Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: The Hundred - do you support the concept?
Yes - and I shall be supporting one on the new Teams 29 20.42%
I am broadly in favour, but won't actively support any of the new Teams 18 12.68%
I have no particular interest but may watch the occasional game on TV 43 30.28%
I am not interested and will not be watching any of the matches 11 7.75%
I am strongly opposed to the new format 41 28.87%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-07-2021, 01:45 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Does Michael Vaughan know more than 100 words?
If you include terms of abuse for people of a swarthy hue then definitely.
Old 26-07-2021, 01:56 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
Don't want to upset anyone but...
It's quite good isn't it!?

Great to see women's cricket getting such high profile coverage and crowds full of youngsters
Old 26-07-2021, 08:23 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Tonight's match was amazing drama.

Even for those who don't understand Cricket and that I think is the point as The Hundred is far from the traditional game, hugely entertaining tv fare.

Too early to say but this format in 2/3 years may well supplant T20.
Old 26-07-2021, 09:32 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
I'm really enjoying it so far.

Tonight's game seemed to change when they had the dead ball when someone got on the outfield and then when the ball happened again Hales dropped by Stokes which you would expect him to catch went for six.
Old 26-07-2021, 09:55 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Test cricket is the best no doubt. But I enjoy the other formats too. The hundred seemed unnecessary when it was announced, but I am really enjoying it. It’s been great. My only concern is the impact on the india series, but let’s see.
Old 26-07-2021, 10:34 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
enjoying it a lot
Old 26-07-2021, 10:44 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post

Even for those who don't understand Cricket and that I think is the point as The Hundred is far from the traditional game, hugely entertaining tv fare.

There has been amazing T20 drama around the world since it was invented.

We didn’t need to take 20 balls out of the equation to produce drama.

The IPL and Big Bash League aren’t going to get taken over by the Hundred. It’s a shame we didn’t put this money behind the T20 comp.

Last edited by Tomo; 26-07-2021 at 10:47 PM.
Old 27-07-2021, 09:05 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post

Sell it to the Yanks
Old 27-07-2021, 09:37 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post

We didnít need to take 20 balls out of the equation to produce drama.

The IPL and Big Bash League arenít going to get taken over by the Hundred. Itís a shame we didnít put this money behind the T20 comp.
Absolutely this.

T20 drama? See Carlos Brathwaite hitting Ben Stokes for 4 6s in the last World T20 from nap

50 over drama? A run-out off the last ball of a Super Over in a World Cup final

Test drama? Anyone see the 2019 Ashes Test at Headingley?
Old 27-07-2021, 12:05 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Absolutely this.

T20 drama? See Carlos Brathwaite hitting Ben Stokes for 4 6s in the last World T20 from nap

50 over drama? A run-out off the last ball of a Super Over in a World Cup final

Test drama? Anyone see the 2019 Ashes Test at Headingley?
Well put
Old 27-07-2021, 01:38 PM

Chiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Like plenty of proper cricket fans on here, I hoped this circus would fall flat on its face. And maybe it still will. But I am surprised by the number of people on here who are supportive of it.

I am firmly in the T20 camp, it is a great contest and the standards across the world, including here, have improved enormously since it was introduced so that it is now a proper spectacle. I don't understand why a 5 ball over (if you are still allowed to call it that) is better than 6, nor do I understand why a kaleidoscope of felt-tip colours round the edge of my screen improves the game. I am not a fan of introducing a new terminology just to make it different, nor do I get the need to have live music (personal choice I know).

The ECB wants to attract new spectators to cricket. If they really think that chopping 20 balls off an innings will do it, well it seems to me they have been mugged by their own marketing people. Have they thought about their current cricket audience and the negative effect on them? No, they really don't give a shit. A little bit more thought into how to improve the gem that is T20 would have done the trick, and ideas such as making the new batsman face for example, would have been good enhancements. But creating whole new teams who most people have no allegiance to, and at the same time undermining further the county structure on which the proper game of cricket is based is dangerous. They will, before they know it, undermine the roots of test cricket to the point it will disappear.

To those who enjoy the new format, I am happy for you. To those of us who love the game in its current forms, the ECB has done us a short sighted and massive disservice. They should be ashamed of themselves, as should the Vaughns, Strausses and Pietersens who probably do know better, but also know which side their bread is buttered.

I'd better go and take my pills now
Old 27-07-2021, 01:58 PM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller View Post
Like plenty of proper cricket fans on here, I hoped this circus would fall flat on its face. And maybe it still will. But I am surprised by the number of people on here who are supportive of it.

I am firmly in the T20 camp, it is a great contest and the standards across the world, including here, have improved enormously since it was introduced so that it is now a proper spectacle. I don't understand why a 5 ball over (if you are still allowed to call it that) is better than 6, nor do I understand why a kaleidoscope of felt-tip colours round the edge of my screen improves the game. I am not a fan of introducing a new terminology just to make it different, nor do I get the need to have live music (personal choice I know).

The ECB wants to attract new spectators to cricket. If they really think that chopping 20 balls off an innings will do it, well it seems to me they have been mugged by their own marketing people. Have they thought about their current cricket audience and the negative effect on them? No, they really don't give a shit. A little bit more thought into how to improve the gem that is T20 would have done the trick, and ideas such as making the new batsman face for example, would have been good enhancements. But creating whole new teams who most people have no allegiance to, and at the same time undermining further the county structure on which the proper game of cricket is based is dangerous. They will, before they know it, undermine the roots of test cricket to the point it will disappear.

To those who enjoy the new format, I am happy for you. To those of us who love the game in its current forms, the ECB has done us a short sighted and massive disservice. They should be ashamed of themselves, as should the Vaughns, Strausses and Pietersens who probably do know better, but also know which side their bread is buttered.

Well said Chiller.

Test cricket is the best form of cricket there will ever be. 50-over games are exciting and bring different skills to the table. T20 beermatches are what we played after work - a bit of fun, but that's it.

Billy Smart's Circus can do one as far as I am concerned.
Old 27-07-2021, 02:06 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post

We didnít need to take 20 balls out of the equation to produce drama.

The IPL and Big Bash League arenít going to get taken over by the Hundred. Itís a shame we didnít put this money behind the T20 comp.
Yep. Caught the end last night and Broad was saying heíd never seen anything like it ever before.

Yeah right.
Old 27-07-2021, 06:36 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
The one tweak I'd make is that bowlers have to complete a 10 delivery spell in one slot. Whipping bowlers in and out of the attack after 5 deliveries is too similar a tactic to T20 & ODIs.
Who you holding back, Skipper?

Last edited by Prince Phillip; 27-07-2021 at 08:33 PM.
Old 29-07-2021, 05:39 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Hales v Morgan now playing. Hoping Hales scores big.
Old 29-07-2021, 06:02 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Proper old-school fat bastards on show
Old 29-07-2021, 08:02 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Utter, utter, ******* shite.

Cricket wanker.
Old 29-07-2021, 08:39 PM

GTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Meanwhile the forgotten counties playing the RLC 50 over competition have served up cracking fare this week.

Following Surrey v Notts at Guildford earlier in the week today Durham v Gloucs and Warwick v Leics look as if they were mini classics with 670 and 599 runs scored in the day and the result going to the wire.
Old 30-07-2021, 09:19 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Nice to see the small kids having a great time at the game on TV tonight -
Old 30-07-2021, 09:33 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller View Post

Great Post.

I am sticking to my boycott of it for the reasons you have outlined, despite the BBC over-promoting it. Could not belive the BBC Sport app had one of the games earlier this week as their lead live top sports article over the Olympics (even if the Olympics was pretty much done for the day).