Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old Today, 03:06 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Unless you have a classic car donít build a garage. Turn it into usable space.
I have a classic car in a lock up that I rent very cheaply. Very lucky to have that.
Old Today, 03:07 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
I think you will find that the vast majority of leavers made their mind up before the referendum was called and the campaign was not paid much attention. How many people pay attention to the arguments in any election most make their minds up long before polling day.

IMHO the NHS bus poster was given more attention by the press at the time & by disappointed Remainers since the vote.

Did it sway me no of course not as I was against us joining the Common Market from the outset.

I agree with you on the point we should have negotiated a deal first and put the two questions to the vote as you suggest. Had that happened it may have avoided the almost 5 years of argument we have had since
From full access to all services and residency rights, we are now down to 90 days and sod all health coverage. I will not forgive Brexit voters for that.
Old Today, 03:09 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Unless you have a classic car donít build a garage. Turn it into usable space.
Or a motorbike.
Old Today, 04:14 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Logically it should be a two-stage process: (1) Do you want us to negotiate a deal? (2) Do you want us to implement the deal we've negotiated?

The odd thing with Brexit is how so few leavers have said 'this isn't what I was promised, this isn't what I voted for'. After all the promises of easy trade deals, having the best of both worlds, the Tories have given us a shit hard Brexit. Leave was completely mis-sold. Why aren't more Leavers angry about that?
In theory this is right, but does not work in practice. In the case of brexit, the EU would have been willing to agree a lose:lose deal as their objective would have been to offer an awful (even worse than we have got) deal in the hope that UK voters would vote against. It sort of happened anyway as i think the EU were hoping for a second referendum.
Old Today, 05:27 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
In theory this is right, but does not work in practice. In the case of brexit, the EU would have been willing to agree a lose:lose deal as their objective would have been to offer an awful (even worse than we have got) deal in the hope that UK voters would vote against. It sort of happened anyway as i think the EU were hoping for a second referendum.
Yup, they need us more than we do, just ask the fishermen and women they will concur

May managed to get a better deal and we managed to get one worse makes you wonder if the negotiating team was going for a no deal but bottled it
Old Today, 05:53 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Yup, they need us more than we do, just ask the fishermen and women they will concur

May managed to get a better deal and we managed to get one worse makes you wonder if the negotiating team was going for a no deal but bottled it
Thats not the point i was making... it was about having a referendum (whether brexit or scottish independence) before or after a deal has been done.
Old Today, 06:36 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Turns out that in BJ's brexit deal where he threw the fishermen under a bus 'but only for 5 years' and for which he allowed for 6 days scrutiny over Xmas when ministers have nativity trails to deal with, the small print suggests the EU have us by the short and curlys. Who'd have thunk it?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old Today, 06:40 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
There was never really a proper negotiation. There was simply picking a rung on Barnierís ladder and then tweaking at the edges was the only real negotiation. We picked somewhere just below the bottom rung but not the floor.
Old Today, 06:56 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
From full access to all services and residency rights, we are now down to 90 days and sod all health coverage. I will not forgive Brexit voters for that.
Do you have a property in an EU country then ?

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old Today, 06:58 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Do you have a property in an EU country then ?
You donít need to have property to have them rights...
Old Today, 07:01 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Turns out that in BJ's brexit deal where he threw the fishermen under a bus 'but only for 5 years' and for which he allowed for 6 days scrutiny over Xmas when ministers have nativity trails to deal with, the small print suggests the EU have us by the short and curlys. Who'd have thunk it?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Wonder what control we took back? EU can shut the power if we break the deal??? WTAF

June 2026 we will see a surge in candle sales

Last edited by RazorsEdge; Today at 07:03 PM.
Old Today, 07:02 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
There was never really a proper negotiation. There was simply picking a rung on Barnierís ladder and then tweaking at the edges was the only real negotiation. We picked somewhere just below the bottom rung but not the floor.
Cummings and Gove wanted a no deal and I think PM Carrie won that fight and we hung on to the bottom rung
Old Today, 07:03 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Wonder what control we took back? EU can shut the power if we break the deal??? WTAF
Barnier must still be pissing himself, easiest deal in history for him
Old Today, 07:04 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Surely that story can’t be true? I’m always a bit suspicious of the Independent nowadays.
Old Today, 07:06 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Barnier must still be pissing himself, easiest deal in history for him
Yes it was the easiest and Come June 2026 it is all over again. Another 3 word slogan and Tories back to power.

I have a cunning plan.....says Baldrick Boris
Old Today, 07:06 PM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
...exactly....Cheapskate Britain(Boris) thought he could have the full benefits of VIP membership without paying his dues...and he didn't want or care to understand the detail that basic membership meant being classed as a "third nation". It is so pompous of Boris and his ilk, and I am shocked and embarrassed about what the UK is after Brexit.

No other country in Europe has lost its identity, no other country feels less patriotic, but they sure do feel European and proud of it, as I was. In my opinion it makes the UK a third rate country, and like others will never forgive Cameron or Boris, and amazed that so many of my fellow countrymen don't call Brexit out for the damage it is doing economically and socially.
Old Today, 07:07 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Surely that story canít be true? Iím always a bit suspicious of the Independent nowadays.
Easy to check though, the 1200 odd page document should be online. I may have a butchers when I am not scratching me head
Old Today, 07:17 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Surely that story canít be true? Iím always a bit suspicious of the Independent nowadays.
I've been suspicious of them ever since those Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot adverts.
Old Today, 07:27 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Me too. As committed their way as the Express is the other. It's first few years were great.