Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM

eaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Also. How AWFUL is Croft as a Co Commentator.
He is terrible.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesheart View Post
He is terrible.
He just giggles. Adds nothing. And uses the word etcetera during comms. Any commentator who uses etcetera should immediately be fired. I'd quite like to get paid for being that lazy.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Dagnall with his stupid glasses.
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
Did we really need to sign Hardie - who anyway contributed virtually nothing with the bat, and even less with the ball? Could we not use the opportunity to give one of our own youngsters some experience?
I've mentioned this three times now. He must be near the top of any list of ill-judged dsignings. He has contributed zilch with both bat and ball in every match
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Shouldn't be a problem chasing down 161.
Quote:
You really are a cricket genius.
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Haven't watched it but sounds like a right **** up by Surrey.

But it's daft that both sides weren't at full strength as the q/f's clash with the Int'ls. Wouldn't have happened if these matches had been scheduled for later in the season.

What's the point of having all your players available in the group matches, when you can't have them, for when it really matters ?

Nothing to do with that dreadful 100, is it ?
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I canít make it on Weds.

Not sure if I actually want us to win. I have tix for Finals Day again & I love going there & not really caring who wins. If Surrey are there, Iíll just be nervous which will impinge on my enjoyment of the lunacy that is Finals DayÖ.
Ah well. I lumped on Yorkshire to win at the interval - that will pay for Finals Day beers which I can now properly enjoy in a 'not invested in who actually wins' kind of way...
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM

eaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Don't get that moron started
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
I've mentioned this three times now. He must be near the top of any list of ill-judged dsignings. He has contributed zilch with both bat and ball in every match
You can't expect players to fire in every game, but he hasn't looked anything like a decent cricketer.
Couldn't be trusted to bowl more than a couple of overs in any match and no meaningful contributions with the bat.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We've been short of proper batsmen for the past 5 games or so. I'm not sure who was available, but they must have been someone decent who could have batted in the top-4, instead of signing a ropey all-rounder and playing a bowler at 3.
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Doing their best to blow it now. Am I the only person watching this ?
Well most of the members were there. I was. You could have gone for 15 quid.
Disappointed with the result but that's 20/20.
The crowd was pretty good. Nowhere near the Kent capacity but this was arranged at short notice for many

Victory in Yorkshire next week will make up for it. The championship title is always the priority
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM

yogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses growyogihughes knows where the wild roses grow
How can Wiley play tonight and rock up for England T20 tomorrow night but Roy, Curran, Jordan and Topley canít?
Old Today, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
We've been short of proper batsmen for the past 5 games or so. I'm not sure who was available, but they must have been someone decent who could have batted in the top-4, instead of signing a ropey all-rounder and playing a bowler at 3.
I think Iím right in saying that Ryan Patel hasnít played a single T20, which is, at the very least, curious. Can only think heís contractually restricted : which is even more curiousÖ.
Old Today, 07:55 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
How on earth did we let that game slip away? firstly letting them get to 160 after their start which then made it a fair total for them to defend, and was the start of Surrey throwing the game away with their cautious response.
But then our naive batting was summed up perfectly by the pathetic shot that Pope got himself out which was the start of the slump, until it took a bowler Overton who simply with common sense batting for this format got us to the verge of victory, and when we simply needed just Five off the Last Over to win we still cocked it up.
Just when we all thought this season we were belatedly seeing the return of Surrey to its glory days of dominance, they fall back to the bad days of recent years and let opportunities of winning a short format game Trophy plus also giving their fans a good Finals day outing, slip away yet again.
This was a game that we should never have let slip away and that is what made it so disappointing. Oh Well.
Old Today, 08:22 AM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Disappointing for sure. Felt the attendance was ok - lots of people buying on the day I suspect.

There was a 4 early in the Yorkshire innings I felt Narine could have both cut out and then chased harder. Instead he just meekly let it run past him and gave up way before the ball reached the rope. That was the game, as it turned out. Another where he was chasing a high catch and seemed to give up right at the end when he probably could have reached it (from my far view in the PMG anyway). Strange. Fantastic bowler mind.

Last edited by Webb; Today at 08:24 AM.
Old Today, 09:28 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think Iím right in saying that Ryan Patel hasnít played a single T20, which is, at the very least, curious. Can only think heís contractually restricted : which is even more curiousÖ.
I can't understand what's happened to Patel. As much as I rate Burns as a red ball player he is never a 20/20 man. Patel is a much better option than him or even Smith.
Still you won't have to worry about Surrey in the finals now.
Old Today, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogihughes View Post
How can Wiley play tonight and rock up for England T20 tomorrow night but Roy, Curran, Jordan and Topley canít?
Maybe they are in the starting 11 tonight and he isn't, but it doesn't make much sense.
Old Today, 10:08 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
I went. It was painful

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old Today, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
How on earth did we let that game slip away? firstly letting them get to 160 after their start which then made it a fair total for them to defend, and was the start of Surrey throwing the game away with their cautious response.
But then our naive batting was summed up perfectly by the pathetic shot that Pope got himself out which was the start of the slump, until it took a bowler Overton who simply with common sense batting for this format got us to the verge of victory, and when we simply needed just Five off the Last Over to win we still cocked it up.
Just when we all thought this season we were belatedly seeing the return of Surrey to its glory days of dominance, they fall back to the bad days of recent years and let opportunities of winning a short format game Trophy plus also giving their fans a good Finals day outing, slip away yet again.
This was a game that we should never have let slip away and that is what made it so disappointing. Oh Well.
Well summed up. They sure let their fans down, again.