check at the last CC (or it might have been an RLC) game....

Mick 10-09-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15997508)
:D

I'm planning to take a bottle of fizz in on Monday, despite the 'no glass bottles' policy. Stewards didn't check at the last CC (or it might have been an RLC) game....

I think you'd need to be lugging a crate of beer in before they became concerned.

cappuccinoeagle 12-09-2021 11:50 AM

Surrey V Essex - Johnny Tattersall, wicket keeper on loan from Yorkshire for Surrey. Not sure the issue with Jamie Smith is.

Olympian2 12-09-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16000896)
Surrey V Essex - Johnny Tattersall, wicket keeper on loan from Yorkshire for Surrey. Not sure the issue with Jamie Smith is.

Smith is out with a shoulder injury. Not sure why Pope canít keep, heís done so in a Test match before.

Burns has been rested by the ECB. The ECB were obviously happy for him to play a 5 day game but now thatís been cancelled, he obviously canít play a 4 day game.

If anyone had any doubt how incredibly ****ed up & stupid the ECB are, thatís it in a nutshell.

spike 12-09-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16000906)
Not sure why Pope canít keep,

Probably because he had only recently returned from multiple shoulder injuries?

Maiden Eagle 12-09-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16000906)
Smith is out with a shoulder injury. Not sure why Pope canít keep, heís done so in a Test match before.

Burns has been rested by the ECB. The ECB were obviously happy for him to play a 5 day game but now thatís been cancelled, he obviously canít play a 4 day game.

If anyone had any doubt how incredibly ****ed up & stupid the ECB are, thatís it in a nutshell.

Jeez, that is fecking absurd.

I assume Burns will be going to the Ashes and because he won't be in the T20 WC and because I'm assuming no warm up matches cos of covid, he should be playing as many competitive matches as possible, to prepare him for Stark and Co in OZ.

Olympian2 12-09-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike (Post 16000997)
Probably because he had only recently returned from multiple shoulder injuries?

Quite possibly. Or maybe the ECB are 'resting' Ollie's gloves.... :p

ANDYEAGLE 12-09-2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15996761)
LOL, thanks mate! The '27 mates' outing is normally for a T20 game.

I will be there on Monday with 3 or 4 mates but I've got enough Guest Vouchers to cover them, cheers. It'll be my last visit t'Oval this year. We'll probably shuffle around the Pavilion/Peter May stand/Laker Balcony/Lock Balcony watching Alistair Cook bat all day which, even for a Surrey fan, won't be the worst thing in the world.


Well you were right about Cook batting all day. Don't forget the Pomagne.

Ian Hart 12-09-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 16001414)
Well you were right about Cook batting all day.

Besides the keeper, only Amla and Pope didn't have a go at getting him out.

Sums up the season

Prince Phillip 13-09-2021 02:52 PM

0-2 in reply. We've adopted the Aussie way round of the score, yes?

NRM the 2nd 13-09-2021 03:13 PM

Wonder if cook will come out of retirement and open for England again. Went along yesterday and was nice to see him make 100 seeing last time i saw him there was his last match against India

Ruskin Old Boy 13-09-2021 03:14 PM

The forecast for tomorrow suggests Stewart's dawn rain dance may have worked.

Olympian2 13-09-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16002152)
0-2 in reply. We've adopted the Aussie way round of the score, yes?

Cricket aside, itís lovely & sunny up on the Laker Balcony :p

Wolfnipplechips 13-09-2021 03:47 PM

Is it time for Stewart to go?

We’ve been dreadful in all formats for a couple of years now.

ANDYEAGLE 13-09-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16002183)
Cricket aside, itís lovely & sunny up on the Laker Balcony :p

Was there this afternoon. Another poor show. Jordan Clarke thinks it was the 100. Amla different class. Never looked in trouble.
My mate went out on a food hunt about 2.15. The only thing he found was bloody pizza. Settle for nuts and crisps. Sat in mid tier of pavilion. Good weather

Olympian2 13-09-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 16002487)
Was there this afternoon. Another poor show. Jordan Clarke thinks it was the 100. Amla different class. Never looked in trouble.
My mate went out on a food hunt about 2.15. The only thing he found was bloody pizza. Settle for nuts and crisps. Sat in mid tier of pavilion. Good weather

Yeah, one of our party had the same problem. I nearly offered her some of my bloody marvellous home-made prawn curry & rice.

There was a definite end of term feel from Surrey today, both on & off the field.

CommercialStone 15-09-2021 07:23 PM

What’s the point of the games Kent are now playing and winning? Is it just going through the motions? Is anything at stake?

RobertCPFC 15-09-2021 09:56 PM

The main things on offer in Division Two and Three are additional prize money and the finishing position could have an effect on next season depending on the format.

Aki Aki Aki 15-09-2021 11:01 PM

Kent v Middlesex next week to end the season and decide who finishes top of the league.

Olympian2 16-09-2021 07:37 PM

Anyone doing T20 Final's Day on Saturday? There's a group of 18 of us going.

Plus I've just had an e-mail from Edgbaston about 2022........

desperado 16-09-2021 07:48 PM

I got an e-mail from Surrey CCC asking me to cast my vote for player of the season

I've read it twice and it appears to be genuine and not someone taking the piss

Ian Hart 16-09-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 16007957)
I got an e-mail from Surrey CCC asking me to cast my vote for player of the season

I've read it twice and it appears to be genuine and not someone taking the piss

I think I'd vote for Tony Lock or Dave Sydenham

ANDYEAGLE 21-09-2021 03:25 PM

Yet another new captain for Surrey. Still can't win the bloody toss. Getting stuffed again.

Olympian2 21-09-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 16015013)
Yet another new captain for Surrey. Still can't win the bloody toss. Getting stuffed again.

LOL, so true. Who has captained the red ball team this season? Burns? Amla? Smith? Pope? Anyone else?

Catford Eagle 21-09-2021 04:03 PM

Be fair, Glamorgan have amassed 18 batting points in their previous 10 matches.

On a separate note, is Chelmsford a total minefield these days? Every match they play there seems to have at least 10 wickets on day one.

Olympian2 21-09-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catford Eagle (Post 16015235)
Be fair, Glamorgan have amassed 18 batting points in their previous 10 matches.

On a separate note, is Chelmsford a total minefield these days? Every match they play there seems to have at least 10 wickets on day one.

16 & counting....

Olympian2 21-09-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16015413)
16 & counting....

Make that 25 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Catford Eagle 21-09-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16015533)
Make that 25 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Did they claim the extra half hour? Could have been a one-day four dayer.

Mike Douglas 21-09-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16015179)
LOL, so true. Who has captained the red ball team this season? Burns? Amla? Smith? Pope? Anyone else?

I don't think Smith has captained the red ball team this year. The other three are the only cc captains we have had this year.

Olympian2 22-09-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catford Eagle (Post 16015586)
Did they claim the extra half hour? Could have been a one-day four dayer.

Well, they only needed half an hour this morning.

A four day game, over within 97 overs....

Olympian2 22-09-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Douglas (Post 16015728)
I don't think Smith has captained the red ball team this year. The other three are the only cc captains we have had this year.

You're right :p

Wolfnipplechips 22-09-2021 03:08 PM

Glamorgan should declare once they get to 1000.

Prince Phillip 22-09-2021 07:46 PM

177 overs behind the sticks would've got Ben Foakes knee joints well back in the groove.
Ouch.

cappuccinoeagle 22-09-2021 11:45 PM

The only silver linings are Amla getting his county cap & the return of Foakes

Maiden Eagle 23-09-2021 06:26 AM

Don't worry, we've signed Chris Jordan for next season !!

What with his probable T20 franchises and England ODI & T20 commitments, he'll play at least 2 games for Surrey, next season.

But hey, it's another big name at the Oval.

Dobbo 23-09-2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16017535)
The only silver linings are Amla getting his county cap & the return of Foakes

Sadly, it's also Rikki Clarke's last ever game. Not a good one to go out on.

Wolfnipplechips 23-09-2021 08:36 AM

Time for change at Surrey. How on earth we can be signing Jordan is beyond me. Solanki has been disastrous. Stewart not much better.

desperado 23-09-2021 09:36 AM

Surrey didn't lose any wickets in the hour of play after Glamorgan declared but they can still get tomorrow off if they put their minds to it

spike 23-09-2021 02:35 PM

Can Surrey and Glamorgan just shake on a draw now?

I know we don't need to have results pitches like they seem to have at Essex, but something for the bowlers would be nice.

p.s. please don't see this as an attempt to jinx things!

ANDYEAGLE 23-09-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike (Post 16018944)
Can Surrey and Glamorgan just shake on a draw now?

I know we don't need to have results pitches like they seem to have at Essex, but something for the bowlers would be nice.

p.s. please don't see this as an attempt to jinx things!

Or even better Surrey declare and Glamorgan forfeit their second innings. I would go tomorrow if they did that. Fat chance.
Apart from this wicket the wickets have tended to be much more bowler friendly in recent times.

Palace Dan 23-09-2021 04:03 PM

I think Hampshire are going to fall at the final hurdle.

Olympian2 23-09-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike (Post 16018944)
Can Surrey and Glamorgan just shake on a draw now?

I know we don't need to have results pitches like they seem to have at Essex, but something for the bowlers would be nice.

p.s. please don't see this as an attempt to jinx things!

1000-8 combined.

Not a great game for the bowlers or the groundsman....

cappuccinoeagle 23-09-2021 06:43 PM

As well as Rikki Clarke, Jade Dernbach is leaving Surrey.

Ian Hart 23-09-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16019225)

Not a great game for the bowlers or the groundsman....

Nor the spectators. No-one is really enthused by these big individual scores on a pitch like this, and the scoring rate has been pretty tedious

ANDYEAGLE 24-09-2021 12:14 PM

Well Pope is getting plenty of time at the crease. For what its worth on this wicket.
Suspect they will all be going on holiday by 3oclock

Olympian2 24-09-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16019284)
As well as Rikki Clarke, Jade Dernbach is leaving Surrey.

Yep, both received Honorary Life Membership from Richard Thompson last night. Good on both of 'em.

RobertCPFC 24-09-2021 12:44 PM

Kent are the Division Three Champions after beating Middlesex in a very good game.

We needed 373 to win and with a Robinson Century, 89 from Muyeye and an important partnership from Stewart and O'Riordan just about reached the target.

It was a disappointing start to the season and being in Division Three and winless was not what I expected but once we were you can't ask for anymore than four wins out of four. In the end it probably ends up as one of the most successful seasons I have seen with us being T20 Champions which I would have not expected six weeks ago.

I think it will be interesting this afternoon to see who out of Lancashire and Warwickshire are the winners.

Maiden Eagle 24-09-2021 12:57 PM

Meanwhile on that road in Kennington, now over 1200 runs for 8 wickets.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!

Dobbo 24-09-2021 01:36 PM

Surrey's highest third wicket partnership is 413 between David Ward and Martin Bicknell against Kent in 1990, so a way to go for Amla & Pope yet.

spike 24-09-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobbo (Post 16020154)
Surrey's highest third wicket partnership is 413 between David Ward and Martin Bicknell against Kent in 1990, so a way to go for Amla & Pope yet.

You sure it wasn't Darren (Bicknell)? Unless it was at nightwatchman, I'd not expect Martin to have batted above 7 or 8.

[EDIT]
Darren it was, with Martin down at 10:
http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/AR...10SEP1990.html

Webb 24-09-2021 02:46 PM

Will they give Clarke a go/nice send off before they shake on the draw? Hope so.

Webb 24-09-2021 04:05 PM

Nice to see a guard of honour for Rikki, but all getting a bit silly now. Watching the live stream - their keeper is just about to take the new ball.......

spike 24-09-2021 04:19 PM

Did he bother to take his pads off?

Shouldn't Surrey complete the farce by declaring and opening the bowling with Smith and Pope?

Olympian2 24-09-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike (Post 16020364)
Did he bother to take his pads off?

Shouldn't Surrey complete the farce by declaring and opening the bowling with Smith and Pope?

Match ended with a combined score of 1394-10....

cappuccinoeagle 24-09-2021 06:44 PM

I got bored listening and swapped to Warwickshire V Somerset

Sleeping Giant 24-09-2021 10:15 PM

Is it just me? The County Championship format just makes me sad.

Ian Hart 24-09-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant (Post 16020638)
Is it just me? The County Championship format just makes me sad.

What makes me sad is that unless more of the younger generation can be enticed to watch the longer form of the game, any format that lasts more than a day will surely die. But if two teams produce a game like Surrey and Glamorgan have just done, younger fans will decide the formast is simply not worth watching.

And who could blame them ?

ANDYEAGLE 01-10-2021 09:50 AM

So. We are getting a 31stg rebate from Surrey. I am sure you Surrey lot will be donating it back to the club.

Ruskin Old Boy 01-10-2021 07:53 PM

Most peculiar: sent in my letter of resignation to Surrey late last year. Received a confirmation email from the Ticket Office by return, all very polite.

Earlier this year received a membership card! Invitations to apply for tickets!! Thank you letters!!! And today a letter arrived from Charlie Hodgson with an invitation, should I be so inclined, to apply for the grand sum of £30.72.

What a marvellous gesture :D

cappuccinoeagle 01-10-2021 09:35 PM

Gareth Batty retires

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/ne...ssistant-coach

Ian Hart 01-10-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16030999)
Most peculiar: sent in my letter of resignation to Surrey late last year.

Why did you resign, John? The poor performances haven't been your fault entirely ;)

ANDYEAGLE 02-10-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16030999)
Most peculiar: sent in my letter of resignation to Surrey late last year. Received a confirmation email from the Ticket Office by return, all very polite.

Earlier this year received a membership card! Invitations to apply for tickets!! Thank you letters!!! And today a letter arrived from Charlie Hodgson with an invitation, should I be so inclined, to apply for the grand sum of £30.72.

What a marvellous gesture :D

Well they are giving me STG 31.11. :D

Olympian2 02-10-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16030999)
Most peculiar: sent in my letter of resignation to Surrey late last year. Received a confirmation email from the Ticket Office by return, all very polite.

Earlier this year received a membership card! Invitations to apply for tickets!! Thank you letters!!! And today a letter arrived from Charlie Hodgson with an invitation, should I be so inclined, to apply for the grand sum of £30.72.

What a marvellous gesture :D

Thatís brilliant, ROB. They are currently a shambles both on & off the fieldÖ

desperado 07-10-2021 01:18 PM

I have applied for my £30 refund this year

I have decided to give the money to the UNICEF/WHO Covid-19 vaccine appeal

I hope they will use the money more wisely than Surrey CCC

Ian Hart 14-10-2021 05:40 PM

The County Championship reverts to 2 divisions next season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58913832

As Div 1 will have 10 teams, and Surrey finished 4th in Div 2 (so, effectively 10th overall) does that mean we'll be back in Div 1 next season? I presume so

Ian Hart 14-10-2021 05:42 PM

We deserve to be in Div 1 after playing so supremely well last season

Olympian2 14-10-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 16050848)
The County Championship reverts to 2 divisions next season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58913832

As Div 1 will have 10 teams, and Surrey finished 4th in Div 2 (so, effectively 10th overall) does that mean we'll be back in Div 1 next season? I presume so

Yes, the teams for each division have now been confirmed in the original link you provided. Surrey have scraped into Div 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 16050851)
We deserve to be in Div 1 after playing so supremely well last season

:D :D

Sam Spade 14-10-2021 06:02 PM

More tinkering to ensure Hants donít win the CC...:hmph:

Ian Hart 15-10-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Spade (Post 16050870)
More tinkering to ensure Hants donít win the CC...:hmph:

The tinkering seems to have worked successfully for coming up to 50 years :D

spike 15-10-2021 02:36 PM

Middlesex are also pissed of with the situation, which is quite funny given how terrible they've been for the last 3 years.

Sam Spade 15-10-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 16051448)
The tinkering seems to have worked successfully for coming up to 50 years :D

:D Last won in 1973, the year I started work. I retired this year ffs!

ANDYEAGLE 16-10-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16050864)
Yes, the teams for each division have now been confirmed in the original link you provided. Surrey have scraped into Div 1.



:D :D

So 10 teams in div 1 and 8 in div 2. Seems like it has been fixed for Surrey;)

GTR 16-10-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 16052641)
So 10 teams in div 1 and 8 in div 2. Seems like it has been fixed for Surrey;)

Seems like they have gone with the structure and the promotions and relegations from 2019.

Notts upset to be in Div 2 but not a 2/3 majority for any alternative proposal.

Would much prefer 2 divisions of 9 and 16 matches in total but big question is how many games are played in April, May and September. Fixture list out next month apparently

Ruskin Old Boy 22-12-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16031900)
Thatís brilliant, ROB. They are currently a shambles both on & off the fieldÖ


:D

Had an email from Surrey today advising me that they plan to raid my bank account in January for my 2022 membership fee.

T'is a shambles that despite numerous emails from me, confirmations from the Box Office andother part of the club hasn't got a f*cking clue what's going on. They're as bad as Boris and his cabinet of fools.

le piddler 22-12-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16165651)
:D

Had an email from Surrey today advising me that they plan to raid my bank account in January for my 2022 membership fee.

T'is a shambles that despite numerous emails from me, confirmations from the Box Office andother part of the club hasn't got a f*cking clue what's going on. They're as bad as Boris and his cabinet of fools.

Had the same this morning,informing me they have set up a direct debit for my upcoming membership.
I sent them a copy of my confirmation email saying I paid for my T20 & one day membership so why am I being charged again?
Got a reply saying I can update my membership if I want as the one I have doesnít include the 100 !! Like I really care 😂

desperado 22-12-2021 12:35 PM

I had the same e-mail

Been a member so long I can't remember for how many years.
Haven't been to The Oval since September 2019 but hoping to return when there is a semblance of normality again

Money going out of my account next month. Surrey CCC the gift that keeps on taking

Ian Hart 22-12-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy (Post 16165651)
:D

They're as bad as Boris and his cabinet of fools.

Steady on!!!!!

Surrey are just useless and incompetent.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.