Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-01-2022, 10:25 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
To make you feel better, I have updated your points to the correct "out of 7" system.
What Palace Wu seems to fail to understand is you can laugh less at a film and still rate it.
Old 13-01-2022, 02:46 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Gentleman 2020

Guy Ritchie film follows his normal brief
Borrows bits from some great old films like the long good Friday
A good ripping yarn thoroughly enjoyable
Liked the posh totty from Downton Abbey made to act like a cockney sparrow funny

8/10
Old 13-01-2022, 02:48 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
I really enjoyed The Gentlemen. Great cast and some funny moments.
Old 13-01-2022, 02:49 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
What Palace Wu seems to fail to understand is you can laugh less at a film and still rate it.
The Hurricane a comedy?
Old 13-01-2022, 04:46 PM

Lazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I thought it was a thinly veiled dig at Elon Musk
Yes, I think you're right.
Old 13-01-2022, 08:13 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is this satire?

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 13-01-2022, 10:14 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Utterly brilliant and on Prime. A single 90 minute take.
£9.99 to rent on Prime. Have they taken it off the Prime package already?
Old 14-01-2022, 12:48 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Topsy-Turvy (1999)
Directed by Mike Leigh a long, sprawling but interesting take on Gilbert and Sullivan, their professional and private lives, leading up to The Mikado. Jim Broadbent( Gilbert) & Allan Corduner( Sullivan) are excellent. Several of Leigh’s usual entourage including Lesley Manville are involved. 7/10 (Film Four)
Old 14-01-2022, 02:14 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
The Gentleman 2020

Guy Ritchie film follows his normal brief
Borrows bits from some great old films like the long good Friday
A good ripping yarn thoroughly enjoyable
Liked the posh totty from Downton Abbey made to act like a cockney sparrow funny

8/10
Michelle Dockery is an Essex gell . You can hear it when she speaks,so would not have had to work hard to put that accent on.
Old 14-01-2022, 04:36 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Victoria

Woah. What a film.

A 2 hour 20 minute one take, that starts in a Berlin Night Club, via the streets, a rooftop, a shoot out, a nightclub (again) and a hotel.
It is fantastic. You almost forget it has been done in one take, and then something takes your breath away.
Old 14-01-2022, 07:45 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Victoria

Woah. What a film.

A 2 hour 20 minute one take, that starts in a Berlin Night Club, via the streets, a rooftop, a shoot out, a nightclub (again) and a hotel.
It is fantastic. You almost forget it has been done in one take, and then something takes your breath away.
Totally agree
Old 14-01-2022, 11:51 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Lost Daughter - It lost me after 1 1/2hrs, I'm usually quite patient with films but I was so bored I couldn't be bothered to finish it. I just don't understand how it's been given such great reviews.
Old 15-01-2022, 12:40 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Hurricane - based on the true events of Rubin Carter being wrongfully imprisoned.
It’s a great watch.
70/89
One of the best Bob Dylan songs as well. Great film
Old 15-01-2022, 02:40 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
The Eternals - 5/10

Marvel's ancient gods origin story. Thousands of years ago, a (presumptive) supreme being sent a group of warriors to Earth, ostensibly to protect the human population from a rampaging band of demon like creatures called the Deviants and through the course of centuries become the basis for many civilizations worshipped gods. Of course, that's not the full story and our group of protectors have only a few days to save the planet from destruction. This one is kind of a mess. You have this group that has various powers that range from good, flying-laser eyes guy, to baffling, one guy can just punch and it looks like only with his right hand. It both fits in well with the events of the Avengers series and at the same time doesn't. It's hard to explain but there are a few plot holes that I found myself struggling to reconcile during the movie. Gemma Chan becomes the Maud Adams of the MCU as she takes on her second character role for Marvel as the unwilling, unready and newly picked leader of the Eternals. My suggestion if you watch this is to watch one hour, turn it off and come back to the other hour the next day. I think forgetting some of the first half will actually increase the enjoyment.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-01-2022, 02:42 AM

Vivarium(2019)
An unsettling sci-fi which starts off intriguing but runs out of steam by the end, bit like an extended episode of The Twilight Zone. 6/10 (Film Four)
Old 15-01-2022, 08:48 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
Lost Daughter - It lost me after 1 1/2hrs, I'm usually quite patient with films but I was so bored I couldn't be bothered to finish it. I just don't understand how it's been given such great reviews.
I think its a chicks movie.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 15-01-2022, 09:20 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I think its a chicks movie.
No wonder I don't understand women.
Old 15-01-2022, 09:59 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
The Matrix Resurrections

Not as awful as some of the critics make out, but when a group of policemen armed with machine guns can't hit a girl in a hallway from a couple of feet you know to turn your brain off early on. Long and drawn out with not much happening, but still better than the second and third films. Don't bother going to the cinema to see it- a very average 5/10

Last edited by Ant.Palace; 15-01-2022 at 10:09 AM.
Old 15-01-2022, 06:10 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
I started watching this mainly because Olivia Colman is always a good watch, but like you I was bored rigid and gave it up
Old 15-01-2022, 06:13 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
‘Bliss’ on Amazon prime is a bit strange, but once you suss out what’s going on, it’s very watchable