CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2021 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283690)

cappuccinoeagle 15-08-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertCPFC (Post 15941057)
The BBC summary of today's games had the following for the knockout games:

Play-off
Saturday: Essex v Yorkshire
Sunday: Surrey v Gloucestershire

Semi-finals
Monday: Glamorgan v Essex/Yorkshire
Tuesday: Durham v Surrey/Gloucestershire

Final
Next Thursday, 1pm Start at Trent Bridge

There does seem to be quite a lot of confusion about the semi-finals as in some places I have seen it the other way round but what I have posted above seems the most logical.

Surrey win by 5 wickets- David scored 102 off 73 balls, Smith 69 not out

Mick 16-08-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15946350)
Surrey win by 5 wickets- David scored 102 off 73 balls, Smith 69 not out

Yep. went yesterday. Would have been a lot easier, but for a record 8th wicket stand by Glous, and a couple of needless run-outs in the Surrey innings. Still made for a more interesting game, David obviously the stand out performer, but Smith played a really mature skipper's innings.

Homburg 16-08-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15946350)
Surrey win by 5 wickets- David scored 102 off 73 balls, Smith 69 not out

Why is there still no report on the BBC about this match. Only the Test (great) and all the 100 crap!

ANDYEAGLE 16-08-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homburg (Post 15946809)
Why is there still no report on the BBC about this match. Only the Test (great) and all the 100 crap!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58215292

Could not get there yesterday but watched a stream the same time as the test match. David has been brilliant for Surrey and sure to get a deal next year if he want's one. Problem is he will get put straight in the 100.
Disappointing crowd but I suppose it was short notice.

ANDYEAGLE 16-08-2021 10:02 AM

Odds for Durham game evens Durham 4/5 Surrey. Not sure Surrey should be favourites. Will be a tough game up there.

Olympian2 16-08-2021 06:24 PM

Blimey, good win today for Glamorgan, to put them into Thursday’s final.

HOVE EAGLE 16-08-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15948332)
Blimey, good win today for Glamorgan, to put them into Thursday’s final.

I was there they battered Essex so if they get either Durham or Surrey it will be a great final
All tickets £10 at Trent bridge so if Surrey get there I expect a good turnout😀

Olympian2 16-08-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE (Post 15948344)
I was there they battered Essex so if they get either Durham or Surrey it will be a great final
All tickets £10 at Trent bridge so if Surrey get there I expect a good turnout😀

Yeah, can’t decide whether I want Surrey to win or not on Tuesday. Would like to go to Trent Bridge but I’ve kinda committed to a family day out on Thursday…

Maiden Eagle 17-08-2021 06:37 PM

Oh well, that's the end of Surrey in the One Day Cup, with Scott Bloody Borthwick, who hardly scored a run, in his time at the Oval, contributing 71 for Durham, today.

It just had to be, didn't it:veryangry

Prince Phillip 17-08-2021 07:05 PM

Well that was a jolly few days:
  • Didn't lay a glove on Chelsea
  • Test match went the pear-est of pear shapes
  • Oval Invincibles proved they really weren't
  • Nice little Royal London Cup run over
Sport, eh? A relief not to have a vested interest until the weekend.

Norwich_Eagle 18-08-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15950812)
Well that was a jolly few days:
  • Didn't lay a glove on Chelsea
  • Test match went the pear-est of pear shapes
  • Oval Invincibles proved they really weren't
  • Nice little Royal London Cup run over
Sport, eh? A relief not to have a vested interest until the weekend.

Feel this big time. Throw in the London Broncos losing again and it has been a testing one lol.

Mike Douglas 18-08-2021 03:56 PM

Stoneman has left Surrey for Middlesex.

ANDYEAGLE 18-08-2021 04:04 PM

So Surrey offered Stoneman a new contract? Bit surprised at that.

Aki Aki Aki 19-08-2021 01:19 PM

Sad to see the domestic 50 over cup final, once the jewell in the crown, relegated to a mid week event at Trent Bridge. ECB and their schedules/priorities should be so proud of themselves, especially as we are current world cup holders. I guess they are looking forward to England being world 'the Hundred' champions.

Olympian2 19-08-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 15953985)
Sad to see the domestic 50 over cup final, once the jewell in the crown, relegated to a mid week event at Trent Bridge. ECB and their schedules/priorities should be so proud of themselves, especially as we are current world cup holders.

100% this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 15953985)
I guess they are looking forward to England being world 'the Hundred' champions.

Yep, I’m amazed the ECB haven’t hastily chucked in a ‘The Hundred World Cup’ in September. They’ve completely thrown away the chance for England to be double world champs…

Aki Aki Aki 19-08-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15953993)
100% this.



Yep, I’m amazed the ECB haven’t hastily chucked in a ‘The Hundred World Cup’ in September. They’ve completely thrown away the chance for England to be double world champs…

They are a rotten bunch.

Catford Eagle 19-08-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Douglas (Post 15952437)
Stoneman has left Surrey for Middlesex.

Wanted to move back up North apparently. His on days were way too few and far between.

Chiller 19-08-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catford Eagle (Post 15954170)
Wanted to move back up North apparently. His on days were way too few and far between.

Bit like Dowie then

RobertCPFC 19-08-2021 04:48 PM

Glamorgan have scored 296-9.

I remember going to the final in 2008 and my Mum going to a lot of trouble to get us both tickets because the demand was so high. It feels a long way from that today. It is meant to be the only time it takes place during the week and should be on a Saturday next year.

If you don't have sky but want to watch the run chase it is on the ECB website. The coverage is free but you have to sign in/register.

Olympian2 19-08-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15952452)
So Surrey offered Stoneman a new contract? Bit surprised at that.

Apparently Surrey offered him 1 yr but Middx offered 3. Bit of a no-brainer…


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.