Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-06-2022, 10:01 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The best ones were always Adidas 1983 sash and the 1997 ones

Not sure we would get them these days
Old 23-06-2022, 11:28 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
The people you claim to be yours with 'we' decided to go with Macron. So who is we?
We being the collective. The club. Crystal Palace FC. Don’t you think that we’re a lot more brand conscious these days? Even down to the type of players and brand of football we try to play under our impossibly cool manager. It’s young, it’s cool. We’re a lot more on point in most areas than we were a few years ago. Ya feel me?
Old 23-06-2022, 11:29 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post

Not sure why this is though. They do some shitters in the championship and League 2. I’ve heard people say it is because we knocked them back in the day. But there’s a lot of water under the bridge since then.
Old 24-06-2022, 05:50 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I feel sure the vast majority of us, whether on the BBS or not, will not really give a shit as long as the kits look decent.
^ agree.

As for the whole thing about people "following the label" - I'd say that doesn't really apply so much to football kits. Kids - and some adults, obviously - want to wear their team's shirt, whoever it's made by (within reason - I mean no-one would want / choose to wear a Tesco bag, would they? The club badge on the shirt trumps the other label on it.
Old 24-06-2022, 10:53 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post

1987/1988 Home was a beauty and the first proper shirt I bought. Admiral obviously not Adidas.
Old 24-06-2022, 11:11 AM

Sash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSash City Rocker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
1987/1988 Home was a beauty and the first proper shirt I bought. Admiral obviously not Adidas.
Admiral did some good kits, did Englands for a time, then seemed to lose their way a bit
Old 24-06-2022, 11:32 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
Yes, I still have it even though it is a child’s size. My wife used it as a night shirt for our 7yr old daughter the other week. I wasn’t best pleased at first but looking at it again, it still looked amazing.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 24-06-2022, 12:10 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yes, I still have it even though it is a child’s size. My wife used it as a night shirt for our 7yr old daughter the other week. I wasn’t best pleased at first but looking at it again, it still looked amazing.
I was 14yo when I bought mine, it still fits and I wore it to the playoff final and 2016 cup final. It's a little more of a snug fit, but it's still in great nick, unlike me!
Old 24-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Some of you have amazing memories.
Iirc, that was a pretty good season, with some classic victories. Did we stuff Plymouth and Hull?
Old 24-06-2022, 12:50 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Some of you have amazing memories.
Iirc, that was a pretty good season, with some classic victories. Did we stuff Plymouth and Hull?
Hull was the season before, 5-1, Tony Finnegan scored two including one on the counter where he ran with it from the halfway line. And their player manager Brian Horton got sent off after moaning at the ref all game - the ref finally lost patience and took great delight in brandishing his red card with a flourish.

A favourite little memory of mine, that game. But it was in the Hummel sash.
Old 24-06-2022, 12:54 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
As a plug, I’ll be starting a match by match thread on that 87/88 season come August in Memory Lane, with reports and pictures of all the games, plus everyone’s memories thrown in of course.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 24-06-2022, 12:56 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hull was the season before, 5-1, Tony Finnegan scored two including one on the counter where he ran with it from the halfway line. And their player manager Brian Horton got sent off after moaning at the ref all game - the ref finally lost patience and took great delight in brandishing his red card with a flourish.

A favourite little memory of mine, that game. But it was in the Hummel sash.
Yeah, I loved that game. Finn played a blinder.
The Plymouth game was the following season, and I met Michael Foot on his way home, after it. Nice man, and I held back, more or less, on the crowing.
Old 24-06-2022, 01:09 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah, I loved that game. Finn played a blinder.

The Plymouth game was the following season, and I met Michael Foot on his way home, after it. Nice man, and I held back, more or less, on the crowing.
Yes I remember that big win at Plymouth, around Easter as I recall. We had some high scoring games around that time, remember a couple of thrillers at Blackburn and WBA too (both of which we lost).
Old 24-06-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
As a plug, I’ll be starting a match by match thread on that 87/88 season come August in Memory Lane, with reports and pictures of all the games, plus everyone’s memories thrown in of course.
Sorry...didn't see this until after posting my spoilers a minute ago! Will shut up now but really looking forward to the thread, loved last year's one again.
Old 24-06-2022, 01:39 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Leicester 4-4 was another classic.
Old 24-06-2022, 01:39 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

OOOOPSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-06-2022, 02:30 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
And their player manager Brian Horton got sent off after moaning at the ref all game - the ref finally lost patience and took great delight in brandishing his red card with a flourish.
Brian Horton was a horrible player especially in his Brighton days
Old 24-06-2022, 02:30 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Leicester 4-4 was another classic.
George Wood MOM
Old 24-06-2022, 02:34 PM
A Most Excellent Member..

Basingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBasingstoke Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
George Wood MOM
For Leicester ! Classic game though.
Old 24-06-2022, 02:42 PM

CPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betrayCPFC247 is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basingstoke Eagle View Post
For Leicester ! Classic game though.
The nail in a long overdue coffin!
He cost us a lot of points.