Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-09-2021, 10:22 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
The boffins that design toasters need to go to their local supermarket and buy a few loaves of bread from popular brands to get the measurements
The boffins that design toasters probably do that to be fair, but the Chinese etc don't have quite the same penchant for Mother's Pride sized loaves
Old 16-09-2021, 01:58 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Sorry for another American bashing one but it’s probably a minority: some people pronounce why and when like h-why and h-wen. It’s not at all subtle and sounds like an attempt to sound intellectual
Old 16-09-2021, 02:02 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Sounds fine if you’re Irish but doesn’t work with the various American accents imo
Old 16-09-2021, 03:55 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Having to deal with people at work that act like children
Old 16-09-2021, 05:06 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Having to deal with incompetent management at work. Managers who got where they are through crawling. Managers who've never had quality training, and really don't get what it means to be Managers. Glory hunters who get rich off other peoples efforts.

In my life I've had very few good managers. My current bos is probably the best ever.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 16-09-2021, 05:19 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
My toaster, for two reasons...

1. A slice of bread doesn't fit in. Who designed and tested this? Surely a basic requirement for a toaster

2. It has a toasting setting from 1-7. 1 is lighted toasted, 2 is fully toasted and everything a fraction above 2 is cremated.

And I thought it was just my fecking one.

Morphy Richards by chance?

Last edited by Fatboy; 16-09-2021 at 05:22 PM.
Old 16-09-2021, 05:19 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Firefox (again). About 6 months ago after an update all the background for drop down menus went black with white lettering.... I hated it, but after 6 month I'd got used to it.

Yesterday I let it do another update and low and behold the drop down menus have gone back to black letters on a white background.

Now I hate this and want to go back to white on black. Searched the settings inside out (as I did before) and can't find a way to change this.

Why can't these people leave stuff alone FFS!
Old 16-09-2021, 05:28 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
So you come here
Old 16-09-2021, 05:30 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I think the toaster stuff should have a thread of its own, it feels like an old school BBS subject
Old 16-09-2021, 05:34 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

I see old town Eagle on here, did you ever go to the old town boys club above the fire station?

Few weddings there as well.
Old 16-09-2021, 09:34 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
My toaster, for two reasons...

1. A slice of bread doesn't fit in. Who designed and tested this? Surely a basic requirement for a toaster

2. It has a toasting setting from 1-7. 1 is lighted toasted, 2 is fully toasted and everything a fraction above 2 is cremated.
Yours as well? Even crumpets only require No.4.

And why don't they do a compartment that can take 2 slices + filling so I can do my Cheese and Onion toastie?
Old 16-09-2021, 10:23 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post

And why don't they do a compartment that can take 2 slices + filling so I can do my Cheese and Onion toastie?
They do but they’re a bit bigger and the other way round. Otherwise everything would fall out due to, err, gravity

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I find they’re not big enough for crumpets and they get stuck when toasting so when late in the morning there is a choice; risk death by using a knife to prod them out or be late? Modern tech solved that one too (turning off the plug also works but weirdly seems more effort than using a tool).

Last edited by Hpalace; 16-09-2021 at 10:27 PM.
Old 16-09-2021, 10:35 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
They do but they’re a bit bigger and the other way round. Otherwise everything would fall out due to, err, gravity

I find they’re not big enough for crumpets and they get stuck when toasting so when late in the morning there is a choice; risk death by using a knife to prod them out or be late? Modern tech solved that one too (turning off the plug also works).

Had a few of those sandwich makers. They are useless. Most only take small loaf size anyway. I meant ones like the sandwich bars have where you lower the sandwich clamped in a wire frame into the toaster. Make great toasties. I want one of those.

Crumpets are fine in my DeLonghi, though.
Old 17-09-2021, 02:38 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Yep that's really irritating, I do this half way toast so number 1 on the burn scale and turn the toast around when it pops up as the bottom half of the toaster is emitting more heat than the top, still not evenly toasted. Might go old school and use the grill!
The dilemma before leaving the house. Will a number 1 suffice or better to wait for a number 2.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 17-09-2021, 03:57 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Those conveyor belt toasters in hotels are useless too. Minimum of 2 times through whilst everyone queues up behind you, tutting about the smoke after you misjudge the need for a third run
Old 17-09-2021, 04:28 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Much maligning of toasters, but has anyone considered the other item in the equation? The bread. Bread with a high water content- the more soft and pliable the higher the water content. This bread will always take longer to toast than a drier bread (or an older soft and pliable slice). Different grains too will toast at different rates.
Another factor is are you using the toaster from cold or has a couple of slices popped out recently? This alone can result in a woefully under toasted slice or equally a burnt husk.
Old 17-09-2021, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Much maligning of toasters, but has anyone considered the other item in the equation? The bread. Bread with a high water content- the more soft and pliable the higher the water content. This bread will always take longer to toast than a drier bread (or an older soft and pliable slice). Different grains too will toast at different rates.
Another factor is are you using the toaster from cold or has a couple of slices popped out recently? This alone can result in a woefully under toasted slice or equally a burnt husk.
I think you are misjudging the underlying sentiment here with your multiple variables and due consideration.

We all just want our toast and eat it. That we can't is someone else's fault, irrespective of our own input.
Old 17-09-2021, 05:20 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Those conveyor belt toasters in hotels are useless too. Minimum of 2 times through whilst everyone queues up behind you, tutting about the smoke after you misjudge the need for a third run
That's only because some idiot has changed the speed of the conveyor.
Old 17-09-2021, 05:23 AM
Crisp Tasting Supervisor

JamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJamesV : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post

Our Dualit toaster makes toasted sandwiches vertically. It comes with a cage to put the unmade sandwich in so the filling doesn’t fall out - but doesn’t work well with baked beans.
Old 17-09-2021, 05:30 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
My toaster is fine.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.