Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:49 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
How can he be a FDB Mark II when this guy has actually won trophies in different countries and is currently a Europa League Manager?
To be fair FdB won the Dutch league four years running which was a record. Obvious FdB has stuffed up everywhere outside of Ajax.

Last edited by spt1978; 06-04-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:53 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
It’s so embarrassing when we call every foreign coach FdB Mk II
Makes us look like a bunch of inbred flag wavers.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:55 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
It’s so embarrassing when we call every foreign coach FdB Mk II
Makes us look like a bunch of inbred flag wavers.
Good job no one has then.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:50 PM

Brodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2021:
Ward (31), Clyne (30), Hennessey (34), Van Aanholt (30), Dann (34), Sakho (31), Cahill (35), Townsend (29), Benteke (30), Wickham (28), Batshuayi (27)

2022:
Tomkins (32), Kelly (30), Kouyate (31), McArthur (33), McCarthy (30), Ayew (29), Mateta (23)

2023:
Butland (28), Guaita (34), Milivojevic (29), Zaha (28)

That is an absolute monster rebuild. I was warming up to the idea of Roy continuing before I looked into the player contract end dates. The only way you can let Roy stay is if he agrees to oversee the whole rebuild for me. That is near enough a whole squad overhaul in 2 seasons.

I'm not sure that giving Roy just a year does anything but kick the can down the road for a season, with potentially even bigger issues to contend with if we end up offering a number of the players due to leave at the end of the season a new deal. There's a solid chance that a good number of the contracts ending in 2022 will need to be replaced rather than offered new deals. How long can we continue like this? I'm not sure that we can see out this 2 year period without going down. Especially if we're not brave this summer.

Is Roy likely to agree to a 2 year deal? I'm not sure. On that basis alone I think we need to be contemplating ripping the plaster off and giving a new manager a chance to really rebuild us. If Roy agrees to a two year deal I would definitely consider giving him the chance to oversee it, but I have doubts about whether he's the right man to do it given the sheer size of the job at hand and his preference for experienced players.

Whoever gets the chance, I really do not envy them. It's almost impossible to overhaul a squad that quickly and being successful at the same time.

Last edited by Brodie Lee; 06-04-2021 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:30 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
No idea of what he's like at Roma but he sounds alright from his time at Shaktar (not that I expect it to happen)

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-04-2021, 06:33 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
No idea of what he's like at Roma but he sounds alright from his time at Shaktar (not that I expect it to happen)

Roma fans divided. Actually many think he’ll be out at the end of the season anyway
Old 07-04-2021, 06:55 AM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolley View Post
My good self will be in a state of "Surprise" if a new manager is appointed from abroad.
Why do you continue to refer to yourself as "my good self" when the single letter "I" is so much simpler to type.

I've noticed that you use other stilted language too and wonder if that's why no-one ever responds to you
Old 07-04-2021, 07:00 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post

I don't think my washing machine would cope with all the extra work that formation would create. Imagine Kouyate and Cahill out wide, with Luka and Jairo the last men before keeper. As brilliant a shot stopper as Guaita is, I'm not always convinced by some of his distribution.

I think his 4231 might have to be a bit more conventional with our current squad
Old 07-04-2021, 07:07 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian J View Post
Why do you continue to refer to yourself as "my good self" when the single letter "I" is so much simpler to type.

I've noticed that you use other stilted language too and wonder if that's why no-one ever responds to you
It's because it's not real. It's someone's idea of a funny "character"
Old 07-04-2021, 07:17 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:

Are you new here?
Old 07-04-2021, 07:24 AM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Are you new here?
Not new but not a regular either. I mainly read the academy thread to find out what's going on with (hopefully) the next generation
Old 07-04-2021, 07:25 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not new but not a regular either. I mainly read the academy thread to find out what's going on with (hopefully) the next generation
Willo from HOL dates from about 1999 and has been posting here as "Trolley" over a similar period.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:11 AM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone who has won trophey's like he's done and knock pep out of the champions league is fine by me.

I remember him as a player.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:16 AM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is he the guy that after beating Man City in the Champions League turned up to the press conference as Zorro? I could get on board with that.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:28 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz41 View Post
Is he the guy that after beating Man City in the Champions League turned up to the press conference as Zorro? I could get on board with that.
He is that guy yeah. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 07-04-2021, 08:35 AM

Eagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Black came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz41 View Post
Yes that's him.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:37 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I don't think my washing machine would cope with all the extra work that formation would create. Imagine Kouyate and Cahill out wide, with Luka and Jairo the last men before keeper. As brilliant a shot stopper as Guaita is, I'm not always convinced by some of his distribution.

I think his 4231 might have to be a bit more conventional with our current squad
Yeah whilst reading i did think we may need some personnel changes if we were to implement that properly
Old 07-04-2021, 08:48 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie Lee View Post
2021:
Ward (31), Clyne (30), Hennessey (34), Van Aanholt (30), Dann (34), Sakho (31), Cahill (35), Townsend (29), Benteke (30), Wickham (28), Batshuayi (27)

2022:
Tomkins (32), Kelly (30), Kouyate (31), McArthur (33), McCarthy (30), Ayew (29), Mateta (23)

2023:
Butland (28), Guaita (34), Milivojevic (29), Zaha (28)

That is an absolute monster rebuild. I was warming up to the idea of Roy continuing before I looked into the player contract end dates. The only way you can let Roy stay is if he agrees to oversee the whole rebuild for me. That is near enough a whole squad overhaul in 2 seasons.

I'm not sure that giving Roy just a year does anything but kick the can down the road for a season, with potentially even bigger issues to contend with if we end up offering a number of the players due to leave at the end of the season a new deal. There's a solid chance that a good number of the contracts ending in 2022 will need to be replaced rather than offered new deals. How long can we continue like this? I'm not sure that we can see out this 2 year period without going down. Especially if we're not brave this summer.

Is Roy likely to agree to a 2 year deal? I'm not sure. On that basis alone I think we need to be contemplating ripping the plaster off and giving a new manager a chance to really rebuild us. If Roy agrees to a two year deal I would definitely consider giving him the chance to oversee it, but I have doubts about whether he's the right man to do it given the sheer size of the job at hand and his preference for experienced players.

Whoever gets the chance, I really do not envy them. It's almost impossible to overhaul a squad that quickly and being successful at the same time.
You raise some very interesting and also worrying stats Brodie unfortunately it is nothing new, and something our Board are responsible for allowing this shambolic situation to get to this point.
Now is that down to the American financial backing in strengthening the squad did not materalise after they became disillusioned? who knows the true reasons, but surely we should not have to totally depended on them alone, especially when the club also recieve a kings ransom from premiership membership, can it just be down to poor management you have to ask.
I felt when appointing Roy Hodgson now nearly Four Years ago was a masterstroke and so it has turned out, but the process of rebuilding should have begun after his First season when saving the club from relegation when the writing was on the wall and cleary change was needed, and we then would not be it the position we now face of having the Oldest squad in the premiership but also with 12 senior players out of contract.
How do we move forward this summer? let me say firstly that i am a big supporter of Roy Hodgson and the stirling work he has done working with an understrength squad and especially without a goalscorer for nearly THREE seasons and still survive relegation, those achievements beggars belief and that should never be forgotten.
But i feel this summer is the right time for change as realistically RH approaches 74 if not now then when? however i would have no issues if Roy was given another Year but regardless whoever is in charge will need to be backed financially, however if Roy a true gentleman that is respected in football circles but also with a genuine fondness for CPFC was to leave then be rewarded with an Ambassadorial role so as to sell the merits of the club. And with half the squad out of contract can there be a better time or reason for not introducing a new manager, who is then able to bring in his "own" players to play the style/system of his choice, we are now into our Eighth season of continous premiership football we need to ensure stability and progress which is long overdue is made, we need to get it right this summer.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:02 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
It's because it's not real. It's someone's idea of a funny "character"

I think you mean it’s someone’s idea of a “funny” character.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:18 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post

I reckon

Gazza, Tonka/Chieck, Fergie/Ward in a back line could work if you have Clyne as the right wingback it's the back up though. Also if Jairo as the DM could drop in to make a back four if needed. The issue is we would need to keep PVA and see how Mitchell does as a WB. Could Jeff do that job? We do actually play out from the back now and we do cycle it through the FBs a lot. Something that we were not really capable of when FDB turned up. The issue I suppose would be Wards passing and ability to get up and down. He'd only play as the outside right CB I think.

We would need a much better partner for Jairo though. You'd have to use one of Luka or Jairo. We'd end up needing to bring in two midfielders with the quality of Yohan to make that formation work in the midfield I think.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 07-04-2021 at 11:22 AM.