Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-12-2021, 09:10 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
Have to ask how his birth mother did not have custody or have any contact to know what was going on? I canít bring myself to read the story but how can no one outside his abusers have not had an inkling as to the abuse being committed. Sadly it will happen again one day.
The paternal grandfather even reported it.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:12 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
My comment was more to do with sentencing policies.

I did not watch the videos of that young kid as I was already emotional reading what I would see and hear.

There is something fundamentaly wrong with these 'parents' but it just seems that these lengthy sentences bear little relationship to the crimes of others who have caused misery to numerous people.

A minimum of 30 years to drug dealers etc. are likely to be more of a deterrent than emotionally damaged people.
Why do you feel the need to compare it to other crimes? It feels/sounds dismissive to comment 'bit what about xxxx'.

This was abhorrent? they deserve what they get. end of.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:33 PM

Spiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpiderman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I think i read that his mum was in prison for killing her partner.
She is indeed. Must also spare a thought for the children of the woman. Although they now be better off
Old 03-12-2021, 09:36 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is truly horrendous, I can't remember reading or watching something as harrowing as this. That poor poor boy RIP Arthur, you are safe now
Old 03-12-2021, 09:38 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
Have to ask how his birth mother did not have custody or have any contact to know what was going on? I can’t bring myself to read the story but how can no one outside his abusers have not had an inkling as to the abuse being committed. Sadly it will happen again one day.
absolutely horrendous. I wonder how much covid contributed with social services reducing house visits/checks.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:47 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfunk View Post
One of the most horrible stories I've heard in a long time.

The recording of him saying "no-one loves me, no-one will feed me" is harrowing.

No punishment is too strong for the dad and his girlfriend. I think they've been let off lightly with the sentences handed to them. Hopefully, we don't have to pay for them to be kept in protective custody.

Social services need stronger powers to be able to take kids away from abusive households quicker. We've got the balance of risk wrong. There's a fear that vulnerable kids will be taken away unnecessarily, the impact of that doesn't outweigh the affect of leaving a vulnerable child in an abusive household longer than necessary because the burden of proof required is prohibitively high.
Tears for me too - made the mistake of reading the story late last night and then had to correct my mood with some comedy before bedtime.

As a father of a young lad, I felt physically sickened and haven't really shaken it off yet. And I'm not shocked by much.

And I totally agree with you about the balance of risk. We've got mates who adopted two brothers who were taken into care after their mother treated them inexplicably. It was the right outcome in the end but took way too long.

You look at those innocent, joyful lads with so much to offer the world and feel shocked that their lives were on such a dark course. They're going to need a lot of support when they're older.

Even as the wanky liberal tosspot I am, I start to question my views on prison reform and sentencing with stories like this. And it doesn't bear thinking about that somewhere in this country, right now, another young kid is suffering in the same way.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:58 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Some people are so broken they're lost. All we can do is protect society from them. I don't think they'll see the outside of a prison again. I'm ok with that.

I don't believe in evil, but today, I think I might be wrong.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:08 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Prison is too good and a waste of money. I would send them straight to landfill.

When they go to prision, put them on normal wings. See how long they survive.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:12 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Csnt even bring myself to think what a horrible short painful sad life that innocent little boy had.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:12 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have to ask is 29 years minimum right when drug dealers profiting from millions, and the resulting misery they cause, receive less than 15 years.

What these people did is despicable but one has tio wonder what sort of environment they have been brought up in.
It's not enough.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:13 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
I canít bring myself to read it.

Hope they get the worst life sentence ever served. I hope itís ******* barbaric.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didnít vote for a Brexit.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:19 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
I'm finding this news story a really difficult thing to get out of my head. I find myself thinking about it often. I try not to think about how lonely and scared and unloved he must have felt. I have a 2 year old and it's making me want to smother him with love and affection and try and make him feel as safe as possible. I'm struggling to think of the last time I was so affected by a news story.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:26 PM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
i read some of the early reports on this case and I had to stop because I just couldn't take it in. It was too heartbreaking and almost unbelievable. Then I accidentally stumbled on 'the video' and I'll admit that it made me cry. I still struggled to read the latest news reports. What that evil pair did to that poor lad is beyond horrific. They should both have been given a whole life tariff. I can't think of any reason why they should ever be free.

Last edited by firesign; 03-12-2021 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:29 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
My comment was more to do with sentencing policies.

I did not watch the videos of that young kid as I was already emotional reading what I would see and hear.

There is something fundamentaly wrong with these 'parents' but it just seems that these lengthy sentences bear little relationship to the crimes of others who have caused misery to numerous people.

A minimum of 30 years to drug dealers etc. are likely to be more of a deterrent than emotionally damaged people.
Do these life sentences include everyone in the alcohol trade from brewers to supermarket workers and those in the tobacco business from Philip Morris to your local newsagent?

And then there is the millions addicted to prescription drugs... time to lock up every GP and Pharmacist in the country and let those who torture 6 year olds to death out of prison to free up cell space for the drug purveyors?

There again you might just be an ignorant twat
Old 03-12-2021, 10:37 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
I couldn't read the full report and also found myself turning off the radio when the news came on.

The horror is indescribable, how can you possibly knowingly inflict such things on a child?
Old 03-12-2021, 10:50 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I'm finding this news story a really difficult thing to get out of my head. I find myself thinking about it often. I try not to think about how lonely and scared and unloved he must have felt. I have a 2 year old and it's making me want to smother him with love and affection and try and make him feel as safe as possible. I'm struggling to think of the last time I was so affected by a news story.
I feel the same. Iím trying not to think about it but my mind keeps wandering back and I find myself with tears streaming down my face. But itís weirdly reassuring to know that there are others that have also been shaken so profoundly by this horrific story. My little boy has been getting a lot of extra unexpected cuddles today.

Iím not a believer in all that good v evil black and white biblical type stuff. But people like this make me question myself. How can anyone who can do that to a small child be anything but pure evil.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:55 PM
Natus Londini ad austrum

Aquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAquila_17 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I couldn't read the full report and also found myself turning off the radio when the news came on.

The horror is indescribable, how can you possibly knowingly inflict such things on a child?
Same here and only because I could never put into words the horror I sense for the child, I can only say that I also feel very sorry for all those who had to deal with this in the courtroom. The burden of dealing with what they had to listen to must be very heavy on them.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:03 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Do these life sentences include everyone in the alcohol trade from brewers to supermarket workers and those in the tobacco business from Philip Morris to your local newsagent?

And then there is the millions addicted to prescription drugs... time to lock up every GP and Pharmacist in the country and let those who torture 6 year olds to death out of prison to free up cell space for the drug purveyors?

There again you might just be an ignorant twat
That is some jump from drug dealers to my local newsagent and pharmacy.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 03-12-2021, 11:25 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
That is some jump from drug dealers to my local newsagent and pharmacy.
I assume the point is that there are far far more people addicted to legal and prescription drugs than anything else
Old 03-12-2021, 11:41 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
It’s a rather specious and irrelevant point.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ