Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-01-2022, 06:53 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Palm Springs

I liked this. Sort of 6.5/10 liked it, but I suspect it is a bit better than that. I’d say having seen the trailer spoiler it a bit and I sort of wish I hadn’t seen it.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:27 PM
Asbo

Pubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Tender Bar

Directed by George Clooney with Ben Affleck and I guess fairly new comer Tye Sheriden.

Premise young kid grown up in the 70s and 80s with a nonexistent father and poor family home but with solid living family. Kid aspires to be a writer and gotta say I found very enjoyable. Not my usual cup of tea but I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. Good watch!
Old 09-01-2022, 09:53 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Superbob.
On Amazon Prime.
Tongue in cheek superhero movie starring Brett Goldstein (Roy Kent from Ted lasso).
Enjoyable enough 7/10
Old 09-01-2022, 11:01 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Moonrise Kingdom - I’m a big Wes Anderson fan but I thought it was the weakest of his films. It was classic Anderson but I struggled to laugh like I do in most of his other films.
Was still worth a watch 67/96
Old 09-01-2022, 11:02 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
The Hurricane - based on the true events of Rubin Carter being wrongfully imprisoned.
It’s a great watch.
70/89
Old 09-01-2022, 11:16 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Motherless Brooklyn was better than I expected. Great story, great cast, and soundtrack. The female lead was gorgeous too.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:26 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
The Power of the Dog - Best Drama & Best Director (Jane Campion), at the disgraced Golden Globes. You couldn't make it up!

The Emporer's new clothes comes to mind.

A truly awful film, despite a great cast and setting.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:55 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
The Hurricane - based on the true events of Rubin Carter being wrongfully imprisoned.
Itís a great watch.
70/89
A great podcast on this case on BBC Sounds.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:04 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Moonrise Kingdom - Iím a big Wes Anderson fan but I thought it was the weakest of his films. It was classic Anderson but I struggled to laugh like I do in most of his other films.
Was still worth a watch 67/96
I really enjoyed this.

I would say The life Aquatic was his weakest film, I struggled to watch half of it
Old 10-01-2022, 10:06 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I couldn't make my mind up on Moonrise Kingdom. Though I feel that a lot about Wes Anderson films!
Old 10-01-2022, 10:12 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
The King's Man (screen 7)

Origin story of the Kingsman series. Great cast and manages to throw a big surprise halfway through. The king pin baddy was not though. The little post credit snippet sets up the sequel too. Like a lot of films these days it's a little too long

A not as good as the 1st but better than the 2nd 7/10.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Brahms and List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I couldn't make my mind up on Moonrise Kingdom. Though I feel that a lot about Wes Anderson films!
You certainly have to be in the right mood
Old 10-01-2022, 10:16 AM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant.Palace View Post
I really enjoyed this.

I would say The life Aquatic was his weakest film, I struggled to watch half of it
Second time I watch LA I enjoyed it a lot more.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:32 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Utterly brilliant and on Prime. A single 90 minute take.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-01-2022, 10:34 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Oh amazing. I didn't realise it was on Prime. I'd planned to go to the cinema for it, but there's a few other films I want to catch too so may have to watch it on Prime.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:05 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Utterly brilliant and on Prime. A single 90 minute take.
Thanks Maz been looking forward to it.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:13 PM

Lazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
Wes Anderson - The French Dispatch. Truly genius film with superb cast and wackiness that can only be achieved by him. 10/10
I disagree with you. I've enjoyed several of his films in the past, but this one is where he disappears up his own arse in my opinion.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:49 PM

ddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Don't Look Up (not sure if anyone else has seen it?) 7.3/10

Enjoyable disaster/end of the world thing, some mild micky taking of conspiracy theorists no doubt driven by events of the last two years and not your typical America saves the world ending.
Netflix, who made a fortune out of COVID19, commission a film that claims people should not trust the Governments and major corporations during an international crisis. The film maker strongly advocate following the science.

In terms of Covid19 following the science means staying in and watching Netflix.

We shouldn't trust moral guidance from any major company.
Old 10-01-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfunk View Post
Netflix, who made a fortune out of COVID19, commission a film that claims people should not trust the Governments and major corporations during an international crisis. The film maker strongly advocate following the science.

In terms of Covid19 following the science means staying in and watching Netflix.

We shouldn't trust moral guidance from any major company.
The film was due to be produced well before COVID happened.

You don't turn around a film with that amount of talent in a few months.
Old 10-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
One of the Sinbad films was on yesterday, perfect fayre for a cold and wet Sunday afternoon.

Ray Harryhausen effects

Tom Baker evil villain

Martin Shaw a good side kick

Caroline Munro well appointed love interest

**** you CGI