Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 20-08-2021, 11:36 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
There's a new 'Malice at the Palace' documentary on Netflix for anyone who might be interested in delving into more detail about why Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal decided to trade in an almost certain Championship ring for the chance to go postal on a group of drunk Michigans
Cheers for recommending. Excellent documentary.
Old 26-09-2021, 10:00 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
New York City and San Francisco have laws that say in order to enter an NBA arena, you must be vaccinated. Kyrie is already threatening to refuse to play home games instead of getting vaccinated. Word is, there are other Nets players that are refusing the vaccine. As a Hawks fan, I will gladly take this madness.
Old 26-09-2021, 12:39 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
******* idiots.
Old 13-10-2021, 02:31 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks said Tuesday that Kyrie Irving's decision to not comply with New York City's COVID-19 vaccine mandate left the organization with "no choice" but to send him away from the team until he's able to fully participate.

At 11 a.m. Tuesday, the Nets released a statement from Marks stating that the team had decided Irving was not going to have "part-time availability" and that he would be welcomed back once he complied with New York City's mandate.

The vaccine mandate, which went into effect last month, states that anyone entering an indoor gym -- including Brooklyn's Barclays Center and Manhattan's Madison Square Garden, the homes of the Nets and New York Knicks -- must have had at least one COVID-19 shot.

As a result, Irving was unable to play in 43 regular-season games -- 41 at Barclays Center, plus two at MSG -- and another two preseason games in Brooklyn. Marks confirmed Irving would only lose money for those games, roughly $380,000 per game.
Old 14-10-2021, 06:02 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is here
Morning all.

Wondering if there’s someone on here who can help me. I’ve booked flights to LA in December with the intention of finally getting to see the Clippers in person - there’s a back to back just after Christmas I’ve got my eye on.

Obviously travel ban is due to lift, but hasn’t quite happened yet, so am loathe to buy tickets, which I may not get to use. Does anyone on here live in the US and go regularly enough to know how late I can leave it before there’s likely to be no tickets left?

Also, when I do buy where do I buy from to guarantee I’m not gona get ripped? When I Google it I can find any number of companies flogging nba tickets and they can’t all be legit, surely!?
Old 14-10-2021, 08:05 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
Morning all.

Wondering if thereís someone on here who can help me. Iíve booked flights to LA in December with the intention of finally getting to see the Clippers in person - thereís a back to back just after Christmas Iíve got my eye on.

Obviously travel ban is due to lift, but hasnít quite happened yet, so am loathe to buy tickets, which I may not get to use. Does anyone on here live in the US and go regularly enough to know how late I can leave it before thereís likely to be no tickets left?

Also, when I do buy where do I buy from to guarantee Iím not gona get ripped? When I Google it I can find any number of companies flogging nba tickets and they canít all be legit, surely!?
I'm not really sure how it works now because there are so many digital tickets, but there used to be lots of people around the stadium selling tickets. I think for digital season tickets that people are getting rid of, the NBA website has a marketplace system, so I would check there. For third party people, I would suggest Seat Geek, Ticketmaster and Stub Hub.
Old 14-10-2021, 04:12 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Morning all.

Wondering if thereís someone on here who can help me. Iíve booked flights to LA in December with the intention of finally getting to see the Clippers in person - thereís a back to back just after Christmas Iíve got my eye on.

Obviously travel ban is due to lift, but hasnít quite happened yet, so am loathe to buy tickets, which I may not get to use. Does anyone on here live in the US and go regularly enough to know how late I can leave it before thereís likely to be no tickets left?

Also, when I do buy where do I buy from to guarantee Iím not gona get ripped? When I Google it I can find any number of companies flogging nba tickets and they canít all be legit, surely!?
I'd keep an eye on the Staples ticketing web site:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Looks like there are seats available for the Denver game on Boxing Day for $78 in the corners.

The Clippers don't sell out like the Lakers do, especially so early in the season.

I'm sure after going to all the trouble to get there, you wouldn't want to end up in the rafters watch ants run around.

Disclaimer: I last went to see The Clippers when they played at the Sports Area about 35 years ago... I think there was only a couple of thousand there and the were playing the Celtics, so most of those there were Boston fans!
Old 14-10-2021, 05:23 PM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is here
Cheers both - I just had a look around and found pretty good seats for as low as $40 that aren’t in the nose bleeds.

Everything’s just such a gamble at the moment because it’s never definite that you’re going until you’re in the air!

It’s the Nets game I’m most concerned about - I know Clippers don’t generally sell out but I imagine the draw of KD and Harden (maybe Kyrie? Who knows with that guy) will mean more than just Clippers fans looking to go!
Old 15-10-2021, 04:16 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Cheers both - I just had a look around and found pretty good seats for as low as $40 that arenít in the nose bleeds.

Everythingís just such a gamble at the moment because itís never definite that youíre going until youíre in the air!

Itís the Nets game Iím most concerned about - I know Clippers donít generally sell out but I imagine the draw of KD and Harden (maybe Kyrie? Who knows with that guy) will mean more than just Clippers fans looking to go!
You might be surprised how many Nets fans there might be there. Los Angeles is full of displaced New Yorkers and Bostonians. Plus glory hunters, although probably not so in the case of The Nets.

Whenever a New York or Boston team is in town they get pretty good support from the ex-pats (if you can call them that).

I've been to Dodger/Mets, Angels/Yankees and Lakers/Clippers v Celtics games and it can get pretty "lively" in away team support.

Think Man United support in London!
Old 15-10-2021, 06:27 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Well with the Clippers it’s that plus Lakers fans turning up hoping to see the Clippers lose!
Old 15-10-2021, 04:01 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Well with the Clippers itís that plus Lakers fans turning up hoping to see the Clippers lose!
A bit like Palace and Charlton fans.... The Clippers think the Lakers are their rivals, but I'm pretty sure the Clippers are just an annoying neighbor to most Lakers fans.
Old 17-10-2021, 07:54 PM

LesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningLesPaul would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
If Dallas get it right they could go far Doncic is one of the best platers I've ever seen and Porzingis is looking good pre season.
Old 17-10-2021, 09:41 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Way too many Magic fans getting too excited and reckon we will be a top seed in the play offs this year. I will just be happy to get in, but the players we have are superb, they just need time to gel and find a rhythm. It's just unnecessary pressure at this stage to expect that.
Old 20-10-2021, 06:36 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Opening night last night.

Warriors beat the Lakers and the Bucks beat the Nets

So much hype about the Nets this season but I can’t see them winning it. Especially if Irving doesn’t play.
Old 22-10-2021, 07:03 AM
Baller!!!

Not a great start to the season for the Magic, but early days and it will take time to build, not an over night miracle. I guess we just wish the Final score was a bit closer than 26 points the other night.
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Selhurstian

Bulls open the season 3-0. Would be very disappointed if they miss the playoffs this year.
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Don't really follow the NBA, but catch some odd highlights and snippets which are entertaining. Due to already following the Minnesota Vikings, I guess I'd be a Timberwolves fan.

Apparently they're tragic, outside of a baller named Karl Anthony Towns.

Last edited by CP-RJW; Yesterday at 02:51 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM
Baller!!!

We play the Knicks again tonight, currently 0-2 on the season and judging by the scores it hasn't even been close. Hopefully those who said we might be top Playoff seeds have got a grip now.
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM
'What's for dinner?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Don't really follow the NBA, but catch some odd highlights and snippets which are entertaining. Due to already following the Minnesota Vikings, I guess I'd be a Timberwolves fan.

Apparently they're tragic, outside of a baller named Karl Anthony Towns.
I like KAT but I donít think Iíve ever seen a player so miserable and you canít really blame him - constant nonsense teams around him and no effort from the organisation to trade or draft any quality around him.