Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 25-01-2022, 01:27 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila_17 View Post
Surely, it would be a dogging event
Big dogging.
Old 25-01-2022, 01:30 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Oh my God. They are all united it seems to really kick this issue into the long grass. What a bunch of utter *****
If they can buy themselves a couple of weeks, Putin might invade Ukraine and then the picture changes and everything becomes a focus on whether we would be dragged into a war.

Boris and his team will cling on for as long as they possibly can.
Old 25-01-2022, 01:30 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
We have just stepped into civil disobedience territory I think. This can’t be allowed to go on.
I think you may be right. There is nothing honest or transparent about what is happening here. It's quite astonishing, not an ounce of integrity on display
Old 25-01-2022, 01:34 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I’m 52 years old and don’t have a criminal record.

I’ve been driving for 35 years and have once had three points for speeding.

I do not trust the Metropolitan Police.
Boris Johnson is 57 years old and doesn't have a criminal record.

He should do but he trusts the Met
Old 25-01-2022, 01:45 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
BREAKING: Boris Johnson’s spokesman says Sue Gray won’t now continue to investigate, or publish, anything related to the parties now being investigated by the police, while they investigate.

He says the Prime Minister won’t answer questions in Parliament on those parties either.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
All I can do is laugh.
Banana republic stuff, all the same. But you do have to admire their gall.
Old 25-01-2022, 01:48 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Anyone still disagreeing the Cressida Dick is compromised at very best, but institutionally corrupt more likely and her position should be decided upon by the electorate/representatives of Metropolitan London not the Home Secretary?

It stinks, there are no checks and balances, convention as proven only as strong as those who hold to it.

Time for corrupt leaders to be prosecuted jailed and root and branch reform of government. More local democracy, more accountability, rules not conventions, proper safeguards against abuse of power have to be implemented.
Old 25-01-2022, 01:54 PM
Natus Londini ad austrum

Aquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
All I can do is laugh.
Banana republic stuff, all the same. But you do have to admire their gall.
I'm not sure that "admire" is the best word here!
Old 25-01-2022, 01:58 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I would change it to something appropriate at that stage. Strictly speaking he is not accused of anything yet, the police are investigating something.
Actually, he's been accused of lots of things by lots of people. But he's not yet 'the accused'.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 25-01-2022, 02:02 PM

Was there a time threshold on what made a gathering illegal? A birthday party is ok as long as you're there for 10 minutes or less. A BYOB piss up is acceptable provided you stay for no more than 25 minutes.

No, I didn't think so. The man is a criminal.
Old 25-01-2022, 02:07 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
I suppose it's only a really great party when the police are called.
Old 25-01-2022, 02:10 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
If they can buy themselves a couple of weeks, Putin might invade Ukraine and then the picture changes and everything becomes a focus on whether we would be dragged into a war.

Boris and his team will cling on for as long as they possibly can.
A war, preferably started by someone else is, I imagine, what Spaffer must have been gagging for.
Old 25-01-2022, 02:10 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
The cash for questions police inquiry took 16 months.

The government and police have played a blinder and unfortunately I can’t see how Labour are going to effectively tackle this.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 25-01-2022, 02:21 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
The cash for questions police inquiry took 16 months.

The government and police have played a blinder and unfortunately I can’t see how Labour are going to effectively tackle this.
I'd be more bothered about this if I was a Conservative MP than if I was Labour. It's not going away - it just puts the ball back in their court as to how to get rid of Johnson.
Old 25-01-2022, 02:26 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
So the message from No.10 is "the PM doesn't believe he's broken any laws".

Isn't this the eternal problem with Johnson? He hasn't ever believed that rules apply to him, so therefore this is just another occasion where he's wriggling out of it. The media needs to double-down this time and keep the pressure on. Otherwise he's off the hook again
Old 25-01-2022, 02:28 PM
Natus Londini ad austrum

Aquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Was there a time threshold on what made a gathering illegal? A birthday party is ok as long as you're there for 10 minutes or less. A BYOB piss up is acceptable provided you stay for no more than 25 minutes.

No, I didn't think so. The man is a criminal.
Who, if he blew the candles out, possibly spat sputum all over the cake before they tucked in to it.
Old 25-01-2022, 02:29 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
He'll never resign. Someone will need to go in there and get him out. This is the level of his entitlement.
Old 25-01-2022, 02:34 PM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
BREAKING: Boris Johnson’s spokesman says Sue Gray won’t now continue to investigate, or publish, anything related to the parties now being investigated by the police, while they investigate.

He says the Prime Minister won’t answer questions in Parliament on those parties either.

The Guardian are now running another breaking story that, according to insiders, the Met police ‘did not object to publication of Sue Gray report’.

So if that's true then the Gov't are, for no good reason, going to sit on the report. Probably until Putin invades the Ukraine.

Old 25-01-2022, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOL_Beagle View Post
The Guardian are now running another breaking story that, according to insiders, the Met police ‘did not object to publication of Sue Gray report’.

So if that's true then the Gov't are, for no good reason, going to sit on the report. Probably until Putin invades the Ukraine.

My hot take is his advisers predict a "No Further Action" conclusion from the Met Police, at which point they'll argue he's exonerated.
Old 25-01-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila_17 View Post
Who, if he blew the candles out, possibly spat sputum all over the cake before they tucked in to it.
He has demonstrated for decades that he has no problem spraying his bodily fluids around without a care for the consequences.

Ordinarily an affair or prostitute revelation would take down a serving PM, and I can't help but feel there may be one or more of those to come yet, but in his case it would be one of his more minor indiscretions.

What sort of democracy, freed of even the supposedly tyrannical EU shackles, is it when there is no way to remove a criminal from office?
Old 25-01-2022, 02:48 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
The denial is strong in this one Obi Wan….

Sir Edward Leigh, the Conservative backbencher, has told Sky News that he thinks the mood in his party is more “stable” now than it was. He said he thought the flow of letters to the 1922 Committee chairman calling for a no confidence vote in Boris Johnson was drying up, and that the public were “moving on” from the partygate story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019