CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

Olympian2 20-12-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16160669)
Says everything when 175-7 is seen as ‘digging in’

Spoiler alert! I'm watching it live & we're 173-7....

art malice 20-12-2021 08:12 AM

So weird the ground’s virtually empty

Worksop Palace 20-12-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16160671)
Spoiler alert! I'm watching it live & we're 173-7....

:D

I was just rounding up. Even England can get two more runs before they lose 3 more wickets……. Surely….

East-End Eagle 20-12-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16160672)
So weird the ground’s virtually empty

Day 5 crowds in Australia are never great.

crystaljim 20-12-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East-End Eagle (Post 16160674)
Day 5 crowds in Australia are never great.

It's also the Monday before Christmas. Holidays start for most people with kids Christmas eve.

crystaljim 20-12-2021 08:51 AM

If its any consolation, we don't have a good track record recently at bowling teams out on the 5th day.

Worksop Palace 20-12-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16160698)
If its any consolation, we don't have a good track record recently at bowling teams out on the 5th day.

You won’t have much issue with that today :D

laboxers 20-12-2021 08:54 AM

Anyone know what time can they play until tonight?

Worksop Palace 20-12-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboxers (Post 16160703)
Anyone know what time can they play until tonight?

Not sure. But they are unlikely to need to claim the extra half hour

Tomo 20-12-2021 08:57 AM

Butlers earned the right to hit out and chase the win now.

davech 20-12-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16160698)
If its any consolation, we don't have a good track record recently at bowling teams out on the 5th day.

:D. Thanks for the optimism Jim, but the fat lady is clearing her throat.....

Olympian2 20-12-2021 09:10 AM

Steve Finn : England have shown a lot of bottle. The batters have negotiated what's thrown at them, breaking it down into smaller bitesize pieces. Australia expected England to just roll over and they haven't. The dressing room language will always be about going out and breaking a record or doing something special.

We're 180 for ******* 8, not 220-1.........

Jordan's Jacket 20-12-2021 09:23 AM

He is desperately scratching around for positives where there are none.

Worksop Palace 20-12-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16160722)
Steve Finn : England have shown a lot of bottle. The batters have negotiated what's thrown at them, breaking it down into smaller bitesize pieces. Australia expected England to just roll over and they haven't. The dressing room language will always be about going out and breaking a record or doing something special.

We're 180 for ******* 8, not 220-1.........

Absolutely.

Pathetic. What a low point we’ve reached when 180-8 is seen as a good performance.

Tragic

Prince Phillip 20-12-2021 09:24 AM

Today just makes it all the more frustrating and irritating. First or Second innings, two or three more partnerships of an hour or so and the draw was easily achievable. England just can't bat when the pressure's on. The problems are all between their ears.

davech 20-12-2021 09:25 AM

At least we finally seeing a test inninigs worthy of the situation from Buttler. Perhaps he can bat a bit.

stevek 20-12-2021 09:26 AM

What a way to get out.

Jordan's Jacket 20-12-2021 09:29 AM

Indeed, still not a test batsman and definitely not a wicket keeper

Tomo 20-12-2021 09:29 AM

Sums up our series.

Not even playing a shot, but setting off for a run.

Stockport_Eagle 20-12-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16160739)
Today just makes it all the more frustrating and irritating. First or Second innings, two or three more partnerships of an hour or so and the draw was easily achievable. England just can't bat when the pressure's on. The problems are all between their ears.

Agree. And I think this is a general problem with a lot of English / British / UK sportspeople.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.