Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:36 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At Chelsea Lampard was better with youth than he was trying to embed £200m worth of players, which will suit us. Although, i think Id prefer Howe, out of the two of them.

Interesting to see what direction we'll go
Old 10-04-2021, 07:38 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post
At Chelsea Lampard was better with youth than he was trying to embed £200m worth of players, which will suit us. Although, i think Id prefer Howe, out of the two of them.

Interesting to see what direction we'll go
I did originally want Howe but after doing some reading on coaches voice I think with what we are doing with the academy. Lampard and Morris would suit us more.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:41 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingfield Eagle View Post
After seeing what Tuchel has done with Chelsea today I'm less keen on Lampard. Beginning to think he should have done better with the talent at his disposal.

What about how he did when West Brom visited?
Old 10-04-2021, 07:43 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
What about how he did when West Brom visited?
Early red card and several wondergoals flew in?

He’s right, Lampard was out of his depth. Seems uncharacteristic for you to defend a potential Roy replacement!
Old 10-04-2021, 07:44 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
I did originally want Howe but after doing some reading on coaches voice I think with what we are doing with the academy. Lampard and Morris would suit us more.
You could be right. When you look at the investment in the academy, it makes perfect sense to look at a manager who is going to make the most of it and bring those academy players through. Even more so when the U18s are smashing it, a new voice with a fresh approach to younger players would be great
Old 10-04-2021, 07:46 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
My feeling is this is possibly the best squad Chelsea has ever had - I think this will be proved correct over the next twelve months. If so, what does that say about Lampard?
Old 10-04-2021, 07:48 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
My feeling is this is possibly the best squad Chelsea has ever had - I think this will be proved correct over the next twelve months. If so, what does that say about Lampard?
In that first 30 mins, they were very, very good but Palace didn't half make it easy for them.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:51 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Early red card and several wondergoals flew in?

Heís right, Lampard was out of his depth. Seems uncharacteristic for you to defend a potential Roy replacement!

I can see Lampard working with Roy funnily enough.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:53 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
So who then?
Stick with Roy for another year. Oversee the turbulent summer. Plan for the season after next with a manager that we actually want rather than those listed
Old 10-04-2021, 07:54 PM
mikeb

mikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Please no
Old 10-04-2021, 07:55 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I can see Lampard working with Roy funnily enough.
I’d be happy with that if it was realistic. Sadly, I don’t think it is.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:55 PM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Stick with Roy for another year. Oversee the turbulent summer. Plan for the season after next with a manager that we actually want rather than those listed
So what happens if the new Manager next summer doesnít want any of the players brought in this summer. We then have to fund another rebuild?
Old 10-04-2021, 07:56 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
A 1 year deal for a manager that everyone knows is going, a dead duck

It never ends well does it?
Old 10-04-2021, 07:57 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Who is the manager we want that we canít get now?

The managers unemployed now are as good as itís going to get. Or alternatively we can spend a few million poaching Dyche or someone from abroad which is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

In a year when we have spent our transfer pot we are going to be less desirable to a new manager as they wonít have input on the signings that have already been made.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:58 PM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicobos View Post
50% sounds like a shockingly low win percentage for a Chelsea side with the players at their disposal.
I donít want Lampard but 50% is decent for any manager (assuming he could hold it that high long term).
Old 10-04-2021, 08:04 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
In that first 30 mins, they were very, very good but Palace didn't half make it easy for them.
Undoubtedly, itís just Iíve seen them a few times in the last month. I wouldnít put it past them to win the championsí league.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:08 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
This is exactly what we should be doing. You look at the top sides and they all have managers that they have planned for and then gone and got them. Pep at City and Klopp at Liverpool both spring to mind. It's the rush jobs that don't normally work out like Moyes at Man United and Jose at Spurs. Let's pinpoint a manager we want and engage with them a lot over the course of next season and get a real feel of for what they are all about, before getting them in and changing things into their style.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:10 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't know but he put the platform of that squad together. Got them into the Champions League and a cup final. It's sounding like he didn't want either of the two german lads and was far more wanting Declan Rice. So he was targeting defensive strengthening as opposed to attacking reinforcements.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:11 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Sorry, that would be a terrible idea.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:11 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
It probably is. Iím not convinced of Lampard as a manager yet, but also donít think he was given time given the turnover of players they had. He was still finding his best 11 when sacked.