Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 25-01-2022, 08:00 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I reckon Michael Gove has been playing a very very long game.

Initially (back in 2016) he said he couldn't support Johnson.

But then he did - so here's my theory.

He knew that in 2016 or 2019 he (Gove) wouldn't win a leadership election. So in 2019 he got his mate Cummings to help Johnson become PM and purge the Tory Parliamentary Party of anyone vaguely sensible.

And then, basically, he just waited, knowing that Johnson would sooner or later (and probably sooner) make a complete balls up of it - and with everyone sensible gone, Gove would look the best option. Cummings even tried to help hurry things along with his Barnard Castle trip, but somehow Johnson survived that.

Of course, it hasn't all gone smoothly, and dishy Rishi came from nowhere as a strong candidate to replace Johnson. But another mate - Lord Agnew - has helped stick a knife in there; along with a tax rise the right wing Tories don't like. (And he probably also told Sunak there was a meeting on the day of Johnson's birthday 'party' just as a failsafe.)

You have to admire the advance planning.
Cummings was always Gove's man, and who can forget how Gove knifed Boris right in the front in the (non) campaign against May.

As for the above, I doubt it was a determined single strategy by Gove, but one of several scenarios that he had game played in advance? Yes, most certainly.

Cummings is a sociopath, Gove is a pyschopath and exhibits all the characteristics of the emotional closure that can happen with adopted children, particularly those with a high level of intelligence never shown unconditional love as a child.

These character types are frequently found in high level management positions, rarely are they true innovators or entrepeneurs though, their skill set being manipulation and organising disruption to their advantage.
Old 25-01-2022, 08:20 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Why do you think Gove is a psychopath? He's wrong about stuff but if I'm honest I don't dislike him like I do the others.
Old 25-01-2022, 08:35 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Why do you think Gove is a psychopath? He's wrong about stuff but if I'm honest I don't dislike him like I do the others.
You've not met him, though...

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 25-01-2022, 08:36 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
This could go either here or the Wordle thread, so I'll put it on both. To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 25-01-2022, 09:04 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You've not met him, though...
True. Is he awful?
Old 25-01-2022, 09:08 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Scottish.
Old 25-01-2022, 09:14 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Well yes and this not only applies to parties...
Because first he came for the electoral process and lied about the NHS, an EU army, Turkey joining, sunlit uplands, etc....and they did nothing.

Then he came for the constitution, illegally prorogued Parliament, lied to the queen etc....and they did nothing

Then he lied to the fishermen, farmers, exporters, etc....and they did nothing

Then he reneged on the loyalists in NI, and put up a border in the Irish sea, causing the UVF to threaten violence......and they did nothing

And then he gave us all guidelines to avoid social mixing, people stopped seeing ageing relatives, all weddings and events were cancelled. All my kids have birthdays between March -June, and havnt had a birthday party in 3 years...... my then 8yo had to cancel her birthday party at the end of March 2020 to which she'd invited 6 friends to the house.....she didn't understand and cried for days. We told her that we have to protect the old people even though we were relatively low risk - she eventually understood....and all the kids didn't even go to school for 4 months. We cancelled Xmas like everyone else and didn't go out socially throughout.

And meanwhile, BJ invited 100 people to a BYO garden party, a birthday party for 30, with 10 close friends going back for a lock-in in his flat, and a leaving party in the basement of Downing Street with DJ decks on photocopiers with suitcases of booze....not just one party where "hard working people" deserved a blow out, more than frontline doctors/nurses? but 15 PARTIES!!! and counting

And yet there are still the apologists or cultists making excuses for him, beckoning us to accept that this is just Boris, he's funny, he thought they were all meetings, it was just a cake, yeh but Corbyn, so what if BJ lied to parliament? - a confirmation bias from the last election that still sees him with 30+% in the polls. What does it take?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 25-01-2022, 09:14 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I reckon Michael Gove has been playing a very very long game.

Initially (back in 2016) he said he couldn't support Johnson.

But then he did - so here's my theory.

He knew that in 2016 or 2019 he (Gove) wouldn't win a leadership election. So in 2019 he got his mate Cummings to help Johnson become PM and purge the Tory Parliamentary Party of anyone vaguely sensible.

And then, basically, he just waited, knowing that Johnson would sooner or later (and probably sooner) make a complete balls up of it - and with everyone sensible gone, Gove would look the best option. Cummings even tried to help hurry things along with his Barnard Castle trip, but somehow Johnson survived that.

Of course, it hasn't all gone smoothly, and dishy Rishi came from nowhere as a strong candidate to replace Johnson. But another mate - Lord Agnew - has helped stick a knife in there; along with a tax rise the right wing Tories don't like. (And he probably also told Sunak there was a meeting on the day of Johnson's birthday 'party' just as a failsafe.)

You have to admire the advance planning.
Would not be surprised at Gore's shameless ambitions, but I think he is well down the pecking order for now in any potential new Conservative leadership race.
Old 25-01-2022, 09:17 PM
Borderline lunacy

I wasn't being entirely serious.

Old 25-01-2022, 09:18 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
“Most of us knew Johnson was going to be a catastrophe of dishonesty, greed, laziness, selfishness, negligence and contempt.
But his ridiculous troupe of excuse-monkeys…. ****sake…. not a scrap of self-respect or integrity between the whole howling lot of them.”

To view the link you have to Register or Login
so good.

Old 25-01-2022, 09:29 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
I wasn't being entirely serious.
It’s a good theory. Half way through Adam Curtis started narrating it in my mind
Old 25-01-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
A
Crispin Blunt,
Ultimately, the only issue here is that regular people in very high numbers are STILL voting for twats with names like this. In OUR backgrouds, school would have been fecking hell with a first name like that. You can imagine the lack of chin. Yet, a big enough portion of the working man and woman vote them in, and keep supporting them - even now. OUR wailing on here won't change that. Where the feck are Worksop, GG etc?

Old 25-01-2022, 09:53 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry do you vote on the basis of people’s names. From memory his father was a General holding one of the most senior positions in the British army.
Old 25-01-2022, 10:11 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
Sorry do you vote on the basis of people’s names. From memory his father was a General holding one of the most senior positions in the British army.
Oh, well that's swung my vote.
Old 25-01-2022, 10:20 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Oh, well that's swung my vote.
Will it help that his niece is Emily Blunt?
Old 25-01-2022, 10:22 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
Will it help that his niece is Emily Blunt?
Not particularly.
He has some peculiar views. He's my mum's constituency MP.
Old 25-01-2022, 10:24 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
His seat is deepest Surrey, isn’t it?
Old 25-01-2022, 11:06 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
Would not be surprised at Gore's shameless ambitions, but I think he is well down the pecking order for now in any potential new Conservative leadership race.
Al?
Old 25-01-2022, 11:12 PM

Smithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Ultimately, the only issue here is that regular people in very high numbers are STILL voting for twats with names like this. In OUR backgrouds, school would have been fecking hell with a first name like that. You can imagine the lack of chin. Yet, a big enough portion of the working man and woman vote them in, and keep supporting them - even now. OUR wailing on here won't change that. Where the feck are Worksop, GG etc?
Not very scientific but sums it up perfectly for me.
Old 25-01-2022, 11:25 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jacob Tree Frog on Newsnight suggesting, as only he could, that Conor Burns could have used the word 'ambuscade' rather than ambush in terms of Boris being presented with his birthday cake.

Don't know how Kirsty Wark/other journalists let him/them trot out all the supposed great things that Boris has done without countering with all his mistakes (Covid/PPE preparations, late lockdown1, high death rates, dodgy contracts, track and trace, late lockdown2, Covid inquiry failings report, etc etc. - basically everything bar the vaccines rollout).

To be fair to Tree Frog, however, he did say that should the PM resign or lose a confidence vote then there should be an election rather than a Conservative anointment of a new PM. No doubt this was intended to be a threat to their red wall MP's not to submit no confidence letters for fear of losing their seats, but something he cannot now argue otherwise should Boris fall.