Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 19-06-2022, 10:51 AM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
We were dire the whole season. It was character building.
Does explain my excess of cynicism & bleak outlook on life!

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 23-06-2022, 11:40 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Kennedys problem was that he was a winger who wanted to play central midfield and Peter Taylor let him
He was an unfit disgrace. Sure I remember sitting in the holmesdale and he won't take a corner because it would involve running to the corner. I might be imaging it, but I hated must of that team. A depressing time.

Jeff Huges as well. Worst player I have ever ever seen in Red and Blue.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 24-06-2022, 09:41 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I remember going to Birmingham away early in that season. Kennedy had done pretty well in the first couple of games, including his corner delivery. We got a corner late in the game and he didn't take it - it was Adrenalin John who pointed out that it was because he was too knackered.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 24-06-2022, 10:33 AM

Sydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Kevin Mabbutt scored the second best* headed goal I've ever seen with my own eyes, home to Shrewsbury in a midweek game which we won 2-1. Ball played out from the back to the left wing, ball slung over first time cross by Gary Williams, KM glancing header over the keeper.

* the best being Chris Armstrong's stupendous header in the 5-1 win against Portsmouth.
The Benteke header at Everton in his first season was a superb goal- back in the days when we thought we had a top player on our hands!
Old 24-06-2022, 10:54 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
The Benteke header at Everton in his first season was a superb goal- back in the days when we thought we had a top player on our hands!
Off topic, but Benteke had a few good headed goals early on, Boro & Sunderland away as well. Even Hull at home later on. Then he fell off a cliff formwise

Did Shakespeare forsee our new PM? “he's a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise-breaker, the owner of no one good quality"
Old 25-06-2022, 10:42 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I remember going to Birmingham away early in that season. Kennedy had done pretty well in the first couple of games, including his corner delivery. We got a corner late in the game and he didn't take it - it was Adrenalin John who pointed out that it was because he was too knackered.
Ah so I was remembering it correctly. I didn't go to away games often so it must've happened more than once.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 25-06-2022, 11:07 AM

November85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Glenn Pennyfather. I remember people groaning when his name was read out on the team sheet - a role that was later passed on to Alan Pardew. Did they ever start a game together? I dread to imagine it.
Old 25-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by November85 View Post
Glenn Pennyfather. I remember people groaning when his name was read out on the team sheet - a role that was later passed on to Alan Pardew. Did they ever start a game together? I dread to imagine it.
Pretty sure they did. Remember Glenn's only goal, away at Leicester (New Year's Day?) in that crazy 4-4 draw. Think it was a scissors-kick volley!

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 25-06-2022, 11:20 AM

vincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevincentinbetwee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Remember pointing out to a mate that he looked done in after about the 10th minute, was properly gasping when he went out to take a corner!