Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Just picked a mate up for football (he asked for a lift)… invited me in… sat with his family as he got ready. Chatted to wife n kids. Played football with him… dropped him off… as he gets out of car… he said his son’s got covid… the son I sat chatting to when I picked him up.

Cheers bud
"... a mate..."

Are you sure?

Fecking selfish c*nt.
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
It's worth repeating because whilst everyone seems obsessed about mask wearing and Plan Bs, we've got 5m of our most at risk waiting on a booster
Which seems a bit odd doesn’t it? Why would 5 million of the most vulnerable be hesitant to get the booster (having already had two jabs)? It can’t be because of a lack of advertising, willingness, knowledge can it? It can’t be vaccine sceptics can it as they’ve already overcome hesitancy?

What’s the cause?
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Which seems a bit odd doesn’t it? Why would 5 million of the most vulnerable be hesitant to get the booster (having already had two jabs)? It can’t be because of a lack of advertising, willingness, knowledge can it? It can’t be vaccine sceptics can it as they’ve already overcome hesitancy?

What’s the cause?
Two things that probably aren't helping

1) Until very recently you had to wait to be contacted, rather than being able to book in yourself (this has now been changed)

2) You can only book once you've reached 6 months, meaning you're appointment will be some point after that, e.g. my mum's is due about two weeks after her six months was up. Think they're changing this to allow you to book in advance of the six months to bring thr appointment closer to your eligibility date
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I got my first jab in January when it was available to over 65's. Went to a drive through place and got in line with must have been 500+ cars and took nearly 2 hours.

I got my second jab 4 weeks later at the same place when it was now open to the 50+ people. Got in line with maybe 100+ cars and in took 30 minutes.

A couple of weeks back I got my booster when it became available to 65+ folks. Went to a Senior Center close by. Walked in and there was one person in front of us in line, and was in and out in 20 minutes including sitting for 15 minutes to see if there was a reaction.

Just my experience, but I sense people are getting pretty blasé faire about getting the booster even if they are not anti-vaxxers.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
My son got Covid a couple of weeks back and despite staying in close proximity and him having to isolate etc. either my wife nor I got it. I did about 4 lateral flow tests and a PCR. The vaccines work.
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:

1) Until very recently you had to wait to be contacted, rather than being able to book in yourself (this has now been changed)

2) You can only book once you've reached 6 months, meaning you're appointment will be some point after that, e.g. my mum's is due about two weeks after her six months was up. Think they're changing this to allow you to book in advance of the six months to bring thr appointment closer to your eligibility date
Also, no roll-out yet for the housebound and, quite incredibly, many in care homes.
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
I tried to arrange a booster jab but I'm "not eligible".

I'm over 60, I've had both jabs and there is a vaccination centre not far away.

I can't get the rationale when so many people won't get jabs at all.
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
"... a mate..."

Are you sure?

Fecking selfish c*nt.

He’s actually a nice fella… but not the world’s greatest thinker.
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:

I’d get that for 500,000 but 5 million? Either the numbers aren’t right or something has gone really wrong. 5 million is circa 7% of the population and basically everyone over 75.

Anecdotally it doesn’t ring true as those in that group that I know have been called and have been jabbed (or have an appointment). Where has the 5 million number come from? It seems so huge for a group that is pro vaccine that personally I think it’s fictitious and N10 blaming the people rather than taking responsibility. I’d be intrigued to see the evidence.

Last edited by Hpalace; Yesterday at 09:47 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I tried to arrange a booster jab but I'm "not eligible".

I'm over 60, I've had both jabs and there is a vaccination centre not far away.

I can't get the rationale when so many people won't get jabs at all.
It was the same for me, even though vulnerable and over the six months. So I rocked up at the Royal Free clinic with my proof of vaccine. Was seen straight away.
What shocked me was that I went expecting a queue and a long wait. Only 4 people ahead of me, and two of them were uniformed hospital staff. Something is not right.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
It was the same for me, even though vulnerable and over the six months. So I rocked up at the Royal Free clinic with my proof of vaccine. Was seen straight away.
What shocked me was that I went expecting a queue and a long wait. Only 4 people ahead of me, and two of them were uniformed hospital staff. Something is not right.
It smells like bullshit.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stop Press:

I have just opened a letter, which arrived today, informing me that I am now eligible for a third dose.
However, the letter states that, as a transplant patient, this is the third dose of my primary vaccination, NOT a booster, which I will be eligible for in six months.
It also states that this third primary vaccination is due eight weeks after my second dose. That was April 21, so this dose should have been in June.
Something is properly f*cked up.
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Just picked a mate up for football (he asked for a lift)… invited me in… sat with his family as he got ready. Chatted to wife n kids. Played football with him… dropped him off… as he gets out of car… he said his son’s got covid… the son I sat chatting to when I picked him up.

Cheers bud
Dread to think what your enemies are like.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:

I am classified as Clinically Extremely Vulnerable and had my 2nd jab on 16th April. I was told a week ago I was 'not eligible for a booster as it had to be 6 months + 1 week'. Am now booked in for next Wednesday. It's all a bit confusing depending who you talk to.