Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-06-2022, 01:03 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Oh I see BTC has fallen through that magic $20k floor
I was going to post last night that the price of bitcoin appeared to be holding around the $20,500 level.

Chart wise I couldn't see any real support at this level but I recall someone saying it was near its moving average level. On further investigation it appears they might have been referring to a 4 year simple moving average,

On the chart I found this appeared to be the bottom of each major crash in bitcoin since 2014. Currently the price at $19,300 is about $2k below the moving average.

Apparently Michael Saylor likes this moving average but given he is now $1.5bn down on his bitcoin holding he can't afford to be anything other than positive.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 18-06-2022, 01:07 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Oh I see BTC has fallen through that magic $20k floor
I agree with you on the environmental stuff. Careful not to paint all crypto with the same brush. Blockchain is a technology that could revolutionise a lot what we all use everyday and the viable technologies don't have bitcoins hate for our planet.

Whilst Neil does come across as the chemical Ali of crypto you are looking just as extreme at the other end of rhe scale.

Your hate for crypto comes across as pretty obsessive and the glee you have for many people losing huge sums of cash a little ****ed up. Many have way overstretched in a Manor that is basically idiotic but some of that comes from desperation. They are in a real mess now and while you don't have to sympathise, your tone even if you don't mean it that way is a bit like gloating over others suffering.
Old 18-06-2022, 06:44 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Notice all of the top 10 performing ISA's/Unit Trusts this month are China ones. They are up 9% to 14% in the last month. Only got 2 of those myself but helping a little to balance out my other non China ISA's being beaten up right now
I’m the same. A few of my shares, mainly oil and mining, have been doing well but the rest of my portfolio looks ugly. I’m keeping an eye on trusts that usually do well but are very down right now e.g Fidelity China Special Situations and Scottish Mortgage. I may dip in to them at some stage.
Old 19-06-2022, 09:14 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
It looks like there is no relief in sight.

I’m not sure whether bitcoin trades as a 24/7 market or whether these are future prices but the price dipped to almost $17,500 yesterday evening, bounced back to over $19,000 and is currently $18,300.

That is c$2,000 down on the ‘closing’ price on Friday night.

Old 19-06-2022, 09:41 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Its 24/7. No closing
Old 19-06-2022, 09:41 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Looks like they are traded 24/7.
Old 19-06-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Its 24/7. No closing
So no rest for the wicked

Spread betting account hours run 10pm Sunday to 10pm Friday, which means you can be locked out of a big weekend move.

Old 19-06-2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
So no rest for the wicked

Spread betting account hours run 10pm Sunday to 10pm Friday, which means you can be locked out of a big weekend move.
no time to switch off here! Should buy crypto and shares in pro plus!!
Old 19-06-2022, 02:42 PM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
15,919 at the moment having traded below 15,000

Old 19-06-2022, 03:45 PM

That’s £s though whilst the $ price is nearer 20k. Wonder whether it will turn out like Bre X in 1996-7?
Old 21-06-2022, 08:12 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Have you mentioned the climate damage yet?

For someone who hates it so much your very active on this thread.

Yeah money laundering only occurs in bitcoin.
Yes, because I hate it for all the climate damage and blood money enabling it does duh
Old 23-06-2022, 07:29 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
I'm not sure how these millions of disenfranchised citizens will be able to access crypto unless it is via a traditional banking system. And what are they going to do with it?
Personally, I have mined bitcoin, bought it with cash and gift cards. I have also been paid in bitcoin for work. There are many ways to acquire bitcoin outside the traditional banking system. For those in the world outside the banking system the only obstacle to acquiring bitcoin is to have a reliable phone / internet service.
Old 23-06-2022, 03:02 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Personally, I have mined bitcoin, bought it with cash and gift cards. I have also been paid in bitcoin for work. There are many ways to acquire bitcoin outside the traditional banking system. For those in the world outside the banking system the only obstacle to acquiring bitcoin is to have a reliable phone / internet service.
When you paid in cash, how did you get the pound coins into the phone? Is there an adapter you can buy?
Old 23-06-2022, 03:11 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Anyone else on here catch what is going on in El Salvador.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Am I right/wrong in thinking this is beyond crazy?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.

Last edited by PeterH; 23-06-2022 at 03:13 PM.
Old 23-06-2022, 03:25 PM
Unregistered User

tomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betraytomlig is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Anyone else on here catch what is going on in El Salvador.

Am I right/wrong in thinking this is beyond crazy?
Hadn't seen this, maybe they can guarantee the value of it internally by constantly trading? I guess they have to pursue the gamble now! Only way out...

Seems beyond rindonkulas to me
Old 23-06-2022, 03:35 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Try and catch that small news doc.

I wonder what the thinking is behind building a massive geo thermal plant on a potentially active volcano. What could possibly go wrong there.

One point people are saying is that 'how can people trying to earn $3 dollars a day to buy food find money to join the nation's bitcoin revolution plan.' And 'should the President be using public money to invest in this rather than other infrastructure projects'. They have massive debts coming up that need paying very soon.

Another aspect is that they have recently done a wholesale sweep of criminal gangs in the country and locked them all up. Thousands of people, i think.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 23-06-2022, 08:24 PM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
When you paid in cash, how did you get the pound coins into the phone? Is there an adapter you can buy?
I went to Poundland. (Btw not a joke)
Old 24-06-2022, 07:47 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Lol Friskey wrote me quite a vile neg rep comment over my views on crypto, that I'm bitter because I'm broke or something.

No Friskey, I own a house and have a pension pot and lots of shares in various actual companies which pay regular dividends on 5%+ yields, or are long term growth companies in tech, or are startups due to break out. I just can't put my money into vacant pump and dump scheme which is used by criminals, banana republics and autocratic regimes, and is also a huge contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.

The bloke must be an idiot. Maybe he handed cash over to Russ.
Old 24-06-2022, 08:57 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
you can mine bitcoin on a phone? Where do i start digging?
Old 24-06-2022, 10:13 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

If you have software to do it yes, but it wouldn't be worth it even if someone was dumb enough to bother to write the software for such a thing (I've no doubts that this has happened though). For mining, graphics cards are used because the GPU chip performs parallel processing on hundreds of cores, the CPU only has 4/8 cores presently at best. It's horses for courses inside the PC. Your phone has a shitty little CPU. Miner demands have pushed up the costs of graphics cards considerably as a result, the absolute scumbags.