Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: The Hundred - do you support the concept?
Yes - and I shall be supporting one on the new Teams 25 19.84%
I am broadly in favour, but won't actively support any of the new Teams 16 12.70%
I have no particular interest but may watch the occasional game on TV 38 30.16%
I am not interested and will not be watching any of the matches 10 7.94%
I am strongly opposed to the new format 37 29.37%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-07-2021, 10:15 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Wonít someone please think of the women & children, the target audience?
Really talking about evening games and the women drink as much as men these days.
Old 22-07-2021, 12:22 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Michael Vaughan
@MichaelVaughan

16h
Well I never … I think this 100 is going to be a huge success … What a great advert for the women’s game … #LovedIt

Ker-ching
Old 22-07-2021, 12:23 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Next tweet:

Man up Trotty

# boohoo
Old 22-07-2021, 12:29 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Maybe its my age but I've got more interest in the One Day Cup returning
Old 22-07-2021, 12:35 PM
moving forward

Vaughany shows you don’t have to be young to enjoy it.

#transfermoneytoVaughany
Old 22-07-2021, 12:51 PM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Vaughany shows you donít have to be young to enjoy it.

#transfermoneytoVaughany
Vaughney shows that as the 100 is sponsored by BBC he needs to wave the flag for his employer
Old 22-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

A terrestrial audience of 1.6 million watched the opening game of The Hundred, making it the most watched women's cricket match ever televised on the BBC.

In a game streamed live 180,000 times on iPlayer, Invincibles' captain Dane van Niekerk hit 56 not out, sealing victory with two balls remaining. The Originals had set the hosts a target of 136 to win.

Broadcast simultaneously on BBC Two and Sky Sports, the peak combined viewing figures of 3.8 million meant the game broke UK viewing records for women's cricket - surpassing the 1.24 million who watched last week's England v India T20. The crowd of 7,395 in attendance at the Oval also broke the modern-day record for a domestic women's match.

They saw the Invincibles lose four early wickets in their run chase, with the home side 36-4 before Van Niekerk and Marizanne Kapp put on a partnership of 73. The Hundred's managing director, Sanjay Patel, said the new format's debut was "a thrilling match" with "a brilliant atmosphere inside the crowd with lots of families and children". "The Hundred is all about throwing cricket's doors open for everyone, and the response to last night's game has been remarkable. We know this is only the first game and there is a still a lot of hard work ahead," he added.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 22-07-2021, 02:02 PM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've often wondered if the scoring of these short innings games should take wickets into account, for example your final score is runs + a figure based on wickets remaining.

I suspect it would make the game far too complicated but I reckon it would add some interesting strategy (depending on what figures were used) and possibly make some games more interesting.
Old 22-07-2021, 02:08 PM

Lee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched it last night. Didnít hate it (as a Ďlegacy faní of Test cricket). I thought that it was great that the womenís teams got the first game. I also think that the loss of fielders if you arenít on the over rate should be brought into all cricket.

Iím not sold on the format (I donít know that the ECB paid £70m for tbh when thereís a perfectly good T20 league, was it just to call overs, blocks?) and I do worry about the counties of this does find an audience but Iíll happily watch another couple of games. I realise that Iím not the target audience as well.
Old 22-07-2021, 02:27 PM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Strange that the critics hated it and those involved loved it, isn't it? I'm holding full judgement back until after a few more games, but it seems a hell of a gamble from the ECB to alienate the majority of 'legacy' fans in the hope of gaining enough new ones. Not going tonight in order to check out the TV coverage rather than in-ground version. Any positives gained are not because of the format, that's for sure, more likely games on TV, heavy promotion. Will likely go to the London derby games in a few weeks, other than that, not fussed really.
Old 22-07-2021, 03:46 PM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Strange that the critics hated it and those involved loved it, isn't it?
Hardly surprising in view of the large sums that those involved are earning from it
Old 22-07-2021, 04:05 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
How many of the games are on the BBC, are all the games on SKY?

I think having games on free-to-air TV will be it's biggest advantage, especially brining in new supporters to the game.
Old 22-07-2021, 04:44 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
I thought it was ghastly to watch on the telly.

Could barely see the play through the garish highlighter-pen graphics.
Old 22-07-2021, 05:23 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
I'm sure even the new target audience will find this trademark BBC Bantzy Build-Up excruciating. There's no rule to say that you have to present the sport this way, but the BBC will just plough on with it.
Old 22-07-2021, 05:23 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Women’s cricket is very entertaining with some of the excellent spin in particular. I hope they keep televised women’s 100 but I have no interest in the men’s version. Who represents Sussex, Kent and Essex?
Old 22-07-2021, 06:14 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Bonus points for the absence of City boys on a jolly too that you get at Friday T20s.
I suspect that's down to the City effectively still being shut, because of covid.
Old 22-07-2021, 06:30 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
I thought it was ghastly to watch on the telly.

Could barely see the play through the garish highlighter-pen graphics.
I am not watching but did turn on for a second to see what my WhatsApp cricket group was complaining about as they were moaning about this too.

It looks so bad and distracting from the cricket going on. The colours they've used remind me of my website building days in the mid-noughties before everyone realised garish doesn't actually do any favours for keeping people staying on and clicking through a website they've landed on.

I saw an "OH YEAH!" Graphic for a six being hit. 2 minutes was enough for me. I'm out again.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 22-07-2021, 06:32 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
I'm already a traditionalist. I like to convert the score into a 20/20 game to see if it's any good or not.
Old 22-07-2021, 06:41 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Enough already!

What a pointless, steaming heap of garbage. Why??

SIX!!!!
OH, YEAH!!!
Plus ridiculous graphics designed by a 9-year-old.

Oh No, FFS The sooner this nonsense dies a death the better.

Money RIP, Cricket
Old 22-07-2021, 06:44 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
I enjoyed the women's match yesterday. I thought it was competitive and allowing for some dropped catches, the fielding was good.

The aim I understand is to encourage more of a diverse, younger following and especially families. In that, yesterday (and today) was successful.

The Hundred will though like all Cricket have to overcome it's biggest threat. The English weather.