Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-06-2021, 06:17 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
If you like your virus/zombie type film, Infected isn't bad.

It is a lot like 28 days later, and set down in Sussex or Kent by the looks of it.

Limited budget - the director is the principal lead.

I got it from a dodgy . so not sure whether it's Netflix or Prime.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:14 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
The Father was excellent. My Mum's had dementia for a long time so it was a bit painful, but glad I watched it. I tend to watch feel good movies because that is usually the point but when I make the effort to watch something more serious its a lot more satisfying. Must do more. 9/10.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:46 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
The Father was excellent. My Mum's had dementia for a long time so it was a bit painful, but glad I watched it. I tend to watch feel good movies because that is usually the point but when I make the effort to watch something more serious its a lot more satisfying. Must do more. 9/10.
Totally agree Shoreditch, my Mum is the same and some scenes really hit hard. Very emotional and a wonderful performance by Anthony Hopkins.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:52 AM

Danny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is here
A Fish called Wanda.

Some brilliant acting and timing. Doesnít age.

8/10.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:52 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
The Secret Of Marrowbone (2017)
Despite some plot issues a moving and pretty creepy mix of drama and supernatural, with a fine young cast including George MacKay & Anya Taylor-Joy. 7/10
Old 06-06-2021, 10:28 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Mystic River,watched for the second time.Awesome acting performances and emotion,very gripping 9/10
I just watched it. Great cast but I thought it was pretty obvious who did it early on and I don't mind bleak if there are some uplifting moments, but I didn't find any. Still good, but not that good. 6.5/10.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:30 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Spiral. A follow on from the saw franchise. I guessed the ending. Load of bollocks 3/10
Old 07-06-2021, 08:19 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryIndoors View Post
I heard a really bad review of this on the radio the other day, so good to see itís got some redemption! What age range is it pitched at?
It's probably better suited at an older (mid teens on) audience
Old 07-06-2021, 07:21 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Rev (netfix) car heist, boy and girl, bad guys and cops. If you wanted to make a film with all the standard tropes this is it. Nothing to hate but nothing to love either. Lots of shit dialogue and a few guns. 5/10 wasted some time I suppose

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 08-06-2021, 08:45 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Finally watched The Lost Boys whilst on my treadmill this morning, 36 years after the event and 15 years since I bought it on DVD.

80s-ness galore! 80s hair. 80s soundtrack.

And who knew that twist about vampires keeping their powers hidden if you invite them in your house!? I'll bear that in mind.

Bit of fun and glad I finally got round to watching it. 6.5/10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 08-06-2021, 09:00 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Finally watched The Lost Boys whilst on my treadmill this morning, 36 years after the event and 15 years since I bought it on DVD.

And who knew that twist about vampires keeping their powers hidden if you invite them in your house!? I'll bear that in mind.

Excellent film. Must pop it in the DVD again and re-live the days I had hair

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 08-06-2021, 09:18 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post

In my top 10 of all time .... yep, seriously
Old 08-06-2021, 09:26 AM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Woman in the Window (2021)

Based on a novel, quite a good thriller, and some good performances. Not going to say anymore than that 7.4/10
Old 08-06-2021, 10:24 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse Amazon Prime

It’s largely nonsense but a lot of fun. Not Shaun of the Dead territory but a worthy effort.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:22 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
A man called Ove

Swedish film about a grumpy old widower in a housing complex. Sounds a bit boring but I really enjoyed it

Thanks those who recommended it
Old 10-06-2021, 12:07 PM

Danny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is here
Midnight in Paris.

Watched it - but probably one for the girls.

Marion Cotillard Is a great Actress.

7.5/10.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:19 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Sunset Boulevard (1950)
A classic noir melodrama with excellent performances from an enjoyably over the top Gloria Swanson, William Holden, Erich Von Stroheim & Nancy Olson. Holden’s narration is great as is the script covering Hollywood behind the scenes. 8/10
Old 11-06-2021, 05:03 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Sunset Boulevard (1950)
A classic noir melodrama with excellent performances from an enjoyably over the top Gloria Swanson, William Holden, Erich Von Stroheim & Nancy Olson. Holdenís narration is great as is the script covering Hollywood behind the scenes. 8/10
Where are you watching all these old movies? Iíd love to find a decent streaming service with such a back catalogue.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:09 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Coherence (2013)
Starts off as a dramatic ensemble piece, soon turns into sci-fi initially intriguing although it heads for incoherence before the end of its short running time. Worth a watch though, and thanks to whoever originally mentioned it on this thread. 6/10
That was me. I think it needed another 5/10 minutes, but I thought the ending redeemed it.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Where are you watching all these old movies? Iíd love to find a decent streaming service with such a back catalogue.
Old school on this occasion. Still have some DVDs.