Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-03-2022, 10:43 AM

Palace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Arsenal (H) 04/04/22

A bit early, but Im desperate to see what GF has to say!

Barring no injuries, assuming all injuries are back, Id be starting the same team, with Vicente back in.

Guaita
Clyne - Andersen - Guehi - Mitchell
Kouyate
Gallagher - Eze
Olise - Mateta - Zaha

Butland, Ward, Tomkins, Milivojevic, McArthur, Schlupp, Ayew, Edouard, Benteke
Old 22-03-2022, 04:10 PM

glaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
A bit early, but I’m desperate to see what GF has to say!

Barring no injuries, assuming all injuries are back, I’d be starting the same team, with Vicente back in.

Guaita
Kouyate
Gallagher - Eze
Olise - Mateta - Zaha

I won’t disappoint you! How can it be anything else? Even if stalwarts like Ward and McArthur were fully fit I wouldn’t pick them. This will be a very tough fixture. Arsenal are rock solid under Arteta and deserve to be in 4th place. But, to me, our identity during our greatest period of early 90s was always about attacking football, spirit and giving it a go. Vieira is not a defensive manager, his subs in the early games proves it. That’s why I was so disappointed that it took him so long to give Eze a start in midfield. But let’s not look back, let’s look forwards.

I really hope that Eze is given a chance to make that midfield shirt his own. I’d rather lose and give it a go with Eze than draw 0-0 with a defensive mid in there instead. And the reason is because I believe that Eze holds the key to our future. In the long run we will benefit from his experience and he can be our fulcrum. If he listens to Pat he can and will control games from there for us, not just win us the odd one. In time, he will be our most influential player.

Other than possibly Ferguson (who is currently injured) that is the best XI available to the manager this season. It’s attacking, but it is beautifully balanced - there is enough defensive ability and workrate too. Let’s see it. COYP.

Last edited by glaziers fan; 22-03-2022 at 04:12 PM.
Old 22-03-2022, 06:09 PM

glaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was interesting reading that Vieira thought, when he took the job, that Olise, Zaha and Eze could all play in the same team. If he’s going to continue with 4-3-3 and Mateta up front, which he should, this is the only way to fit them all in.

I don’t want to overstate the point, although I do appear to be very fond of doing just that, but I think Eze in midfield - just one player - transforms the entire side and makes it work. Why it’s taken 5 months I don’t know but at least Vieira finally got it right.
Old 22-03-2022, 10:07 PM

Palace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I agree with this all. If rumours of Olise having this nasty release clause is true, then I’d love to see all 3 have a run of games together so we can enjoy all of them.
Old 22-03-2022, 10:15 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
It was interesting reading that Vieira thought, when he took the job, that Olise, Zaha and Eze could all play in the same team. If hes going to continue with 4-3-3 and Mateta up front, which he should, this is the only way to fit them all in.

I dont want to overstate the point, although I do appear to be very fond of doing just that, but I think Eze in midfield - just one player - transforms the entire side and makes it work. Why its taken 5 months I dont know but at least Vieira finally got it right.
It has taken 5 months because Eze has come back from a terrible injury and needed a long rehabilitation with gentle easing into the side to play in a new role with new responsibilities. Vieira has done it the right way.
Old 22-03-2022, 10:31 PM

Supersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guaita

Clyne Guehi Andersen Mitchell

Kouyate Gallagher Hughes

Olise Mateta Zaha

Butland, Ward, Kelly, Luka, Mcarthur, Schlupp, Eze, Ayew, Edouard
Old 22-03-2022, 10:43 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think Schluppy will and should get his place back, but who knows? It’s in two weeks time.
Eze has lots of ways to get in the team as sub or starting - he can replace Gallagher, Zaha, Olise or Schlupp. All these players are going to get plenty of game time.
We couldn’t really be in a better situation as far as those flair player positions are concerned.
Old 22-03-2022, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I think Schluppy will and should get his place back, but who knows? It’s in two weeks time.
Eze has lots of ways to get in the team as sub or starting - he can replace Gallagher, Zaha, Olise or Schlupp. All these players are going to get plenty of game time.
We couldn’t really be in a better situation as far as those flair player positions are concerned.
You sound like one of the Puncheon apologists, when he’d completely lost the plot but was backed for what he’d done previously. That performance from Eze was an epoch-making change. (Schlupp has improved, but even Roy knew quite quickly to drop Jeff and put Eze in.)

Last edited by glaziers fan; 24-03-2022 at 04:38 AM.
Old 22-03-2022, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
It has taken 5 months because Eze has come back from a terrible injury and needed a long rehabilitation with gentle easing into the side to play in a new role with new responsibilities. Vieira has done it the right way.
Even though his minutes and starts were going down before the Everton game. Would you like to see Eze in this game or not?
Old 23-03-2022, 01:41 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
You sound like one of the Puncheon apologists, when hed completely lost the plot but was backed for what hed done previously. That performance from Eze was an epoch changing moment. (Schlupp has improved, but even Roy knew quite quickly to drop Jeff and put Eze in.)
Don't ever change.
Old 23-03-2022, 03:19 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Even though his minutes and starts were going down before the Everton game. Would you like to see Eze in this game or not?
I would start Eze, yes. I think this is our best team now.
Old 23-03-2022, 03:22 PM

My main issue GF is that I disagree about Vieira. I think he has brought him back at the right pace, and that will now bear fruit.
Old 23-03-2022, 03:47 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
This! GF clearly not able to understand it though.
Old 23-03-2022, 04:48 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is difficult to ‘argue’ over the OP’s and GF’s view about our best X1.
However and much credit to Ayew and Shluppy that they are not prepared to give up their position lightly and a drop by Olisse and Eze and both know they will be replaced.
Although I always harboured thoughts that JP would come good I’m hoping it’s the wake up call required of Edourde and that he establishes himself as starter because I think he will offer more……….but needs to get used to the physical side of the premier league.
P.s another 9 months and hope we’re be having same discussion about Tayo v Mitch.
Old 23-03-2022, 04:53 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
I would anticipate Schlupp returning in place of Eze for Arsenal

After all the only reason he didn't start was suspension
Old 24-03-2022, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
This! GF clearly not able to understand it though.

You’re right, I don’t understand. Eze was fit to play back in October, and then 5 months later, after his minutes are progressively being reduced (not increased, as would be standard for a player returning from injury) he’s all of a sudden match fit just in time to face Everton!

A more logical explanation is that Vieira didn’t fancy Eze after giving him a few chances, mostly out of position, and he was understandably rusty; he performed poorly, let’s be honest about it. But then Luka flopped, Hughes made a bad mistake gifting a goal, and injuries to Schlupp and McArthur meant giving Eze another chance in a cup game at home against a poor side was a possibility? And finally it was a chance in centre mid and he took it. First start in centre mid and he played well.

It’s not about returning from injury. That would have been if it had happened say 4 months ago, and the minutes were progressively increasing. (Despite his subsequent poor performances out of position, that’s what I would have to liked to see: Eze given the opportunity to increase his minutes and eventually start in centre mid as McArthur’s injury replacement in November or December.) That didn’t happen. Anyway, don’t worry, one of The Athletic lads can write it up as a story and you can all nod your heads in agreement after reading that 1,000 piece. I was only trying to prcis it in advance for you all!
Old 24-03-2022, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
I would anticipate Schlupp returning in place of Eze for Arsenal

After all the only reason he didn't start was suspension
Unfortunately I agree. I worry that Eze is still considerably down the pecking order despite the encouraging performance against Everton. Still, at least it will have silenced the doubters and worriers that Eze wouldnt be able to return to his old self. And hopefully that performance will give him a strong case for starting in place of Gallagher against Chelsea.
Old 24-03-2022, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Don't ever change.
oops, I meant epoch-making change. Anyway, I think people understand the gist of that particular piece of hyperbole!
Old 24-03-2022, 07:12 AM

FMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You sound like one of the Puncheon apologists, when hed completely lost the plot but was backed for what hed done previously. That performance from Eze was an epoch-making change. (Schlupp has improved, but even Roy knew quite quickly to drop Jeff and put Eze in.)
What about the cover Schlupp provides for Mitchell? We were all over the place the first 20 minutes and most of it was coming down our left side. One thing Eze cannot do (at the moment) is tackle well. OK it may have been an epoch making change, but against a very poor Everton clearly tired and dispirited particularly after playing 110 minutes less than 70 hours earlier.
Ease Eze back in . We Will need Schlupp defensively against a very quick Arsenal side.
Old 24-03-2022, 07:42 AM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
A bit early, but Im desperate to see what GF has to say!

Barring no injuries, assuming all injuries are back, Id be starting the same team, with Vicente back in.

Guaita
Kouyate
Gallagher - Eze
Olise - Mateta - Zaha

That's quite some team