Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-08-2002, 10:13 PM
Sir Paul The Great

palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
did u enjoy open day

did u enjoy the open day 2day?
i fought it woz excellent
i got loads of autographs on me shirt and those lil card fings
let me no wot u fink
Old 04-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Thinking...

Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa
I cant understand a word you posted.
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Took me ages to get home as the traffic on the M25 was terrible, but it was worth it. Theplayers seemed happy and I got some bargains. The complete last season home kit for my son for £5, and a free poster with Bruce still as boss, some something to thrown darts at too.
DOG AND BULL EAGLE

telegraph eagle is playing for a contract
the open day wasnt anything special the sound system was the poorest its ever been and the turnout of people wasnt great maybe it will be better next year?
Old 04-08-2002, 10:26 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by telegraph eagle
the open day wasnt anything special the sound system was the poorest its ever been and the turnout of people wasnt great maybe it will be better next year?
As a Premier club, I'm sure it will be.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by trufan

Writing lingerie puns.
Wapping undies? Just like our grannies wore
Old 04-08-2002, 10:28 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought the day went well.

SJ was not there but had done a pre-recorded interview with Terry Byfield for the big screen. First point said that it was Clinton who wanted to leave to play in the Premiership etc. - he did not have to sell him! After this the deluge of rain got into the electrics of the big screen and turned it off so we didn't get to hear anymore.

Butterfield, Johnson, Aki, and Doug all came across well.

Had a most bizarre experience, wandered into a little room next to the home dressing room and there was TF all by himself signing a whole box of pictures of himself. I wandered in and just sat down and had a chat - he came across very well and talked about Powell and Adebola - also asking how busy the Open Day was compared to prior years - seemed a bit nervous about going on stage later. Was pleased that I wished him the best of luck for the season.

On stage TF came across confidently. His basic point was that a team needs pace and power to get out of the division - thus the signigs so far. He says Powell is 6ft 3 and very quick - he says we needed more height from set pieces. Popovic came back from hoilday heavier but with less body fat because he had been working out all the time.

Gray has not been making as much progress as they hoped and they are sending him to Lilleshall for a week's intensive 1 to 1 training. TF also went to Wigan v PNE yesterday to see our opening opponents. Has bought house and whole family moving in this week. Also said tht 19 players had left the club since he came on board - no enquiries for Deano but lots for Berhalter.

Looking to play all new signings tomorrow.

Overall he came across well and got a good reception - if only all the fans would get behind him (or at least not barrack him from the off) then we might get places. He sees the play-offs as a realistic target, and also praised the Palace away support as being particularly impressive!
Old 04-08-2002, 10:34 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy

Wapping undies?
Damn. Forgot that one!
Old 04-08-2002, 10:38 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
ai dit ent goh
Old 04-08-2002, 10:48 PM

Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Noodles 42 will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
ai dit ent goh
Old 04-08-2002, 11:00 PM
The fat old footballer

palace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought it was smart. It was my first time and to see all the bits I've never seen was great.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:19 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I took my five year-old, who isn't really very clued up on football yet, and we had a great time.

He really enjoyed getting the players' autographs, had his picture taken with Hayden and Tony Popovic as well as Pete the Eagle and the Zenith Cup. He also got a special handshake from Dougie. It was a bit unlucky that when Dougie started a signing session the heavens opened – they could have done with a marquee or something to cover up in case of bad weather. But overall, we enjoyed it thoroughly, so thanks to everyone at the club who contributed to it.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:24 PM
I am a HAL 9000 computer

screamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minescreamingalice : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Considering the weather and two home matches either side (not normal) it was a very good day well done all those who put it together.

"The 9000-series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000-computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definitions of the words, foolproof and incapable of error."

In memory of Arthur C Clarke 1917 - 2008 the most visionary and versatile thinker of the last 100 years.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:27 PM
On the road.

ROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyes
Did anyone go to the training ground???

It was fairly quiet.

But awesome fun for the younger ones. Dobbo was teaching them tricks.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:32 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Girl

sexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was there from nine.....got home at 5!!

Though it was a good day apart from the weather! I think it worked that the players were there all day wandering around with their Player Autograph cards! Earning their money!!

Back there tomorrow for Charlton!

Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Old 04-08-2002, 11:35 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Some Photos have been added to the gallery pages

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-08-2002, 11:36 PM

as216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
I reckon the club put a bit more effort into it than last year and the choice of Tom Watt to carry out the interviews on the pitch was a good one - much improved on last years amateur effort. Shame the Old Stand speakers weren't up to the job (though the screaming kids sat behind me kicking my seat didn't help).

Having all the players dotted around the ground signing was a good idea, giving everyone the chance to meet all the players (except me, who bumped into Aki every five minutes but only got a glance of Dougie before a steward rushed him away for his lunch).

Did anyone on here take advantage of the coach trip to the training ground? Though I didn't go myself, I thought it put an extra element into the day and was a good novel idea.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:27 AM

Hang The DJ is playing for a contract
My God I make that 15 successive positive posts in a row. Has to be an all time record on here.........and at least 5 mentioned good things about TF. Has the world gone mad?
Old 05-08-2002, 12:52 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
I thought the open day was ok today. the players spread out all over the place was a great idea- gave me the chance of having a chat with a few players virtually one on one.

Andy Johnson told me palace was better than birmingham (not hard tho is it!).
I made hayden promise he was not leaving, and that he would play more consistantly and score some goals like he used to.
Dougie was very friendly, struck me as a very nice bloke, even tho all the kids were hassling him he took his time with everyone, and i got my photo with him too! (i'm just a big kid really!)
Aki again was a very nice fella.
i could go on....

The autograph cards they gave out were a very smart idea (pictures of the player, space for the player to autograph, and a few player facts) who ever thought of them should get a pat on the back!

The only down sides to the day were:-
that theyd sold out of xl sizes of the new home kit ( i worked all day yesterday so i could treat myself to one!!! ) Not all bad tho because i got the 3rd choise black kit instead- very sexy & the materials so much better than last years.
Just as we'd decided to take the bus to the training ground the heavens opened and it p**sed down. so we thought stuff this & went home!
Old 05-08-2002, 02:22 AM
tall one in the crowd

Paicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againPaicey lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Unfortunatly my dad broke a promiss and as his stuck up gf had her family round I counldt make it today, its the first one i've missed in 5 or 6 years and only one other that i couldnt go to!

I have been looking forward to it for weeks but no.

Thanx anyway for the account of it, shame i count get there