Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 30-03-2021, 10:53 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Big trade with the 49ers. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Still think that both the 49ers and the Ravens would be my superbowl picks at this early stage if they both can avoid injuries much like the Cheifs offensive skills players have for the last few years.
Old 30-03-2021, 01:24 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Big trade with the 49ers. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Still think that both the 49ers and the Ravens would be my superbowl picks at this early stage if they both can avoid injuries much like the Cheifs offensive skills players have for the last few years.
3rd round pick. Clearly they are going for a QB. JG has missed 23 games in the last 3 seasons and the team's record without him it pretty woeful. Shanahan has been quoted as saying JG is the future (I guess he has to right?) but it's clear they are hedging here.
Old 30-03-2021, 02:27 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
3rd round pick. Clearly they are going for a QB. JG has missed 23 games in the last 3 seasons and the team's record without him it pretty woeful. Shanahan has been quoted as saying JG is the future (I guess he has to right?) but it's clear they are hedging here.
They aren't hedging, they're replacing Jimmy. You don't spend three 1st round picks to hedge your bets. Strangely, rumors are saying they are interested in Mac Jones, who could have been there at #12.
Old 30-03-2021, 03:33 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
They aren't hedging, they're replacing Jimmy. You don't spend three 1st round picks to hedge your bets. Strangely, rumors are saying they are interested in Mac Jones, who could have been there at #12.
Technically it is only 2 first round picks which as been lost as they still have this years, pick at #3 rather than #12. Can't help but feel they are in a position should the DeShaun Watson stuff get sorted quickly that they could use this for the Texans, but also get a QB, possibly Fields.

The 49ers are slightly scarred by passing on Watson and Mahomes when they sat in a similar draft position, and if you think you are a good organisation, then you believe that your draft picks are going to be 24-32 rather than 1-8. They also in the position potentially to get something back for Jimmy G, even if it is a 2nd/3rd either this season or next. If it wasnt the 49ers doing this, say the Raiders, i would be worried. Less so with them
Old 02-04-2021, 06:44 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
There's now talk they might go for Trey Lance rather than Fields or Jones and give Jimmy G another year.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:55 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is the part I donít get. If the vast majority of reports are to be believed they are really high up on Mac Jones which would be a huge reach at 3, and would likely have been on the board at 12. Heís a Shanahan type QB in that Matt Ryan mould but to go at 3.....Iím not sure. I think Jimmy G starts week 1 for the 49ers, I donít think there is a huge trade market for him with his huge contract and injury record. As a Pats fan I donít want him back, really hope we donít go near him. Would love us to be aggressive and trade up to get involved in the Trey Lance/Justin Fields market.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:10 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
14 as of today.

Guessing Carolina won't be in for him now then. Best of luck Houston!
Who needs Deshaun when youíve got Darnold?
Old 06-04-2021, 12:15 PM
Let's Go Mariners!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Funny thing is there are a couple of people I saw online yesterday bigging him up, saying best move for him as we have a decent coach and QB Co who can help him, he has been hamstrung from the start in NYJ.

Interesting to see how he goes. And to be fair when I saw we were willing to offer McCaffrey as part of a trade for Watson, it put me off the whole idea anyway.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:33 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Funny thing is there are a couple of people I saw online yesterday bigging him up, saying best move for him as we have a decent coach and QB Co who can help him, he has been hamstrung from the start in NYJ.

Interesting to see how he goes. And to be fair when I saw we were willing to offer McCaffrey as part of a trade for Watson, it put me off the whole idea anyway.
People are using Tannehill's resurgence at Tennessee as a yardstick, but we will see. Even Fitterer described it as 'a gamble'. Personally I'm just relieved that the rebuild wasn't scuppered by over reaching for a QB. Would be good if we can get some of the picks back with a Teddy trade.

Who knows, there might still be a role for Deshaun further down the road. Perhaps he could massage CMC's calves after each game with his penis?
Old 06-04-2021, 12:34 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Panthers signed TE Dan Arnold about a week ago. Everyone is practicing "Darnold to Arnold"
Old 06-04-2021, 12:37 PM
Let's Go Mariners!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
People are using Tannehill's resurgence at Tennessee as a yardstick, but we will see. Even Fitterer described it as 'a gamble'. Personally I'm just relieved that the rebuild wasn't scuppered by over reaching for a QB. Would be good if we can get some of the picks back with a Teddy trade.

Who knows, there might still be a role for Deshaun further down the road. Perhaps he could massage CMC's calves after each game with his penis?
Old 08-04-2021, 11:01 AM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Enjoying the Panthers offseason

Loving the AJ Bouye pick up
Old 08-04-2021, 11:24 AM
Let's Go Mariners!!!

This is kind of a bit freaky, but also a big dig at NYJ.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:37 AM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Rumours are that Panthers owner David Teppper is still hot for a massage session with Deshaun, and is still waiting to see how this plays out perhaps a year or two down the line
Old 09-04-2021, 04:50 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
This is the part I donít get. If the vast majority of reports are to be believed they are really high up on Mac Jones which would be a huge reach at 3, and would likely have been on the board at 12. Heís a Shanahan type QB in that Matt Ryan mould but to go at 3.....Iím not sure. I think Jimmy G starts week 1 for the 49ers, I donít think there is a huge trade market for him with his huge contract and injury record. As a Pats fan I donít want him back, really hope we donít go near him. Would love us to be aggressive and trade up to get involved in the Trey Lance/Justin Fields market.
The thing with Mac is he is very much in the JG mould. Stay in the pocket, make your throw. Which is fine if you have great protection. Loose that protection for just a game and the chance of injury is there... sound familiar Jimmy?
I am very much of the mobile QB school and Mac's mobility is definitely questionable.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:32 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
In "No, duh" news of the day.

Old 11-04-2021, 04:40 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Excellent
Old 27-04-2021, 01:21 PM
Panty Organizer

Talk about avoiding the question:
Quote:
When asked if Jimmy Garoppolo will be on their roster after the draft is over, Shanahan said: “I can’t guarantee that anybody in the world will be alive on Sunday.”

I'm told that many in the 49ers' personnel department have pushed for North Dakota State QB Trey Lance but that coach Kyle Shanahan wants to draft Alabama's Mac Jones. One person I spoke to even heard that Shanahan might "acquiesce" to the scouting department on the selection, but others have said that seems unlikely. At this time of year, there is a lot of seed planting in the rumor mill, and it could certainly be the case here.
Old 27-04-2021, 01:30 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
For some reason I thought the Eagles would be much higher on the drinking list. Maybe Iíve been watching too much itís always sunny.
Old 27-04-2021, 01:40 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Surprising stats there. In terms of general usage on Marijuana usage over States:

Washington D.C. ranks first but the Washington Football Team is very low down.
Next state with a team is Colorado with Denver who are also very low down.
Then Seattle Seahawks very low down again compared to the Washington State average.

The first "close" comparison is Las Vegas Raiders and Nevada who rank 9th and 8th respectively.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!