Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 22-11-2021, 09:38 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dogers View Post
Never going to come back but until thus season, the best defending fullback in the league and also improving in the attacking side too.
I don't really buy the last bit. He has basically gone from being hopeless going forward to not very good. The concerning thing is he was a winger in younger days and would have been destined for a low level career if nobody had noticed what his best position was.
Old 22-11-2021, 09:42 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
For us he was class, although never got up to 50 million class. And to think what players we got for fifty million.
Definitely a great deal for the club, and we didn't throw the money away either.
Old 23-11-2021, 04:41 PM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I don't really buy the last bit. He has basically gone from being hopeless going forward to not very good. The concerning thing is he was a winger in younger days and would have been destined for a low level career if nobody had noticed what his best position was.
Disagree I thought he was quite good and gets good crosses in, Im not biased against ex-players
Old 23-11-2021, 05:24 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Looking at the state of that team, there is clearly a coaching deficit somewhere. AWB is not the only one to be suffering. But he is/was an inexperienced player coming out of a very structured side and tightly coached. Into what? Their team seems to make it up on the day. Obviously they will expect different things from him than we did.

Can he do those things? I dont know (and I have my doubts) but he certainly doesn't seem to be getting the direction a relative newbie needs, so it is hard to judge
Old 23-11-2021, 09:50 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
A few here a couple of years back tried to tell me that Sancho was better than Wilf .... sorry but he's bang average ...
Wilf miles better thanks!
Time will tell. Sancho's stats at Dortmund were absurd for someone so young. You can't really compare them now just yet, given the age difference, but Sancho has already had some career and he's only 21.
Old 24-11-2021, 01:38 AM
I wanna be Peppard

0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine0.bj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
AWB wouldn't come back to Palace. He's playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world (they may be a hateful club but players don't care about that). He's paid far more at Man Utd than he would be here and, at least at the moment, they're in 6th place and the champions league.

The issue is that in Roy's team we played without the ball and constricted space in our half, perfect for AWB who was almost impossible to beat one on one. For Utd he's been playing on the half way line, and in a chronically unorganized team, a product of managerial incompetence. He's only 23, a competent replacement for Solskjaer might still be able to develop him.
This is a decent post among a number of revisionist ones. He really wasnt often exposed to two attackers against us as he often had the very hard-working Ayew or Townsend backing up. And he never really had to deal with the ball into the space behind because as you say we defended very deep: any chase was shorter and the position was usually in his favour on the touch line. In the latter situation hes got the pace to get out of it but against top teams that is nullified by the pace of the opposition attack. Start ever so slightly out of position and those tenths of a second kill you.

No clamour for him to come back as there was Zaha. AWB clearly appreciates what the club did for him but he didnt seem to love it like Wilf did and does. And for that reason he wouldnt come back even if a deal was viable. Weve obviously got Ferguson if he ever gets fit but you feel we might find another gem in our academy anyway. Its an area weve done well in in the past and we generally buy well at full back anyway (pretend Karic and Blake never happened).

Theres no value in us looking at AWB. Hes way down the England pecking order now following the rise of Reece James so if we were to buy at 15-20m what profit are we likely to realise on his next sale. Wed just be eating into the original profit and getting an asset currently no better suited to PVs style than Joel Ward or Nathaniel Clyne.
Old 24-11-2021, 02:18 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dogers View Post
Im not biased against ex-players
Neither am I. Having a different opinion to you, does not make me biased against an ex player
Old 25-11-2021, 12:57 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
If we splurge on a right-back it should be Youcef Atal.
The bargain alternative being whoever chelsea or liverpool have coming through next.
Old 25-11-2021, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEddie McGoldrick's tash came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
The bargain alternative being whoever chelsea or liverpool have coming through next.
I think we should have gone for Livaremento. The buyback isn't ideal but the potential benefits are huge (and looked so at the time)
Old 25-11-2021, 06:43 PM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surely we can all agree that getting 50 million for him was a great deal for us?
I am not sure many neutrals would think he is worth 50 million now. He has hardly set the world alight at Man Utd.
Don't really understand why anyone would suggest he should come back to us even at a cut price. Besides he is probably on wages which (I would suggest) are way more than we should pay a RB.
Old 25-11-2021, 07:25 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
It's probably more a question of priorities. With Ward playing well, Clyne as back up and Ferguson to look forward to, AWB is not needed half as much as replacements for JimmyMac and Gallagher. Any cash we have needs to go there first and probably another technically capable CB after that.
Old 26-11-2021, 04:07 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
I'd rather look forward to Ferguson being fit...

as good as AWB was one on one, he does go walkabout a lot. Obviously a clown like Ole won't sort that out but I can't see Rangnick tolerating him falling asleep at set pieces and rushing out to deal with a player and leaving space to hit behind him. On the ball, he simply isn't good enough for that level. His passes always seem badly weighted and he's vulnerable to being pressed into mistakes
Old 26-11-2021, 04:30 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
How much better is AWB than Mitchell? Probably has more covering speed and a better 1 on 1 tackler, but did AWB just stand out because we were sh*te side that defended a lot?

Does mitchell not get as much hype as AWB because we also now have an assortment of exciting attacking options i.e. olise, eduaord, gallagher, eze, zaha benteke, some of which we didnt have when AWB was there?
Old 26-11-2021, 04:32 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.bj View Post
This is a decent post among a number of revisionist ones. He really wasnt often exposed to two attackers against us as he often had the very hard-working Ayew or Townsend backing up. And he never really had to deal with the ball into the space behind because as you say we defended very deep: any chase was shorter and the position was usually in his favour on the touch line. In the latter situation hes got the pace to get out of it but against top teams that is nullified by the pace of the opposition attack. Start ever so slightly out of position and those tenths of a second kill you.

No clamour for him to come back as there was Zaha. AWB clearly appreciates what the club did for him but he didnt seem to love it like Wilf did and does. And for that reason he wouldnt come back even if a deal was viable. Weve obviously got Ferguson if he ever gets fit but you feel we might find another gem in our academy anyway. Its an area weve done well in in the past and we generally buy well at full back anyway (pretend Karic and Blake never happened).

Theres no value in us looking at AWB. Hes way down the England pecking order now following the rise of Reece James so if we were to buy at 15-20m what profit are we likely to realise on his next sale. Wed just be eating into the original profit and getting an asset currently no better suited to PVs style than Joel Ward or Nathaniel Clyne.
Agree with most of this but AWB is far better suited than Clyne, who is a barely functioning Prem right back at this stage. Ward has improved dramatically and arguably having his best season, but if AWB was available for 15-20m then that would be an amazing signing.
Old 26-11-2021, 04:34 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I think we should have gone for Livaremento. The buyback isn't ideal but the potential benefits are huge (and looked so at the time)
local from Roundshaw as well, I am sure he will play for England before long, like Smith-Rowe I wish he had been at our academy
Old 26-11-2021, 04:35 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
It's probably more a question of priorities. With Ward playing well, Clyne as back up and Ferguson to look forward to, AWB is not needed half as much as replacements for JimmyMac and Gallagher. Any cash we have needs to go there first and probably another technically capable CB after that.
Jimmy Mac = getting old
Connor = goes back to Chelsea
Kouyate = leaves in summer
Luka = most likely. leaves in summer or this coming window
Jairo = contract goes to 2024 but isnt even making the bench

All our money is gonna get spent on midfielders cause come July 1 its just Jimmy, Hughes and Schlupp (2023)
Old 26-11-2021, 05:51 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
Fifa legend
Old 29-11-2021, 09:12 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AWB was brilliant for us, not buying this ‘he’s not good enough’ nonsense. He has had a complete lack of direction & coaching at an utterly chaotic United. Look at the strides Mitchell has made with clear direction. AWB will improve dramatically over the next 6 months in my opinion. Whether he will ever be good enough going forward for a top side is hard to tell but I would ignore his recent performances as any kind of indicator of his ability, United are a total mess, particularly defensively.
Old 29-11-2021, 01:43 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Completely agree. Wan Bissaka was used to working in a team with a rigid tactical approach and he thrived. He’s been put in a team of individuals with no shape at Man U. Of course he’s going to be exposed as a defender.
Old 29-11-2021, 01:44 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
It’s like they are determined to waste talent