Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-06-2022, 12:23 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
The conservative party has an 80 seat majority (which they've peaked with and are on course to lose) and abortion rights aren't even debated. Not everything is about The UK.

As for America (where the lib party controls the white house and congress but are powerless) Florida and Texas are ones to watch as their economies have boomed due to companies and young people fleeing high taxes and crime in the big cities of the blue states. Texas based Telsa has said they will pay for out of state trips for any employee needing an abortion but I'm not sure how sustainable that is, an engineer or whatever working there is eventually going to look for work in Chicago or NYC.

It's enough of a game changer that it will cause a brain drain and red states will get redder and poorer.

In many countries abortion laws are strict on paper but almost never enforced. In the UK for example I believe a GPs referral is required and the mother's health or social-economic reasons have to be given. I do not believe there is a single GP in The UK (England and Wales at least) who would refuse this referral because if they did we would know about it. This is probably the best those living in purple states can hope for.
Old 25-06-2022, 12:51 AM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Abortion will not be banned in the UK in your or my lifetime. Silly you indeed.
I wouldn’t be too sure about that. There is a gradual erosion of rights taking place here and one day we’re going to look around and wonder how we did we get here. The decision in America is shocking and if they don’t do something as a population soon, it will just be the first of many.

If I was in America and a family member of any women who dies because she was denied an abortion, and there will be many, I would take the opportunity to sue the state to try to hit it where it apparently hurts the most because this seems to be what they understand.

Last edited by Hazbaz; 25-06-2022 at 12:54 AM.
Old 25-06-2022, 02:56 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-06-2022, 04:30 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
For me, it's the look of hate entrenched across the faces of these people - even when celebrating victory. Is this an interpretation of god that people should be following.

It reminds me of the meme comparing the similarities of a god fearing bible belt female nut job with an ISIS female nut job. A difficult spot the differences that one.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 25-06-2022, 04:32 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
And it is at its scariest when the same thinking is exported to other countries - whether it is Blighty or Chile.

Old 25-06-2022, 05:09 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Life is precious - Mrs Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 25-06-2022, 06:49 AM

Mr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Abortion will not be banned in the UK in your or my lifetime. Silly you indeed.
I hope you are right but donít forget that abortion was effectively illegal in part of the U.K. (Northern Ireland) until very recently. I also didnít think that the U.K. would leave the EU or repeal the Human Rights Act in my lifetime but here we are.
Old 25-06-2022, 07:17 AM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
I never though we’d leave the EU or that we’d go through a pandemic or (effectively) be at war with Russia. I’ve given up trying to predict the future.
Old 25-06-2022, 07:27 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
For me, it's the look of hate entrenched across the faces of these people - even when celebrating victory. Is this an interpretation of god that people should be following.

It reminds me of the meme comparing the similarities of a god fearing bible belt female nut job with an ISIS female nut job. A difficult spot the differences that one.
The difference is only the degree of violence they require to enforce their will on others. Inevitably fundamentalism will always end up in the same outcomes and place. An absolute and unquestionable moral truth will always result in the justification of the otherwise unacceptable.
Old 25-06-2022, 07:30 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Time to add American Women to the list of genuine asylum seekers.

Well it would be if our government have a **** about its responsibility to refugees
Old 25-06-2022, 07:44 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
The conservative party has an 80 seat majority (which they've peaked with and are on course to lose) and abortion rights aren't even debated. Not everything is about The UK.

As for America (where the lib party controls the white house and congress but are powerless) Florida and Texas are ones to watch as their economies have boomed due to companies and young people fleeing high taxes and crime in the big cities of the blue states. Texas based Telsa has said they will pay for out of state trips for any employee needing an abortion but I'm not sure how sustainable that is, an engineer or whatever working there is eventually going to look for work in Chicago or NYC.

It's enough of a game changer that it will cause a brain drain and red states will get redder and poorer.

In many countries abortion laws are strict on paper but almost never enforced. In the UK for example I believe a GPs referral is required and the mother's health or social-economic reasons have to be given. I do not believe there is a single GP in The UK (England and Wales at least) who would refuse this referral because if they did we would know about it. This is probably the best those living in purple states can hope for.
This isnít true, I know people whose GP has refused and they had to go to another GP.
Old 25-06-2022, 12:23 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
If you live in, or visit, the USA, and you are non-white, in a non-white relationship, a woman, are gay, trans, have liberal/leftist/non-fascist views, are Jewish/Muslim/non-Christian, or do not speak with an American accent - then your life is in considerably more danger than almost anywhere else on the planet. It. Is. Absurd.
It. Is. Also. Bollocks.
Old 25-06-2022, 12:49 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Jesus. Missed that one. h_k_hg is obviously a very bright chap but does occasionally spout some right old shit (usually about the USA, Israel and the UK).
Old 25-06-2022, 12:52 PM
Bog Whoppit

Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Fen Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
It. Is. Also. Bollocks.
Absolutely agree with you, the quoted author is a total prick, WTF has race got to do with anything black or white it should be a womanís right to have complete attorney over her own body.
Old 25-06-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
It. Is. Also. Bollocks.
It. Sounds. Iffy. Shit.

Old 25-06-2022, 12:54 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
I might change my mind now.
Old 25-06-2022, 01:12 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Old 25-06-2022, 01:26 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
I might change my mind now.
Embarrassing, eh?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-06-2022, 01:29 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Embarrassing, eh?
I was joking. Fen Eagle was possibly for the first time ever correct, but only indirectly as his main intention was to attack h_k_hg. Also, PeterH might be sober for once.
Old 25-06-2022, 01:40 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was joking. Fen Eagle was possibly for the first time ever correct, but only indirectly as his main intention was to attack h_k_hg.
I think theyíre both wrong. HGís post lacked perspective, and Fen Eagleís lacked nuance.