Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-04-2021, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
We were flying when he took over, absolutely flying and he lef alone to begin with but as soon as he started tweaking things we got worse and worse and only just scrapped into the play offs.

I reckon if Dougie had stayed we would have got into the play offs super easily probably coming 3rd or 4th.

However, Holloway's experience in the play offs was critical. He got it completely right, for those three key games I will always be grateful.

I am not sure Dougie would have got us up
Agree with this. We also know that the pressure is quite different when you get down to that run-in, especially with a squad with very few players who had been in such territory before. In fact it's pure fantasy and wishful thinking.

Who knows what would have happened if Dougie stayed but the argument we would have definitely gone up automatically is very weak considering we were 'only' 4th when he left and less than a quarter of the season had been played.

The rest of his management career doesn't suggest he was particularly likely to maintain the form from those 7 or 8 games across the whole seasons. Indeed very, very few teams can. Especially in the topsy turvy Championship.

Lots of teams go through great runs for that amount of time in a Championship season, very few maintain it for another 7 or 8, let alone 35 games.

That early season form was a surprise to us and probably to our opponents too. It probably got tougher as teams became more aware and clued in to our system and threat. And that is likely to have happened whoever the manager was.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 17-04-2021 at 10:35 AM.
Old 18-04-2021, 06:19 AM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolley View Post
Please correct my good self if you think I am wrong,but there seems to be a growing sense that "Wor Roy" will be hanging up his "Sure" coat at the end of this season.
I was going to respond until I remembered that you weren't a real person but a joke account that everyone was supposed to ignore
Old 18-04-2021, 06:30 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Agree with this. We also know that the pressure is quite different when you get down to that run-in, especially with a squad with very few players who had been in such territory before. In fact it's pure fantasy and wishful thinking.

Who knows what would have happened if Dougie stayed but the argument we would have definitely gone up automatically is very weak considering we were 'only' 4th when he left and less than a quarter of the season had been played.

The rest of his management career doesn't suggest he was particularly likely to maintain the form from those 7 or 8 games across the whole seasons. Indeed very, very few teams can. Especially in the topsy turvy Championship.

Lots of teams go through great runs for that amount of time in a Championship season, very few maintain it for another 7 or 8, let alone 35 games.

That early season form was a surprise to us and probably to our opponents too. It probably got tougher as teams became more aware and clued in to our system and threat. And that is likely to have happened whoever the manager was.
After leaving Dougie won 14 games and drew 11 (53 points) that season at Bolton

By comparison, Holloway won 10 and drew 12 (42 points) with a far better squad and a team on top form when he took over

Nothing there to suggest Dougie wouldn’t have been able to maintain the momentum and form had he stayed
Old 18-04-2021, 06:44 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post

By comparison, Holloway won 10 and drew 12 (42 points) with a far better squad and a team on top form when he took over

Nothing there to suggest Dougie wouldn’t have been able to maintain the momentum and form had he stayed
I don't disagree about Holloway, but are you sure we had a better squad than Bolton ATM ? They had just been relegated from the Prem, after many years and most people had them as one of the pre season favourites. They were obviously under achieving when DF took over and you could argue they should improve, under any competent Manager.
Old 18-04-2021, 06:56 AM
Lest we forget

Gark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace were over achieving at the point that Freedman left. After getting promoted, we all said that it was by far the weakest Palace squad to win promotion.
Old 18-04-2021, 07:49 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:

It's a totally different thing maintaining it with one side than a different one.

But even he had kept us where he left us, which would have been a considerable achievement, then we would have finished 4th. In the play-offs.

I have doubts he would have done as good a job as Holloway in the play-offs - IH's experience of them helped.

I'm not sure I agree we had a far better squad either.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 18-04-2021 at 07:53 AM.
Old 18-04-2021, 11:51 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Freedman clearly didn’t think that was the case
Old 18-04-2021, 01:22 PM
An old creakey.

Trolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrolley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian J View Post
I was going to respond until I remembered that you weren't a real person but a joke account that everyone was supposed to ignore
Dear Ian J

My good lady wife will testify that I am very much a "Real person" and joking is not on my list of qualities.

Staying "On topic", I repeat that my suspicion is that both "Wor Roy" and SP know the situation regards the management of CPFC next season.Both will know what is going to happen.Maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong.

Last edited by Trolley; 18-04-2021 at 01:32 PM.
Old 18-04-2021, 01:28 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Says the poster who's profile says he's 100yrs old.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 18-04-2021, 01:37 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gark Moldberg View Post
Palace were over achieving at the point that Freedman left. After getting promoted, we all said that it was by far the weakest Palace squad to win promotion.
That weakest squad with a few additions managed to stay up and 2 of those players are still playing for Palace 6 seasons later still in the PL. Quite an achievement when you consider how many teams come up and are relegated within 2 seasons.
Old 18-04-2021, 01:42 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you only respond to posters that are what I think you mean by ‘real people’ then you won’t be posting very often
Old 18-04-2021, 02:23 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
That spell between the bristol city car park chat and dougie leaving was some of the best football I've ever seen us play. And the display away at leicester and home to Blackburn just after he left and we were playing the same style was even better. Holloway did some poor tweeking( Delaney diagonals) but nailed it in the play offs.
Old 18-04-2021, 02:43 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
It's a totally different thing maintaining it with one side than a different one.

But even he had kept us where he left us, which would have been a considerable achievement, then we would have finished 4th. In the play-offs.

I have doubts he would have done as good a job as Holloway in the play-offs - IH's experience of them helped.

I'm not sure I agree we had a far better squad either.
Playoffs!!? If Dougie hadn’t left we would have achieved automatic promotion.

IH almost made us miss the play offs!
Old 18-04-2021, 02:45 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Spoke to someone who knows the Cowley brothers very well who in turn are good mates with Eddie Howe. He was at the training ground a few weeks ago. Chuck a cheeky tenner on Howe.
Old 18-04-2021, 02:48 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Spoke to someone who knows the Cowley brothers very well who in turn are good mates with Eddie Howe. He was at the training ground a few weeks ago. Chuck a cheeky tenner on Howe.
Well I imagine anyone interviewing would go get a tour of the training ground.
Old 18-04-2021, 03:13 PM

Montyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Well I imagine anyone interviewing would go get a tour of the training ground.
Good thing about that is it looks like we are heading out of the Hodgson era
Old 18-04-2021, 03:16 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyburns76 View Post
Good thing about that is it looks like we are heading out of the Hodgson era
It’s starting to look that way.
Old 18-04-2021, 03:25 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
If only we could head out of the Montyburns76 era.
Old 18-04-2021, 04:35 PM

Brodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldn't take anything concrete from Howe being at the training ground. He visited the training ground with Tindall before, and a day or two later ended up at Burnley when it looked likely he'd be joining us.
Old 18-04-2021, 04:37 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie Lee View Post
I wouldn't take anything concrete from Howe being at the training ground. He visited the training ground with Tindall, and a day or two later ended up at Burnley when it looked likely he'd be joining us.
Burnley had a lot more money than us at the time