Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 19-03-2021, 10:12 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
County Cricket 2021

Morning all.

As in previous years, I thought I'd create a separate thread specifically for County Cricket this season. The 'Cricket Thread' thread is normally used for international or general stuff.

After renewing my membership at the Oval (despite feeling somewhat hypocritical for doing so, based on me slagging off Richard Gould so much last year), I've just booked some tickets for the 1st 2 County Championship games this season vs Middx & Glocs in May. Looking forward to enjoying that new Lock/Laker stand.

Let's have the thoughts of the regular Surrey & Kent followers - there's always a few Essex, Sussex & Hants fans on here too - all welcome

Anyone looking forward to The Hundred?
Old 19-03-2021, 12:57 PM

Mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Likewise, I've just booked tickets for each Saturday of the Middx and Gloucs matches. Hope the weather is ok.
Looking forward to seeing some live sport again, both at Selhurst and the Oval. Guildford was always good too, but with current circumstances, the Gloucs match had to be switched.
Haven't booked any T20 yet and can't say I'm too thrilled about The Hundred-just seems too manufactured.
Old 19-03-2021, 01:27 PM

GTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Booked for Thurs and Sat of the two games and really looking forward to it.

Sadly seems that the possibility of 'trial events' in April isn't going to happen for cricket as was hopeful the Oval would be bidding to host as they did last summer.

Some talk of trying to get round the restrictions by allowing people to have dinner with cricket as background entertainment (hospitality restrictions ease in April) but can't see that happening.
Old 19-03-2021, 02:21 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
Booked for Thurs and Sat of the two games and really looking forward to it.

Sadly seems that the possibility of 'trial events' in April isn't going to happen for cricket as was hopeful the Oval would be bidding to host as they did last summer.

Some talk of trying to get round the restrictions by allowing people to have dinner with cricket as background entertainment (hospitality restrictions ease in April) but can't see that happening.
Yeah, this is madness. You can sit in that rooftop bar & have a 2 course lunch on April 12th, 13th and 14th April but not on the 15th, 16th, 17th or 18th because there is a game on.......
Old 19-03-2021, 08:27 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
I'm up for the county season after last years season having to be so short that will probably mean I will find it a let down.

It will be interesting to see how the new County Championship format works. I'll put a summary of how everything is working this year nearer the time.

I'm not sure how many games I can get to because of the restrictions. Kent have currently only have one four day game against Sussex in Beckenham. I'm hoping that some One Day Cup matches will be played there as well but the venues have not yet been announced. I will try to get to Canterbury for two T20s but that might not be straightforward.

I don't have a good feeling about the County Championship however in T20 I do have high hopes.

When the time comes it may be worth having a different thread for The Hundred and using this one for the One Day Cup.

If anyone wants to know how the ticketing for Kent works this year: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-03-2021, 09:14 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Same here renewed my season ticket not sure how many matches me and me Mrs will be able to watch this season
Old 19-03-2021, 09:50 PM
I am a Bad Man

Forgot about that 100 question

I am genuinely looking forward to that and if it had the potential to knock 20/20 off it’s perch
Old 19-03-2021, 10:01 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
What sort of crowds will they allow at the oval while covid is still an issue
Old 20-03-2021, 07:29 AM
I am a Bad Man

I have heard half the stadium being filled in and imagine families would be allowed to sit together

Edit: done a Google and found this

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by RazorsEdge; 20-03-2021 at 07:32 AM.
Old 20-03-2021, 12:25 PM

GTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I have heard half the stadium being filled in and imagine families would be allowed to sit together

Edit: done a Google and found this

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Think that is an old article from last summer - my understanding re the Oval is:

- first 2 county championship games will be without spectators

- the next two county championship games are after the 17th May and so if Step 3 occurs then there will c25% spectators allowed. Members are currently able to reserve a place for those games and if there remains capacity they may be sold to non-members from 5th April. There are 3 T20 games following these which I guess are likely to be on the same basis.

- all the other games are after 21st June when there is scheduled to be the removal of all restrictions and 100% of capacity permitted. It is possible proof of vaccination or a recent negative covid test may be required to gain entry.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:52 PM

Mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Received my 2021Surrey membership card a while ago, but still awaiting membership pack. Anyone else got theirs yet?
Old 05-04-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Received my 2021Surrey membership card a while ago, but still awaiting membership pack. Anyone else got theirs yet?
No, I've not received my pack either but a mail, received from the club on Friday, stated '....we can confirm that 2021 Membership Packs have started being distributed and these will arrive with you in the next two weeks'
Old 05-04-2021, 03:18 PM

Cheers, I obviously didn't see that, but I note that if you apply for non-members' tickets for May, that you need the guest vouchers to produce as well, but that leaves plenty of time before then.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Cheers, I obviously didn't see that, but I note that if you apply for non-members' tickets for May, that you need the guest vouchers to produce as well, but that leaves plenty of time before then.
Yeah, exactly. I plan to nab a couple of Guest tix tomorrow & I'm fully confident that the vouchers will arrive by then
Old 05-04-2021, 04:43 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As I live in Gloucester I have a choice of Glos Worcester or Glamorgan for a season ticket
Bristol isn't much of a ground and aw kward to get to and new road is ok but gone for Sophia gardens this year
Easy to get to Cardiff by train great pub s and nice ground
Yes Glamorgan aren't that good but Sophia gardens is a good day out season ticket cost me £150
Let's hope I get to see some cricket
Old 05-04-2021, 04:45 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
As I live in Gloucester I have a choice of Glos Worcester or Glamorgan for a season ticket
Bristol isn't much of a ground and aw kward to get to and new road is ok but gone for Sophia gardens this year
Easy to get to Cardiff by train great pub s and nice ground
Yes Glamorgan aren't that good but Sophia gardens is a good day out season ticket cost me £150
Let's hope I get to see some cricket
And we don't have to reserve seats as the ground is barely a third full
Old 05-04-2021, 05:35 PM

Location: Still hunting for a Cat Deeley lookalike in the Capital City of Caterham
le piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got my Surrey membership for this season and got tickets for the Middlesex and Gloucestershire games in May
Old 05-04-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le piddler View Post
Got my Surrey membership for this season and got tickets for the Middlesex and Gloucestershire games in May
Cool, same here. See you there!
Old 06-04-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Received mine this morning
Old 06-04-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Received mine this morning
Yep, just received mine as well.