Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't think the Kabak 'interest' is Palace's but rather coming from his side.

That might change if Palace fail to sign Andersen, but that looks like it'll have a positive outcome too.
Old 26-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
I'm glad you're not too.
Old 26-07-2021, 01:59 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Id think wed be mad not to try and get Cahill on for another year. I would imagine the stumbling block is playing time. He wouldnt be a starter for us now, where as Rangers hed probably be made captain.

Shame as he is a very experienced pro and it would be great for Kabak to be taken under his wing for a season.
Id think Cahill would be looking for more than one year and on higher wages . Something we would be mad to offer. So we all move on sadly

1 year would be perfect but we are always going to be poles apart.
Old 26-07-2021, 02:08 PM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
Id think Cahill would be looking for more than one year and on higher wages . Something we would be mad to offer. So we all move on sadly

1 year would be perfect but we are always going to be poles apart.
Perhaps theyll offer Cahill and then a coaching pathway going forwards?
Old 26-07-2021, 03:44 PM

glaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Schlupp, Clyne assuming he signs, Jairo has been here for 4 years now
None of those will definitely play.
Old 26-07-2021, 03:52 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
None of those will definitely play.
Were discussing experience throughout the squad not just on the pitch at any one particular moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 28-07-2021, 04:46 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Ed Aarons
@ed_aarons

6m
Still in for Kabak I’m told
Old 28-07-2021, 04:46 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Ed Aarons says despite Andersen we are still after him

Quote:
Ed Aarons
@ed_aarons
4m
Andersen: “I have a very positive impression of Patrick from the conversations I have had with him, and I have heard nothing but great things about the manager, the club and its plans for the future.” Palace still after Ozan Kabak as well
Old 28-07-2021, 04:53 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
Ed Aarons
@ed_aarons

6m
Still in for Kabak Im told
Really cant see it now. 50million on 3 CBs when we have other positions that need real added quality would seem a bit excessive?

Unless Kouyate is going and Kelly might be moved on?
Old 28-07-2021, 04:56 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Really cant see it now. 50million on 3 CBs when we have other positions that need real added quality would seem a bit excessive?

Yeah I would expect CK with his big wages.
Old 28-07-2021, 04:58 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

If Kabak is available for around 10m it could well be a goer. Right now we have 3 solid PL quality CBs plus Kelly, who has barely played for whatever reason, and a decent makeshift in Kouyate. I would think the club would like 4 if they could get then within budget.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 28-07-2021, 05:03 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

How many seasons do Kelly and Tomkins have left? If there is a centre back of sufficient quality available at a discount then surely we have to buy him.
Old 28-07-2021, 05:03 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
If Kabak is available for around 10m it could well be a goer. Right now we have 3 solid PL quality CBs plus Kelly, who has barely played for whatever reason, and a decent makeshift in Kouyate. I would think the club would like 4 if they could get then within budget.
Yeah agree. I think Kouyate could go if he’s only got a year left. Also Tomkins out of contract next summer. Sign Kabak then that’s the CB position sorted for a few years to come! Kouyate is also probably on 50-60k and Kabak I can imagine would be half of that?
Old 28-07-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
How many seasons do Kelly and Tomkins have left? If there is a centre back of sufficient quality available at a discount then surely we have to buy him.
Yep see my last post, I agree. Tomkins out of contract next summer as well.
Old 28-07-2021, 05:08 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Honestly if he comes in on a 5 year deal like the other two, the money isn't even looking that outrageous over that kind of timeframe and its a core position removed from plenty of future windows

Also great for squad competition unless we are playing 3 at the back
Old 28-07-2021, 10:03 PM
Probationary User

Falkor123 is playing for a contract
Is this insurance for CK leaving?
Old 28-07-2021, 10:17 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surely this kills off any chance of Cahill re-signing.
Old 28-07-2021, 10:28 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Surely this kills off any chance of Cahill re-signing.
Good. Never truly recovered from the nasty injury he got at home vs Chelsea. Old, slow, injured & expensive....exactly what we are no longer in the market for. Glasgow Rangers would be ideal for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 28-07-2021, 10:42 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I could understand the long term benefit of signing Kabak for a relatively low price.

If Kouyate were to depart, it could make some sense.

However, despite being pleased with our window so far - and the fact we are actually getting players in earlier in the window than we have come to expect - I still think we have an awful lot of work to do in other parts of the squad.

So I'm not sure spending another 10-12m on a centre back would really make sense, unless either Kouyate is leaving or Vieira intends to play with a back 3.

We still need to sort out right back, there is no deal with Clyne yet and wiilst there is still hope for Ferguson, I don't think we can have any expectations about him at this point. Even if Clyne does sign a new deal, it's an area of the squad that needs investment very soon due to his, and Ward's age.

The midfield issue is probably the most pressing and we could really do with some proper investment and spending in that area. McArthur is getting on, Schlupp is injury prone, Luka decent but limited. Jairo yet to convince. Kouyate useful but 32(?). 1 addition in this area seems absolutely essential. 2 is what we would want.

However, we also really need an additional forward.

If you combine Eze's long absence, Olise's shorter absence (and allowing him time to adjust to the PL), Ayew's diminishing returns, Benteke's inconsistency, Mateta's lack of form (I know he's had limited chances so far), Michy's departure, Rak-Sakyi's age and inexperience at PL level, Schlupp's injury record...

We are basically only really sure about Wilf in terms of attacking quality (at least until Eze returns).

I would personally have wanted us to sign a left back too but I accept that one is probably going to have to be left as is. With the hope that Mitchell and Hannam (or possibly Schlupp) can do the job there this season.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 28-07-2021 at 10:47 PM.
Old 28-07-2021, 10:42 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor123 View Post
Is this insurance for CK leaving?
I wouldn't be surprised if CK leaving pays for it