Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 16-05-2022, 07:31 AM

Panther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce the voice View Post
Amazing to see the reaction to the penalty. The Luton player just got up; the Palace players just accepted the decision. Now all the players surround the ref from both sides; followed by a carnival of ****wits on sites like this analysing the decision.
Pretty much the same with reaction to the goals. And what a pitch!
Old 16-05-2022, 03:23 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Whatever happened to the choice between short-sleeved and long-sleeved shirts? It's got to be long-sleeved with an Adidas shirt doesn't it? The Admiral long-sleeved sash shirts were much cooler too.
Old 16-05-2022, 03:50 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Amazing to see the reaction to the penalty. The Luton player just got up; the Palace players just accepted the decision. Now all the players surround the ref from both sides; followed by a carnival of ****wits on sites like this analysing the decision.
Well, to be fair, it was an absolute stonewall pen after that horribly clumsy 'tackle' from Doris
Old 16-05-2022, 04:42 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Match Time Revisited on Saturday has our quater final v QPR from 1982.
Interested to see George Wood and Chris Whyte both playing for Arsenal in the same episode too. Denis Law praised the latter for his performance.
Old 18-05-2022, 01:19 PM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
I actually thought Chris Whyte played ok for us in the short time he was with us (I only saw him play around half a dozen games iirc).
Old 18-05-2022, 02:37 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
He could pass a good used VCR out of his car boot apparently.
Old 18-05-2022, 11:04 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Well, to be fair, it was an absolute stonewall pen after that horribly clumsy 'tackle' from Doris
There's not such a thing as a stonewall penalty these days. When was the last time you saw a penalty given for a foul or handball, and nobody argued about it?
Old 19-05-2022, 01:58 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Even though it coincided with a very dark period full of mostly shit football, I absolutely love that white adidas kit. It's easily my favourite white sash kit.
Me too, and the sky blue away one. I also strangely enjoyed the period despite it all going Pete Tong. I think it’s because I was one of a very few that were travelling away in those lean years, I hardly missed a game. Sometimes there was less than 100 of us on some big open northern terrace, but if we at least scored a goal or scraped a draw we came home happy
Old 19-05-2022, 08:54 AM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Me too, and the sky blue away one. I also strangely enjoyed the period despite it all going Pete Tong. I think it’s because I was one of a very few that were travelling away in those lean years, I hardly missed a game. Sometimes there was less than 100 of us on some big open northern terrace, but if we at least scored a goal or scraped a draw we came home happy
I know exactly what you mean, i look back at that time through rose coloured glasses, i used to live for going to the match back then.
Old 21-05-2022, 11:10 AM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On ITV4 shortly
Old 21-05-2022, 11:45 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I got so excited by this I forgot it wasn't our latest match. Spoiler alert: we drew 3-3 with Luton.
Old 21-05-2022, 11:53 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Grainy screen grabs of Smilie's opening goal and the line up.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20220521-114954-600.png (948.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20220521-114709-052.png (574.2 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Scroatey; 21-05-2022 at 01:43 PM.
Old 21-05-2022, 12:45 PM

Slyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlyda : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That must have been Neil Smillie's best ever performance for us.
Old 21-05-2022, 06:32 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Funny listening to the crowd ‘hate Ron Noades, hate Ron Noades, hate Ron Noades’
Old 21-05-2022, 06:37 PM
Made in Bromley

Loved Kevin Mabbutt
Old 21-05-2022, 06:43 PM
Genius

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kevin Mabbutt was amazing
Old 21-05-2022, 06:55 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Yeah, Mabbs was my fav of that period, even though I'd grown up with the Team of the 80s. He was just a huge beacon of hope.

One of my fav ever Palace games was a 4-0 home win against (I think) Oldham. Mabbs got 2, Vince got 2. Think it was April time, thumping home win in the sunshine.

Gonna go look it up now....

Yeah, it was 81-82. 17th April, the day before my birthday. I'll take the memory of that game to my grave....
Old 21-05-2022, 07:22 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Yeah, Mabbs was my fav of that period, even though I'd grown up with the Team of the 80s. He was just a huge beacon of hope.

One of my fav ever Palace games was a 4-0 home win against (I think) Oldham. Mabbs got 2, Vince got 2. Think it was April time, thumping home win in the sunshine.

Gonna go look it up now....

Yeah, it was 81-82. 17th April, the day before my birthday. I'll take the memory of that game to my grave ....
I suppose games like that would stick out in the memory in those bleak times, for me it’s always been an away win at Wrexham earlier that season that like you I’ll take to my grave and carry on boring people with it until the day I do pop my cloggs!!
Old 21-05-2022, 08:38 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Kevin Mabbutt was amazing
Great player at a bad tine for us. think we bought him same time as McCuloch? was best player in the team by far
Old 21-05-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
I suppose games like that would stick out in the memory in those bleak times, for me it’s always been an away win at Wrexham earlier that season that like you I’ll take to my grave and carry on boring people with it until the day I do pop my cloggs!!
That wasn’t the game when we wore a quite un-Palace red shirt & white shorts, was it? Did Vince score that goal? I’m struggling now…