Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:25 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Rafa?

Newcastle was thought to be a step-down for him - Palace!
Old 05-04-2021, 08:42 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Newcastle was thought to be a step-down for him - Palace!
He’s an international version of Bruce, he goes wherever the most money is

Hence why he went to a pub league for a year
Old 05-04-2021, 08:46 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Nah, he destined for a top 6 club.
In the Championship, maybe.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:51 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Telegraph reports that we have 50 million to spend on 4 players, plus two loans on top. Can see this being enough to tempt big sam, who may want back into football longer term
Old 05-04-2021, 08:52 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Telegraph reports that we have 50 million to spend on 4 players, plus two loans on top. Can see this being enough to tempt big sam, who may want back into football longer term
It's not April 1st
Old 05-04-2021, 08:55 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post

He retired from football - it's why we released him from his contract early - unless he lied to us?
Old 05-04-2021, 09:08 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People need to get over their obsession with Big Sam. So overrated especially now.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:18 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE View Post
People need to get over their obsession with Big Sam. So overrated especially now.
Big Sam always wins, his teams may consistently lose but that's the players fault, Big Sam always wins
Old 05-04-2021, 09:23 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Just had a rolling disagreement with a Celtic fan on Twatter. Blimey just realised Eddie Howe won't fit us unless we bin the entire squad and start again. I actually really like him but we probably need someone else maybe a teeny bit older with a better record in the transfer market. Which means now I've said that Lampard is going to be turning up.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:24 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
West Brom have definitely improved under Big Sam. They have shape now and a plan. Wilder’s managerial statistics are excellent. He can clearly coach teams (just wouldn’t want him to be in charge of transfers). Dyche is proven at making average players better and using a system that works. I think all three would be good managers, and less risky than some untried options from outside the PL or country.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:28 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I don’t buy into the whole ‘we’d have to rebuild the squad for Howe to work.’ He got a tune out of the likes of Marc Pugh, Harry Arter, Charlie Daniels, Junior Stanislas etc at prem level.

Not that I particular want him here (though I’d take him over someone like Lampard all day), but just my thoughts.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil View Post
West Brom have definitely improved under Big Sam. They have shape now and a plan. Wilder’s managerial statistics are excellent. He can clearly coach teams (just wouldn’t want him to be in charge of transfers). Dyche is proven at making average players better and using a system that works. I think all three would be good managers, and less risky than some untried options from outside the PL or country.

BFS brought in players - Bilic could have done that if he'd been allowed and they probably wouldn't be in the shithole they are now if they'd let him.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:43 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
He retired from football - it's why we released him from his contract early - unless he lied to us?
First big sam is not my preferred option , but he is an option and in my opinion better than some mentioned.

Lots of people retire and then change their mind , or for the good of both parties agree a reason for leaving , rather than saying for instance cpfc are skint .
Old 05-04-2021, 09:48 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Four goals and seven points from their previous 10 games before this weekend says differently.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:56 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
West Brom have definitely improved under Big Sam.
Slightly improved. With his January recruits... They were 3 points off safety, now 8
Old 05-04-2021, 10:17 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I don’t buy into the whole ‘we’d have to rebuild the squad for Howe to work.’ He got a tune out of the likes of Marc Pugh, Harry Arter, Charlie Daniels, Junior Stanislas etc at prem level.

Not that I particular want him here (though I’d take him over someone like Lampard all day), but just my thoughts.
The problem is he actually built a young side at Bournemouth and that season where they overcame a huge point deficit started a run that ended in the prem for that group. When he had to cycle that team and begin the rebuild that's when the wheels fell off. He also has difficulty managing older senior players. He fell out hugely with Defoe. Failed badly with Glenn. Mismanaged Ibe. ****ed up with Fraser. His actual man management is not great if you don't fit the particular player template/attitude that he needs. He has said himself he really struggles with players that are happy with their game. We know how good Glenn is and how good Defoe is. Howe managed to alienate them.

I actually like his football and had thought he'd be alright for us. The issue is Roy outthought him several times. He spent as much as us on wages. More than us in transfer fees and managed to finish above us once in five years.

He's like the young Pardew. Constantly coming from behind. Attack attack attack. Can't set up a defence concedes from set pieces left right and centre.

God knows who we're going to get but looking at it. As much as I don't want Dyche. Right now I actually think Dyche, Parker, Benitez or Wilder might be what we actually need. More defensively minded coaches. Personally I'd prefer Parker or Benitez. But to get Benitez we'd have to convince him that the idea of winning a cup, building the stadium and challenging for the Europa league is something we are definitely doing.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:31 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
So we need a manager who with the current squad could do drills and make they play a system that won’t get us relegated. I think I’ve found one... Roy!
Old 05-04-2021, 11:25 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
The problem is he actually built a young side at Bournemouth and that season where they overcame a huge point deficit started a run that ended in the prem for that group. When he had to cycle that team and begin the rebuild that's when the wheels fell off. He also has difficulty managing older senior players. He fell out hugely with Defoe. Failed badly with Glenn. Mismanaged Ibe. ****ed up with Fraser. His actual man management is not great if you don't fit the particular player template/attitude that he needs. He has said himself he really struggles with players that are happy with their game. We know how good Glenn is and how good Defoe is. Howe managed to alienate them.

I actually like his football and had thought he'd be alright for us. The issue is Roy outthought him several times. He spent as much as us on wages. More than us in transfer fees and managed to finish above us once in five years.

He's like the young Pardew. Constantly coming from behind. Attack attack attack. Can't set up a defence concedes from set pieces left right and centre.

God knows who we're going to get but looking at it. As much as I don't want Dyche. Right now I actually think Dyche, Parker, Benitez or Wilder might be what we actually need. More defensively minded coaches. Personally I'd prefer Parker or Benitez. But to get Benitez we'd have to convince him that the idea of winning a cup, building the stadium and challenging for the Europa league is something we are definitely doing.
Can’t see how we would Rafa’s transfer expectations. He is another one that manages the Board via the media which won’t go down well and would he accept the DOF calling the odds on transfers ? Unless a buyer is in the wings I can’t see it tbh.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:03 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
There are now only a handful of games left in the season, and yet we still haven't been linked with anyone that you would really expect to improve on what Hodgson has done here. I don't think Hodgson is exciting and ideally, him going at the end of this season could work out best for all parties. But only if we have a decent guy to come in and replace him. The way Howe has become a favourite on here is a little bit mad. Every manager being suggested here has taken teams in our position down, other than Allardyce who is about to do just that with WBA...

It isn't exciting right now, but it also isn't broken. If Hodgson is happy to go on, perhaps he is the best option?
Old 06-04-2021, 06:45 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Maybe Hodgson is just a cut above any manager who customarily manages at this level, so the only way to improve on him is to find an up and coming coach who hasn't found his level yet?
And in that market, there are a hell of a lot more frogs than Prince Charmings, and if you pick a frog, you get relegated. So we are looking at managers who are worse than Hodgson, but perhaps only a bit worse, or are simply younger.