Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-10-2021, 05:35 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
Does he read the BBS? He’s just posted a clip on Instagram doing some jogging on the training pitch at Copers Cope
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Can’t be him, part of the BBS reckons he’ll never walk again let alone play….he’s due to join Alex Marrow in the world beyond….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 13-10-2021, 05:50 PM

Cuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Actually, he’s only shown from behind. Could be a ringer 🤔 😉
Old 13-10-2021, 05:56 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Glad to see he’s on his way back. Obviously never seen him play, but after all this time out, I’m sure everyone will have their fingers crossed he can make it with us.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 13-10-2021, 06:02 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
he’s due to join Alex Marrow in the world beyond….
RIP Alex. Gone but never forgotten
Old 13-10-2021, 06:20 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
RIP Alex. Gone but never forgotten
Last seen at AFC Fylde….not sure which is worse really…

Old 13-10-2021, 06:37 PM

orp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorp pisshead1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I don't have a view of him as a player either way yet because the guy has only played 21 games in the Championship and nothing else. Those games were spread over left and right back positions.

I think it's reasonable to question why the club would take the risk of signing him as a relatively unproven youngster with such a bad injury that the club knew would keep him out for a good while at best. However, the answer has to be that the DOF was convinced that he will make a good PL player and represent very good value and it was a risk they were willing to take for a larger reward. Neither the player, nor the club could know exactly what would happen injury wise and so 'blame' can't be allocated. A lot on here blame Wickham for being injured all of the time and make up spurious reasons as to why it's his own fault, so expect the same for Nathan before long. To date it hasn't worked out and by the time he starts playing the time remaining in contract won't be ideal and the club will need to make a call on extending the risk to get any reward at all or cut and run. I just hope that he can get fit as something like this must be a nightmare for any player.
While i understand your concerns re injury but I wouldn’t really question his talent Martin. Hail from a large Baggies family and they rate him very highly and had right hump when we got him . I remember being at Palace v Barnsley for Clyne's debut and saying to a mate that he’ll play for England. Sometimes you can just see it in front of you. I suspect the club see NF in the same way. So want him to recover and have a great career at SP plus he fits in with recent recruitment policy
Old 13-10-2021, 07:02 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
While i understand your concerns re injury but I wouldn’t really question his talent Martin. Hail from a large Baggies family and they rate him very highly and had right hump when we got him . I remember being at Palace v Barnsley for Clyne's debut and saying to a mate that he’ll play for England. Sometimes you can just see it in front of you. I suspect the club see NF in the same way. So want him to recover and have a great career at SP plus he fits in with recent recruitment policy
He was in fact, the signing that kick started the new recruitment policy.
Old 13-10-2021, 07:15 PM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Last seen at AFC Fylde….not sure which is worse really…
We went to AFC Fylde 2 v Bromley 2 a few years ago and Burnley v Palace the next day (might even have been de Boer's last stand?)
Old 13-10-2021, 08:01 PM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great to see him training. Hope he continues his recovery and establishes himself. Lot of crap written on here about him.
Old 13-10-2021, 10:55 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
It must have been my poor choice of words because I wasn't so much expressing concerns over what's happened, more sticking up for those asking reasonable questions about it. My assumption (as I was trying to say) is that the club really must rate him for them to have persevered and taken that calculated risk. What I do question is the certainty some have on here that 'he is' the chosen one and Ward is just ticking over until the guy is fit. No fan has anything but hope and I would say 99% of them haven't see him play more than a handful of games. It's good, and encouraging, to hear the thoughts of your Baggies kin because they will have at least seen him before his injury. We all have to hope that it all comes right but to be realistic about it, none of us know how he will do. Most of all, I feel for him as every twinge must make him cringe and it will take him a while to trust his body again I would think. He has the support at the club and that means a lot I am sure.

Looking forward to seeing him myself TBH. I did watch a couple of WBA games and thought that he looked more comfortable at left back but the sample was far too small to claim that as accurate.
Old 13-10-2021, 11:48 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
It must have been my poor choice of words because I wasn't so much expressing concerns over what's happened, more sticking up for those asking reasonable questions about it. My assumption (as I was trying to say) is that the club really must rate him for them to have persevered and taken that calculated risk. What I do question is the certainty some have on here that 'he is' the chosen one and Ward is just ticking over until the guy is fit. No fan has anything but hope and I would say 99% of them haven't see him play more than a handful of games. It's good, and encouraging, to hear the thoughts of your Baggies kin because they will have at least seen him before his injury. We all have to hope that it all comes right but to be realistic about it, none of us know how he will do. Most of all, I feel for him as every twinge must make him cringe and it will take him a while to trust his body again I would think. He has the support at the club and that means a lot I am sure.

Looking forward to seeing him myself TBH. I did watch a couple of WBA games and thought that he looked more comfortable at left back but the sample was far too small to claim that as accurate.
There wasn't really much risk, a meniscus tear isn't an uncommon injury for a footballer and a full recovery is expected. He was very advanced in the recovery process when he signed for us so I would imagine he was in good shape when he did his medical for the second time.

He's just been unfortunate to pull his quad and then tear his achilles.
Old 14-10-2021, 12:03 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
There wasn't really much risk, a meniscus tear isn't an uncommon injury for a footballer and a full recovery is expected. He was very advanced in the recovery process when he signed for us so I would imagine he was in good shape when he did his medical for the second time.

Are you suggesting that the injury he had at WBA was a simple meniscus tear? i.e. the one that lowered our original bid and that he had an operation for?
Old 14-10-2021, 12:52 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Are you suggesting that the injury he had at WBA was a simple meniscus tear? i.e. the one that lowered our original bid and that he had an operation for?
Crystal Palace retain an interest in West Brom’s Nathan Ferguson after the defender underwent surgery this week.

The full-back’s proposed £11million move from Albion to Palace on January deadline day was called off after medical examinations revealed a torn meniscus.

Old 14-10-2021, 06:13 AM

FMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is hereFMH57 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Or was he just unfortunate to be making a comeback when there seemed to be an unusually high amount of training ground injures under old school management/training methods with little heed to the sport science side of things?
Old 14-10-2021, 06:19 AM

omph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fineomph is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Does this mean we have a completely empty treatment room?

My memory only goes back to 1976
Old 14-10-2021, 06:59 AM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
I recall that there were different views between Palace and WBA on the severity of the issue. I think he had been playing with the injury for a while (like Olise with his back issue). WBA seemed to opt for rest and rehab, while as soon as he joined us we went for surgery as a stronger long term fix. That probably kept him out until around January - 6 months in to his time with us, so our expectation was that he would have been in the squad for the second half of the season. He then had a muscle injury, a common issue when coming back after any significant time out, but was in pretty much full training well before the end of the season.

Hodgson said he didn’t feel a need to rush him back but wanted him to have a full pre season and be ready to go for August. Then of course the totally separate and unconnected achillies injury occurred.

Old 14-10-2021, 07:01 AM

aashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaashman12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Crystal Palace retain an interest in West Brom’s Nathan Ferguson after the defender underwent surgery this week.

The full-back’s proposed £11million move from Albion to Palace on January deadline day was called off after medical examinations revealed a torn meniscus.

11m seems very steep for us.
Old 14-10-2021, 07:10 AM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
Very much doubt it was that, although that might have been their price. He only had 6 months in his contract. Outside of the injury, there were reports of a difference in valuation, and we were prepared to wait like we did with Guaita.

Old 14-10-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
That was with addons, the initial fee was £8m.
Old 14-10-2021, 07:31 AM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
No way will he walk straight into the first team, would be very unfair on Ward.
Agree. I think Ward has actually improved over the past two seasons.