Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-10-2021, 05:13 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Russia seems to be having a time of it.

Not enough white horses, action man get ups, and fishing lodges for everyone to beat this damn virus like real men.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 13-10-2021, 05:16 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Think mask wearing is what differentiates us from the rest of Europe and case numbers point to a link. Getting pretty worrying again
I don’t think it is just the mask wearing.

France are far more relaxed than the U.K. is about entrance requirements before you get into the country but you need a vaccination or a covid pass before you are allowed in anywhere.

Seems the right way around to me, although my French colleagues would prefer what we have because they think their system is an arse (it really isn’t).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-10-2021, 05:20 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Think mask wearing is what differentiates us from the rest of Europe and case numbers point to a link. Getting pretty worrying again
We aren’t wearing them
Old 13-10-2021, 07:10 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by loz View Post
In my area which has an Rh19 post code it went up quite a bit a couple of weeks ago but is now on the way back down, mind you that cold was doing the rounds a couple of weeks ago so perhaps more people were testing back then ?
What's a cold?
Old 14-10-2021, 06:01 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Everybody wearing masks in the village yesterday. I am so used to it, I forget I have it on.

Wide open, from the crotch to the knee.

Its got a bit of Labrador shit in it too.
Old 14-10-2021, 06:03 AM

Kevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is here
I'm in Slovakia at the moment. Everyone wearing them in shops but I was expecting more widespread use. Not had to wear them in cabs, outside or walking into bars etc.
Old 14-10-2021, 06:27 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Certainly in Edinburgh and I’m guessing the rest of Scotland, it’s only very few that go into shops not wearing a mask, and still still many walking outside with them. I certainly still wear one all day at work in the school I’m at.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 14-10-2021, 06:35 AM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaga Eagle View Post
What's a cold?
Well quite, I had to cancel 3 jobs that week which I would normally have done, because I had a snivel and a bit of a sour throat….we are all going soft.

Wearing a mask when you have a head cold cannot be good for you?
Old 14-10-2021, 06:50 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-10-2021, 07:05 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well quite, I had to cancel 3 jobs that week which I would normally have done, because I had a snivel and a bit of a sour throat….we are all going soft.

A sour throat expressing a sour viewpoint.

I thought this had been explained so many times now, but obviously not.

Wearing a personal mask is good for others. Its not about you.
Old 14-10-2021, 07:07 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Everybody wearing masks in the village yesterday. I am so used to it, I forget I have it on.
Interesting - they’ve pretty much disappeared round where I live, now, outdoors - but the further you go from the centre, the more you see.
Old 14-10-2021, 07:21 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
A sour throat expressing a sour viewpoint.

I thought this had been explained so many times now, but obviously not.

Wearing a personal mask is good for others. Its not about you.
I'm a mask wearer, but this is really not as definitive as your post suggest.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-10-2021, 07:24 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Flew back from Lanzarote a month ago, got on a train home from Gatwick and was pleased to see that the pandemic was over.
Old 14-10-2021, 07:38 AM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I'm a mask wearer, but this is really not as definitive as your post suggest.
I think it probably is true (ie protects you and others - quantum to be debated) if you wear medical grade masks - but of course most of us dont (at least in the UK), where the benefit of an occasionally washed bit of cloth seems less clear

Last edited by Philipw; 14-10-2021 at 07:41 AM.
Old 14-10-2021, 01:06 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
I think it probably is true (ie protects you and others - quantum to be debated) if you wear medical grade masks - but of course most of us dont (at least in the UK), where the benefit of an occasionally washed bit of cloth seems less clear
Do you all see where I am coming from?

We are at 18 months of people continuing to argue the toss on these issues, constantly. Every aspect, whether it be mask wearing, vaccine effectiveness, catching the virus inside or outside, effectiveness of lockdowns.

Now, there seems to be a suggestion that a good number of mask wearers are using cloth masks rather than the paper ones. And that seems to be an excuse to dispense of mask wearing altogether.

It all rings of 'this is personally inconvenient for me, so I will throw up any piece of whataboutery - hopefully that will lead to enough of a clamour to get things changed'.

Just continue to take a few precautions people, and stop whining about it. And get yourself jabbed.

Old 14-10-2021, 01:22 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
You miss the point again Peter. I wear masks in shops, but I don’t think that it does any good. I just do it to be a good citizen.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-10-2021, 02:02 PM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Why?
I said that tongue in cheek….but breathing in and out all your coughs and snots while trapped in a mask.

BTW I do wear a mask in shops and where I think I should, but if I walk into a factory like I did this morning and no one was wearing one, I take mine off.
Old 14-10-2021, 02:18 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Do you all see where I am coming from?

We are at 18 months of people continuing to argue the toss on these issues, constantly. Every aspect, whether it be mask wearing, vaccine effectiveness, catching the virus inside or outside, effectiveness of lockdowns.

Now, there seems to be a suggestion that a good number of mask wearers are using cloth masks rather than the paper ones. And that seems to be an excuse to dispense of mask wearing altogether.

It all rings of 'this is personally inconvenient for me, so I will throw up any piece of whataboutery - hopefully that will lead to enough of a clamour to get things changed'.

Just continue to take a few precautions people, and stop whining about it. And get yourself jabbed.

You've been in Chile too long - hardly anyone in the UK wears true medical grade masks. Most wear cloth but even most of the paper ones being worn are not medical grade. The same is also true for much of the rest of Europe, albeit I think there is a greater use of medical product in some countries. It doesn't mean that non medical grade masks shouldn't be worn - just need to acknowledge the potentially more limited benefit in doing so.

Last edited by Philipw; 14-10-2021 at 02:31 PM.
Old 14-10-2021, 03:01 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I’m surprised to hear that - about 80% of the masks I see here are surgical masks and 10% N95. I do suspect the people wearing the cloth ones are the anti mask zealot types. Which is weird because they look harder to take off.
Old 14-10-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
You've been in Chile too long -
I think I have been in Chile just about the right amount of time. TBH

Glad I am here these days, all things considered. Despite its many faults.