Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 19-09-2021, 08:48 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Seeing as we’re talking about Suckling, one of my happiest memories of him was after our promotion win in 89 against Blackburn. After the long happy celebrations in the stadium, we finally made our way back home towards Thornton Heath, dancing along in our Palace tops and cheering people tooting their horns in celebration at us. This must’ve happened about six or seven times when again another Palace fan drove past and hooted their horn and we turned to salute them and to our shock, there was Suckling driving the car with his wife in the passenger seat both waving back at us. I think they got a thrill out of the shock and sudden realisation on our faces as they both were laughing their heads off. Nice memory.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Good story Bubbs, I always liked Perry and felt bad for how things went so badly wrong in his career after that night at Anfield.

It was a busy week on the music front albeit a pretty unproductive one for the connoisseurs. New entries into the top ten for week ending 21 September:

Love To Hate You by Erasure - This was one of their last hurrahs as top ten troubling act, after several years of consistent hit-making. A pedestrian affair built around the I Will Survive melody.

Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses - A pretty limp ballad, not in the same league as their epic Sweet Child O' Mine.

Peace by Sabrina Johnson - I think this was the 'peace in the valley' one...a harmless enough club staple at the time which has now faded into obscurity.

What Can You Do For Me by Utah Saints - The pick of this week's bunch in my book, Utah Saints always came up with something worth listening to. This was actually their debut hit and they became best known for the follow up Something Good which heavily sampled from Kate Bush. Anyway they were an interesting dance / DJ act.
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Peace by Sabrina Johnson - I think this was the 'peace in the valley' one...a harmless enough club staple at the time which has now faded into obscurity.
Visited a nightclub for the first time ever at the end of Sept 91 - this blaring out (along with Rozalla's Everybody's Free) is the song I remember most. Will never fade into obscurity in my house!

Alexa - play Sabrina Johnson!
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Seeing as we’re talking about Suckling, one of my happiest memories of him was after our promotion win in 89 against Blackburn. After the long happy celebrations in the stadium, we finally made our way back home towards Thornton Heath, dancing along in our Palace tops and cheering people tooting their horns in celebration at us. This must’ve happened about six or seven times when again another Palace fan drove past and hooted their horn and we turned to salute them and to our shock, there was Suckling driving the car with his wife in the passenger seat both waving back at us. I think they got a thrill out of the shock and sudden realisation on our faces as they both were laughing their heads off. Nice memory.
Good week for the Sucklings. Perry and his very attractive missus were in the Croydon Advertiser having just become parents at Mayday Hospital. Maybe those all nighters doing the bottle feeds caused Perry to be half asleep when lining up in goal for the 0-9, 0-3, 0-5, 1-3, 4-3 etc.