Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:19 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
No it was far worse back in the 70s and 80s the abuse from the terraces would make your toes curl today. The difference is now the players can get abused 24x7 by far more people simply due to the numbers. I think we have come a long way since then but we still have a lot of curbs around and we will do better given time and the melting pot we live in

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 04-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Iím not sure that racism in football is worse today per se.

Itís just more visible and recognisable.
Is it football, or is it social media vitriol? Unfortunately horrible people like to throw what they can at people who they hate (envy) social media gives them the vehicle to do it. Some how the more it gets taboo the more scummy people will do it aswell unless there are proper repercussions, but for me it's a social media problem not a football problem.

I think we should all boycott social media for life and the problem will go away in this area.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:19 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Is it football, or is it social media vitriol? Unfortunately horrible people like to throw what they can at people who they hate (envy) social media gives them the vehicle to do it. Some how the more it gets taboo the more scummy people will do it aswell unless there are proper repercussions, but for me it's a social media problem not a football problem.

I think we should all boycott social media for life and the problem will go away in this area.
Rather than a football problem or social media problem, isn't racism an attitude within some or all of us?
Old 04-05-2021, 04:30 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Rather than a football problem or social media problem, isn't racism an attitude within some or all of us?
Social media has given chance it to be broadcasted into people's hands from anonymous agents though. The racists incidents online compared within regular media/physical interactions would be a huge factor difference. Social media has made it worse. It's another question to talk about the in-group out-group nature of human beings.

Yes it's a human problem, but social media is the main vehicle now.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:55 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Social media has given chance it to be broadcasted into people's hands from anonymous agents though. The racists incidents online compared within regular media/physical interactions would be a huge factor difference. Social media has made it worse. It's another question to talk about the in-group out-group nature of human beings.

Yes it's a human problem, but social media is the main vehicle now.
Itís a case the more someone complains the more the vitriol will appear, thatís what these trolls want - attention

Once upon a time these people would write an abusive letter and stick it in the post. Now the internet has opened the door to a massive number of these characters. Itís not even just racism, itís literally any subject matter. If any person gets attention and they are on social media, they are a target to no end of abuse. Itís basically the very long human trait of bullying, personally I wouldnít be anywhere near social media if I was in the public eye.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:53 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
It’s a case the more someone complains the more the vitriol will appear, that’s what these trolls want - attention

Once upon a time these people would write an abusive letter and stick it in the post. Now the internet has opened the door to a massive number of these characters. It’s not even just racism, it’s literally any subject matter. If any person gets attention and they are on social media, they are a target to no end of abuse. It’s basically the very long human trait of bullying, personally I wouldn’t be anywhere near social media if I was in the public eye.
Agree completely.

Social media is a place of utterances without the responsibility of having to represent them. It brings out the worst of us all.